“Poor Service”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mt Horeb Rd.
Transit: Somerville, Bridgewater
Description: This is a great restaurant!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We went there on a Friday night, Feb. 15th, and there were only 5 other tables with diners. The food was very good except for the service. After being seated with our menus, it took about 15 minutes or more for the waitress to come to take our order. While waiting for her to open our bottle of wine (BYO) after 10 minutes, I decided to open it myself since I carry a wine opener. The bread did not get to our table until after receiving our appetizer. My Espresso I ordered was luke warm since I guess they had to wait for the coffee to stop brewing for the Cappuccino we also ordered. I could only imagine how much worse the service would have been if there were more patrons in the restaurant.
Joe G Bridgewater

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Very good food, inconsistent service, and sadly a snarky head waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The 4 of us had a good time together, catching up. We had excellent appetizers and entrees. The waitress was on her 2nd night and asked us to "please be kind", which slightly inappropriate, yet we understood and gave her a lot of leeway, though she wasn't quite attentive. She also needs lessons in wine bottle uncorking as I feared that her approach of pulling the cork with great stuggles over my body was a little risky if she should slip. My friend had a question about the entree he ordered. The snarky guy was annoyed that my friend inquired. During dessert, my wife's cheese cake fell over as it was bought to the table by the snarky guy, who just dismissed the sloppy mess by declaring, it "doesn't matter. it tastes the same" even though it now looked like crap. He didn't even think to bring a new slice. It really is a shame that service and Mr. Snarky, who apparently has been there for some time, makes a nice atmosphere and better than good food not worthy of a return trip ir a good recommendation.

• Visited January 2013
NJ
“Hidden Gem? Yep, one of those”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

You may drive by a few times before you find it, but once you do it's worth it. Modern Italian food done with skill and care. Tends to be on the pricey side for the portion size, but BYOB makes up for it.

CT
“great food, great service, great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Met friends at Trio's in early August for dinner. As an out of towner I didn't know much about the restaurant but I was pleasantly impressed with the variety of offerings on the menu. Our appetizers arrived hot and scrumpous. We each had a different entree and no one had a complaint. Our sampling of desserts was the perfect ending of a perfect meal. Thanks.

• Visited August 2012
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Best Italian Restaurant I think I've ever been to!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was impressed mostly by the food. Everything was cooked to perfection, portion size was generous, and the overall quality of the food was delightful.
The waitstaff are very attentive and really seem to care that you enjoy your whole experience at the restaurant.
It was nice speaking with Fred, who approached us with very friendly smile and a firm handshake, and asked how everything was. We praised him on the cuisine and service and he was very appriciative for the compliments!
I will definatly be returning to Trio in the near future!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!