“Great Customer Service”
Review of Oceanside Lodge

Oceanside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Marmora
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We live in Ocean City and were told to evacuate due to Hurricane Sandy. I booked our room early (Thu), as I knew she was going to be a dangerous storm for Mon. Oct 29 & Tues. Oct 30. Our Governor then demanded we leave on Sunday, Oct 28. We ran around to remove our cars off the island. Everything was becoming very stressful. We went back to the hotel and booked a room for Sunday. We went home and we never got a chance to get to our hotel room. The city was flooded and we ended up having to ride out the hurricane. I have NEVER been so frightened in my life. Water was rising and you did not know when it was going to stop. I could go on about the destruction, but I wanted to let everyone know that we called the hotel when we got phone service and explained that we never made the stay because we were stuck in the storm. They kindly returned our call and gave us a partial refund. We were very happy about this as the circumstances had been out of our control. Today, we could only have wished we had been in this hotel for the duration of the storm. I want to praise the owners for their exceptional customer service. This should mean plenty to everyone now of days. Mind you, it is not a fancy hotel. We did enter our room to view it before going back to get our belongings and it was very clean. This is all I cared about and it passed the test. Since I live in Ocean City year round & we never did stay, I suggest this hotel for the price and you will surely be taken care of. You will have to drive to the ocean & boardwalk, but it is a straight, easy run which hardly has any traffic. Again....thanking the owners of this establishment with all my heart.

Room Tip: This hotel offers smoking rooms. I have a hard time finding this and I am very happy about this.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Looking for last minute stay on Labor Day Weekend driving up the coast. Front desk clerk told me that he had one room-a smoking room. When he saw that I balked at that, he left the desk and walked me down to the room so I could check it out. It didn't smell at all-went back and checked in, and he reminded me to stop by in the morning for the breakfast. The room itself-the property in general-can use a facelift. But for what it was, it was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txr622
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

Booked 1 room for 1 night with 2 full sized beds for $65 dollars. The staff was very nice, friendly, & helpful. Our room was right by the pool, we had no neighbors that night & there was no noise or people out the three times I went out to get something out of the car. The room, & bathroom were good sizes & priced good for 2 beds. Cleaning could be amped up a little, however I did NOT notice any bugs in the room or bed bugs. I would stay here again. The 20 mile drive to wildwood takes 10 minutes & is worth it. Saving money & staying somewhere quiet. Ocean City Boardwalk is 4 miles away. Good stay, nice private place.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Megan E
Reviewed 29 August 2012

For a 1 star place this motel delivered more than what we expected. We stayed one night so we could be close to ocean city (8mins) and Wildwood (20 mins). Rooms were nice, clean and had all the basics. We slept well. Breakfast had a good variety of pastries, eggs and waffles, pretty good for a continental breakfast. Pool was nice and clean. People at the front desk were also very nice. If you're looking for luxury then get a 4 star room but if you're staying for a short time and just need the basics, this is for you!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyNavas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here because my in-laws booked the hotel for our 2 night stay near Ocean City. My first overall impression that this was a basic motel. The grounds were taken care of. There was a nice pool in the middle.

Inside the room was a strong odor, almost a perfume smell. We thought maybe it was an air freshener or a spray used by housekeeping. The beds were clean and I did my standard bed bug check. Bug free! The bathrooms were old but they worked. I didn't feel like the room itself and rug were super clean but they were acceptable.

Overall it was an okay motel. I don't know if I'd stay here again but maybe if there was nothing else available. It's a good choice for someone looking for affordable accommodations near the shore.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank caracbeara
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We checked in August 19 and left August 21. Our first rooms, we got all unpacked went to the shore came back to take showers and the cold water didn't work because the screw on the knob was stripped. I noticed I guess the were hooks in bathroom and sinks but they were broken off. Everything else seemed to work. They did switch us to a handicapped room because I guess that's what was available. Cold water did work. Hooks were broken in that room too, and the shelf on the door of the fridge was broken off so we couldn't use the door part. The first night we slept I woke up to a bug crawling on my leg in the sheets yuck! (I hate bugs no matter how little) as I played UNO with my six year old daughter we seen 2 other bugs crawling in the floor.I'd assuming they came in from the vent and under the door, the place was just ok. The pool was cold not heated they said it was broke. Breakfast waffles were just frozen unthawed waffles to be toasted. I wouldn't go there again even though the price was decent.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Trulyloved1016
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here overnight to get a jump on our Ocean City vacation. The area seems a bit run down. The hotel is located next to a closed car dealership, and down the street from a baracaided Wendy's. It sits back from the yard on a fairly nice open spaced property. It was the cheapest hotel and very close to Ocean City. We were in Ocean City within 5 minutes. I was quite terrified to stay here after reading the bed bug reviews. I tore the sheets apart and did not find any signs of bed bugs. The room and hotel itself are quite outdated. I felt like I was on the set of Psycho or Identity. Everything appeared clean, but I was a bit hesitant to get too comfy. The staff at the front desk were friendly. The breakfast was mediocre at best. They had two types of cereal: crunch berries and raisin brand, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and some basic donuts/muffins. Based on the vibe I got while staying here and the feelin of being in such an outdated/desolate hotel, I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmora
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
2 mi away
The Crossings
The Crossings
#17 of 31 in Ocean City

Been to Oceanside Lodge? Share your experiences!