“Fun happy hour atmosphere!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Inn at Sugar Hill
The Inn at Sugar Hill
Ranked #1 of 2 Mays Landing B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fun happy hour atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying with a friend in Mays Landing and popped in for happy hour! Fun crowd and fun staff that night! Loved Katie the bartender! She was great! Enjoyed our cocktails and snacks. The bar area and dining rooms were beautiful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Medford, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I were married at the Inn in 2007, which was a great experience, we hadn't been there since, so we decided to drive almost an hour last night for dinner...I cannot express the perfection of this meal...I started with a much needed French vanilla martini...my husband had the filet mignon and crab cake and I had the flounder stuffed with crab imperial. The sides were all excellent, especially the homemade stewed tomatoes and round-cut red potatoes. the warm bread and homemade crackers with sesame and poppy seeds was also amazing! For dessert my husband had the house dessert which is a puff pastry filled with an incredible vanilla mousse and I had the cannoli, which had the best filling I have ever had! The atmosphere is warm and inviting and very clean! There were also many people enjoying themselves conversing around the bar area but it was very cozy and not noisy at all...Our waitress was friendly and attentive and everyone was welcoming...the young bus boy kept our water glasses full...I would love to spend a night at the Inn in the near future and experience breakfast...their chef is excellent...My only disappointment is that we waited so long to go back...we will make it a regular stop on our list of favorite restaurants!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This one was hard to rate. On one hand, it may be the best choice of all the accomodations in the area.......we had an event to attend about 20 mins. From there and this seemed to be the best lodgings to be had. The Senator Suite was spacious, it was great having a private back deck to ourselves. And although we did not need a private kitchen, it is nice to have that convenience. On the other hand, we have stayed at many B&B's across the country and this was the least luxurious. It is rustic, the bathroom is small and badly needs updating. the bed squeaked and was not too comfortable. There were only lace curtains and therefore no way to keep the morning sun from awakening us at 6 a.m. worst was not having a thermostat to control room temperature. the owner stays in the room nest door and he kept the A.C. Freezing at night ( finally had to have him disturbed to get another blanket) but during daytime hours the next day there was NO air on, and we broiled. We were out both nights of our visit until a fairly late hour so we didn't mind the late night music and noise from the bar at the dock, but that might be an issue for other guests hoping for a quiet place to stay. There is no room phone, the linens and towels are somewhat cheap and threadbare. The place did seem to be cleaned well, but absolutely no nice little touches we have come to expect from nice B&B's. In other words, just not that comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank LRK
atlantic city nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We have dined here many times, but our last visit was not the dining experience we expected. Even though we thought it would be a slow night, reservations were made in advance. When we arrived on time, the hostess informed us a table was not yet ready, it would be a few minutes. We were given the choice of waiting in the lobby or going to the bar for a cocktail. We opted for the bar where there were about six adults enjoying drinks. I ordered a vodka martini. The bartender made the drink and then shook it like crazy. I mentioned that most bartenders will tell you a clear liquor should be stirred, not shaken. She told me that she had to shake it because she didn't have a spoon long enough to stir a drink. Would it bust the budget to buy a long handled spoon? After a few minutes we were informed that our table was ready. There were two other people in the dining room and they couldn't have a table ready on time? Appitizers were oyster stew which had a nice broth but not many oysters. Clams casino had a nice mix of onions, peppers and bacon stuffing, however a few of the clams had a very strong taste. They weren't fresh. The seafood dinner had good stuffed shrimp. The day scallops were over cooked and rubbery. The Brazilian lobster tail looked nice, but it was the mushiest, worst lobster tail I have ever eaten. It's time to get Maine lobsters and forget the warm water ones. Desserts were good. The highlight of the evening. Coffee and tea were "there". I expect something better than a Lipton tea bag in a fine dining establishment. Coffee was just OK. Service was average, not nearly as good as Seaview or Ram's Head. We'll go to one of them next time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was calling to schedule a tour for my sister who was interested in their venue for a wedding reception. On their website they say that for a fee, they will shut down in the evening to accomodate a larger party. However when I called, they kept talking about how hard and put out they would be if we opted to have a night wedding- even though I stated that there would be no problem covering the additional site fee to help them make up any lose revenue. I said that I would be more then happy to tour and that price would not be an object, but not if it was too hard for them- and they said "Lets not do it" and HUNG UP on me. I cannot believe how rude they were on the phone- THEY ARE THE ONES WHO STATE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT NIGHT PARTIES ARE AN OPTION! If you don't want people to use your sight in the evening, DONT LIST IT AS AN OPTION. I can only imagine how they treat guests that are not offering to cover large overhead costs.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Northfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

The food was exceptional. We loved the Lamb lollipop and lobster ravioli appetizers and could have made a meal out of them. The atmosphere was very quaint and the tables were nicely spaced apart from each other. Our server seemed a little off her game but others filled in for her which helped. Overall we were very pleased and will definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Lebanon, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

You can see my review of the restaurant. We had a room on third floor. Spacious, nice bathroom. A very nice B&B room. Only draw back was a bit of road noise. Breakfast was excellent. Owner/chef greeted us by name in morning with fresh fruit, pastries he had just bought from town's french bakery. This followed by... whatever you want. I had spinach and goat cheese egg souffle - very good. Lady had a good omelet. Excellent breakfast. Excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Morgan2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mays Landing
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Atrium Inn
Atrium Inn
#5 of 18 in Galloway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to The Inn at Sugar Hill? Share your experiences!