“More than what we expected”
Review of Oceanside Lodge

Oceanside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Marmora
Reviewed 29 August 2012

For a 1 star place this motel delivered more than what we expected. We stayed one night so we could be close to ocean city (8mins) and Wildwood (20 mins). Rooms were nice, clean and had all the basics. We slept well. Breakfast had a good variety of pastries, eggs and waffles, pretty good for a continental breakfast. Pool was nice and clean. People at the front desk were also very nice. If you're looking for luxury then get a 4 star room but if you're staying for a short time and just need the basics, this is for you!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyNavas

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here because my in-laws booked the hotel for our 2 night stay near Ocean City. My first overall impression that this was a basic motel. The grounds were taken care of. There was a nice pool in the middle.

Inside the room was a strong odor, almost a perfume smell. We thought maybe it was an air freshener or a spray used by housekeeping. The beds were clean and I did my standard bed bug check. Bug free! The bathrooms were old but they worked. I didn't feel like the room itself and rug were super clean but they were acceptable.

Overall it was an okay motel. I don't know if I'd stay here again but maybe if there was nothing else available. It's a good choice for someone looking for affordable accommodations near the shore.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank caracbeara
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We checked in August 19 and left August 21. Our first rooms, we got all unpacked went to the shore came back to take showers and the cold water didn't work because the screw on the knob was stripped. I noticed I guess the were hooks in bathroom and sinks but they were broken off. Everything else seemed to work. They did switch us to a handicapped room because I guess that's what was available. Cold water did work. Hooks were broken in that room too, and the shelf on the door of the fridge was broken off so we couldn't use the door part. The first night we slept I woke up to a bug crawling on my leg in the sheets yuck! (I hate bugs no matter how little) as I played UNO with my six year old daughter we seen 2 other bugs crawling in the floor.I'd assuming they came in from the vent and under the door, the place was just ok. The pool was cold not heated they said it was broke. Breakfast waffles were just frozen unthawed waffles to be toasted. I wouldn't go there again even though the price was decent.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Trulyloved1016
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here overnight to get a jump on our Ocean City vacation. The area seems a bit run down. The hotel is located next to a closed car dealership, and down the street from a baracaided Wendy's. It sits back from the yard on a fairly nice open spaced property. It was the cheapest hotel and very close to Ocean City. We were in Ocean City within 5 minutes. I was quite terrified to stay here after reading the bed bug reviews. I tore the sheets apart and did not find any signs of bed bugs. The room and hotel itself are quite outdated. I felt like I was on the set of Psycho or Identity. Everything appeared clean, but I was a bit hesitant to get too comfy. The staff at the front desk were friendly. The breakfast was mediocre at best. They had two types of cereal: crunch berries and raisin brand, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and some basic donuts/muffins. Based on the vibe I got while staying here and the feelin of being in such an outdated/desolate hotel, I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Let me start by saying that the price that we got for two nights was one of the best I found! I read reviews about bed bugs, so as soon as i got there, I tore into everything and there was NOT a bug in sight! The room smelled clean and sure it wasn't 2012 updated but it served the purpose of sleep and shower. We had plenty of parking and the fridge and microwave in the room was in good working shape. The breakfast was way better then expected after reading reviews, there were bagels and waffles and eggs, cereal, danishes ,coffee and juices! Much more than I had expected! The pool was open all three days I was there and was nice. The hotel was so close to everything, I couldnt have asked for something better that didnt kill my pockets. I see negative reviews and I just think that if your going to be in such demand of something high class, then go to a high class hotel. If your looking for something clean and simple that wont hurt your pockets, then I definatly recommend Econo Lodge! We would definatly go again! Thanks so much Econo Lodge

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kader K
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Great service with the owner but bad breakfast, pool old and dirty.. room dirty and bed bugs!!!!! The location of the hôtel is not bad (we go the ocean city beach in 7 minutes) for the price but the rest is not positive.. The biggest problem is the bed bugs. I didn't go again..

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank belanger101
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Flys were in our room overwhelming smell. Couldn't breath. Greasy. And now I'm covered in painful rashes all over from bed bugs... On my feet neck arms face... And it was so gross I woke up with a cold... Never again. I'm reporting them to the department of health because it was so bad

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank djicky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmora
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Passport Inn
Passport Inn
#3 of 7 in Somers Point
Boulevard Motel
Boulevard Motel
#1 of 2 in Marmora

Been to Oceanside Lodge? Share your experiences!