“Great BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

This is eating! Rack of Ribs ($22) was incredible. Meat was plentiful, and was not at all fatty. Ribs were moist and the sauce was the best I ever had. Fried chicken was crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. Long drive to get there but worth every mile!

• Visited April 2013

Merchantville, New Jersey
“Best Texas beef brisket barbecue in the East”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

If you know and understand quality Texas beef brisket barbecue, then you will concur with me that this place is the highest quality of such brisket in the East. In the summer months I prepare it myself in a smoker, etc. The brisket here far surpasses anything I have ever personally prepared and everything I have ever tasted in the East. I had a brisket sandwich ($8) and every part of it, the roll, the meat and the sauce, was fantastic.

The place is at the intersection of US Route 322 (Black Horse Pike) and NJ Route 54. It is a common older roadside building with two smokers out front. Very casual. Clean. Waitress service or take out. Extensive menu of BBQ food.

The place has been open about three years. I pass by it frequently in the summer months and have stopped there once or twice. In the past, ribs were the main thing on the menu. Today was the first time in my experience they had brisket. I will find an excuse to go by this place again and savor what they sell. I recommend you try it.

• Visited December 2012
Brooklawn, New Jersey
“The Buffet is out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I NEVER review places but I'v been there three times and must say the buffet is Delicious. All the food tastes home made and flavorful. The "corn pudding" is awesome and a must try item. The Brisket platter is also fantastic. I'v never had the ribs, but the pork, chicken, brisket, fish, meatloaf and wing are way above average. The brisket is the best I have ever had. They have fresh fruit, which is actually fresh cut up fruit (not that canned, or frozen cut up fruit). Friendly staff and the owner is very personable.

• Visited November 2012
Pennsauken, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dry ribs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was my first time at Henri's. A few friends said to try it because the ribs were good. Well I tired the ribs and they were dry. The sauce was wet. The collard greens were without flavor and they were dry. The Mac and cheese was cooked. That is all I can say about that. The meat did not fall off the bone, in fact the meat held on for dear life. I have eaten at Uncle Dewey's and the ribs are moist and the meat falls the bone. The wait staff is friendly at Henri's but the place needs to put A/C in. Very hot to eat inside the place.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Anthony L
Hammonton, NJ
“Great BBQ best in the area. People and food are the BEST !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stopped by last Sunday on the advice of a friend. Very impressed with the food and service. A small place with a small staff but BIG taste. The best BBQ beef brisket I've ever tasted.

• Visited May 2012