“Excellent Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family and I go to Tarantella's restaurant every year for my birthday and for my daughter's birthday. We even celebrated our kids school graduations there. Their food is delicious. The best italian food in the area. Portions are large (enough for left overs!). The staff is friendly.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

It has been several years since we visited Tarantella. Our foodie adventures seem to always take us to Collingswood or Philly so we sort of forgot about our local gem Tarantella. The food is basic Italian food but really very, very good. The wait staff are friendly and Sal, the owner, makes you feel like you're having dinner in his home. Tarantella should be a regular stop for anyone in this part of South Jersey, where the choices are very limited. We will add it back to our regular rotation and bring our friends. Thank you Sal for a very nice evening!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I tend to only do vacation reviews or an occasional bad local experience, but I feel guilty for not reviewing my favorite Italian go-to restaurant! I've been here at least 25 times over the years and it never gets old. Sure the decor is cheesy and dated, but it's all about the food and service. Several of the servers are very friendly and attentive and even the staff helping clear the tables are efficient and helpful.

As far as the food, you can not go wrong! Even though it's all tasty, try not to fill up on the garlic knots, bruschetta and salad early on because the entrees are MASSIVE! I'm a "meaty" girl and I can only eat about 1/3 of what they give me. I've had several dishes here and some of my favorites are the pasta tarantella (with tortellini), chicken parm (the best I've had), eggplant parm, chicken francaise, seafood ravioli, frutti di mare and really...everything! YUM I want to go there now!

Also, I've attending two events here - a bridal shower and a company party and both events were huge hits and handled very well. Do not leave the Medford area without going here!

1  Thank MrsSmarts
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Beautiful night. We had the private room- lovely set up. Great food was served out to the tables. The service was so nice and they want everyone happy- i am a vegan and they where serving the party buffet style- and they made me my own custom vegan dinner-which was delish by the way! When i place respects peoples diet choices and is happy to please-that says alot!!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This was usually our go to tradition for Christmas eve family dinner and the food never disappointed. Their large family hot antipasto is a crowd pleaser as is their delicious pasta dishes. Just wish they could figure out a way to accommodate the waiting families in their very small vestibule. Even with a reservation the wait can be upwards of a half hour or more and its cold waiting out there in Dec.