“A Dining Experience that makes all of us happy!!!happy!!happy!!!”

Steve & Cookie's By The Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Steve & Cookie's By The Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe & Amherst
Description: Steve & Cookie's, located near the bay in Margate, New Jersey, offers the best of steaks & fresh seafood in a warm atmosphere with live Jazz 7 nights a week. Using the freshest of local and sustainable produce, all meats on the menu are humanely raised without hormones or antibiotics.
washington dc
“A Dining Experience that makes all of us happy!!!happy!!happy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This restaurant is special in every way. Every ingredient, every dish is well thought out and special in its preparation. The restaurant prides itself on local and fresh ingredients. It is a very busy restaurant and difficult to obtain a reservation but it is understandable as to why. The food is DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Our favorites are the New Jersey Tomatoes covered with delicious shallots. OMG! OMG!!OMG!!! The last bite of this dish was the saddest because it was the end of an amazing presentation. Don't miss the fried lobster tail. All four of us ordered this and our plates did not even have a morsel of food left when we were done. The side dishes are unique as well with a delicious corn pudding intricately prepared but delicious. DONT MISS THE BLUEBERRY PIE!!!!! The pie is so well prepared that when you devour it, you feel like you are eating the freshest and plumpest of blueberries that have been hand picked by Cookie down to each blueberry. This restaurant takes pride in taking the freshest of ingredients to the freshest of seafood and meat and making the dishes "dance on the plate" . Cannot wait to return!!!

1 Thank tarbash

Pennsylvania
“27th anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

a lovely little restaurant with desirable decor. I loved the color scheme. My dinner was good. My husband started off with the Manhattan clam chowder as his first course. He enjoyed it saying it was flavorful with a hint of spice. His entree was the crab cakes but although they were tasty the size was very small. I had the relish house salad. It had a yummy house dressing with nuts ,dried fruit and blue cheese crumbles. (so good I made a replica at home the next day) my second course was the crab over linguine. This was also flavorful but not enough crab meat. This was our second trip to Margate and the town was lovely. Only two doors away from jerry blavets memories night club. The people in the bar and dining room were an older crowd. It was our anniversary and requested a water view but were seated far from any views. We were in the corner near the kitchen. Overall it was nice but priced higher than the food deserved. Lucy the elephant is a few blocks away and very cute!!!

New Rochelle, New York
“Pretty Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Came here on a Saturday night with three other couples. Was seated pretty promptly. Attractive place, nice room that is airy and has views of the bay and marina across the street.
Drink menu was nice: pretty good beer selection and nice selection of reasonably priced wines.
The food menu is great, there were multiple menu items I would have been happy to get - I guess I will come back. My wife had a very reasonably priced 2lb lobster for $38 that would have been sixty where I live. I had the double stuffed pork chop which was lick your plate good. Several of our friends got steaks and really enjoyed them. The special mixed seafood plate looked great as well. The apps were good too - the angry tomato salad is to die for. I thought the desserts were good but not nearly as memorable as the rest of the meal. Pretty good coffee too. Stylish crowd as well.
Now I just need to score another invitation to our friends beach house to ever get to eat here again (2.5 hours away)!

• Visited July 2014
“For the money we spent, didn't live up to our expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had heard great things about this restaurant. I will start by saying the food was wonderful. My husband, who grew up in Maryland, said the crab cakes were the best he's ever had...very dense with crab meat. The other members of our party loved their pork chops, the meat tray we ordered was delicious (very authentic Italian meats and cheeses), and my mother raved about her beet salad. Also, the water server was very attentive and effective. The bread served with dinner was delicious. The pumpernickel had raisins in it, which we really enjoyed.

Unfortunately our server, John, made our dining experience a bit stressful. Drink order was wrong (at $11 per drink that is not acceptable), he was not personable (perhaps he was having a bad night otherwise he is NOT cut out to be a server), we ordered dessert and after 20 minutes there was still no sign of our dessert, so we asked for the check and left without dessert.

The ambience was pleasant, although quite noisy making it difficult to have a conversation. We were lucky enough to sit by a large window facing the bay. That was lovely! There were no salt and pepper shakers on the table and I do think a candle on the table would have been nice as it got darker.

While the food was certainly wonderful, the price we paid was steep for our total dining experience. If we had a different server, I have a feeling I would have been leaving a four star review.

New Mexico
“Fresh and Lively scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was visiting friends for first time to the Shore and Steve & Cookie's did not disappoint at all! Restaurant was very lively and happening, which is always a good sign. My tomato salad was FRESH and Amazing, great flavor, with onion strings and balsamic. The halibut special also included great and fresh tasting tomatoes in addition to the perfectly cooked and flaky fresh white fish. For dessert, Fresh Blueberry pie, like I've never had before, simply stunning!