“Stop and eat at this establishment”
Review of Trio of Martinsville - CLOSED

Trio of Martinsville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mt Horeb Rd.
Transit: Somerville, Bridgewater
Description: This is a great restaurant!
Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a pleasant surprise ..My girlfriend and I went to have dinner there on Saturday July 5th. They just changed owners a few months ago and re did the inside . It is a small restaurant but they decorated it very handsomely. dark blue walls with white trim and wooden floors. The food was very good tasty and well presented. I had the rack of lamb done the way I like it. the dessert was great. I had a chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream to die for and she had an orange flavored cheesecake also great. The chef and owner came out from behind the kitchen to speak with us. this place has tremendous potential...If you are looking for a really good meal come here...well worth the experience

5  Thank urbanphil
There are newer reviews for Trio of Martinsville

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We first tasted their food at a Taste of Somerset in 2012 and unfortunately it took us a year to visit there. We thought their food was the best of all of the restaurants we sampled food from and our dinner certainly beared that out. My family shared the capreses salad and eggplant dip appetizers. Both were very good. I had a special of the night, stuffed shrimp, my daughter a perfect prepared filet mignon, my other daughter had a well prepared pasta dish and my husband the grilled shrimp with risotto. All were very good indeed. We shared and enjoyed apple tarte tartin with cinnamon ice cream, molten lava chocolate cake and a tartuffo for dessert with a deicious cappuchino.

1  Thank katerachel15
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We went there on a Friday night, Feb. 15th, and there were only 5 other tables with diners. The food was very good except for the service. After being seated with our menus, it took about 15 minutes or more for the waitress to come to take our order. While waiting for her to open our bottle of wine (BYO) after 10 minutes, I decided to open it myself since I carry a wine opener. The bread did not get to our table until after receiving our appetizer. My Espresso I ordered was luke warm since I guess they had to wait for the coffee to stop brewing for the Cappuccino we also ordered. I could only imagine how much worse the service would have been if there were more patrons in the restaurant.
Joe G Bridgewater

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The 4 of us had a good time together, catching up. We had excellent appetizers and entrees. The waitress was on her 2nd night and asked us to "please be kind", which slightly inappropriate, yet we understood and gave her a lot of leeway, though she wasn't quite attentive. She also needs lessons in wine bottle uncorking as I feared that her approach of pulling the cork with great stuggles over my body was a little risky if she should slip. My friend had a question about the entree he ordered. The snarky guy was annoyed that my friend inquired. During dessert, my wife's cheese cake fell over as it was bought to the table by the snarky guy, who just dismissed the sloppy mess by declaring, it "doesn't matter. it tastes the same" even though it now looked like crap. He didn't even think to bring a new slice. It really is a shame that service and Mr. Snarky, who apparently has been there for some time, makes a nice atmosphere and better than good food not worthy of a return trip ir a good recommendation.

Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

You may drive by a few times before you find it, but once you do it's worth it. Modern Italian food done with skill and care. Tends to be on the pricey side for the portion size, but BYOB makes up for it.