“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had a great stay here, the service was unsurpassed, I did not have a channel guide in my room and before I could hang up the phone and get to the door staff was knocking at door with one. The Salt water pool was Superior. The rooms were clean. I could not ask for anything more for the price!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven T
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your experience. We work very hard every day to provide the quality of service travelers expect and I am pleased we exceeded your expectations during your last stay. We look forward to being your preferred hotel when you are visiting our area in Monmouth County. Have a wonderful summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Finding a decent hotel on a budget in Mid-north Jersey is a trick - a trick I haven't yet learned. This hotel provides a clean, quiet room with decent internet access. The "quiet" part depends on who's living next door. Road noise from Hwy 35 is adequately muffled, but sound insulation between rooms is sub-par.

Bed is on the low end of "fair" for comfort.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have high ceilings. Noise from above is limited to the pitter-pat of heavy rain...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIGSMGR, Manager at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you for recently staying with us. I wish I had some foolproof tricks to share with you on how to snag a great hotel at a low price in New Jersey. The state of New Jersey is very unique when compared to other states. Each part of New Jersey offers different activities during different parts of the year and this is what dicates pricing structures.

For example: along the Jersey shore like where we are located (Sandy Hook in Monmouth County to Cape May in Cape May County) hotels are higher priced during the warmer summer months and on the weekends most especially, but better prices can be found during the winter months since no one is really heading out to the beach in January.

Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Middlesex) are higher priced on weekdays because of the corporate travel and proximity to New York City and less expense on weekends.

Northwestern New Jersey (Warren, Sussex, Hunterdon counties) is where the ski resorts and mountains are, they are higher priced during the winter months because people are visiting there for recreational outdoor winter activities.

Southwestern New Jersey (Camden, Gloucester and Salem) runs the same as Northern New Jersey because of the corporate travel and proximity to Philadelphia

I hope you find this helpful when planning your future trips to New Jersey. I hope you will return to us in the future and I hope you will find our hotel to be just as clean and well cared for as you did on this trip. Thank you kindly for posting your review of us on tripadvisor!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here the night before the New Jersey Marathon in Long Branch. Nice front desk, clean room. Deducted room safe charge on checkout upon request. Started serving breakfast (cereal, muffins, the usual) at 5:30 am. Convenient to Red Bank, where we had Italian food the night before the marathon. Also not too far from a Costco, up north a few miles on Route 35.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hushaphone
CIGSMGR, Manager at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Thank you for recently staying at the Comfort Inn of Middletown. We have been a popular location over the years for the marathon runners. We start our breakfast earlier than normal that weekend because we know our guests need to be ready to go bright and early on race day. I am happy to hear you have a pleasant stay with us and thank you for recognizing our efforts to provide clean rooms and friendly staff. I look forward to being your hotel choice next year, remember, you are always welcome to visit us whenever you choose!
philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

First the nightly rate was $127 plus taxes. this hotel should have went for about $59 a night. The hotel smelled, The fitness centre is a joke 1 broken treadmill and a beat up bike, also a universal machine with missing pieces.Oh yes there is a few towels laying in there and that is it. The game is worst a couple of run down machines. There is a out door pool. The rooms are OK except you can hear everything in the next room. The staff is friendly although the older gentleman made a sexual joke to my 80 year old aunt. The breakfast was all right for free you would not go there if it was a restaurant. The young lady was working very hard to kept the food stock and the place clean. it just was not worth the money. it was a busy weekend up in that area and we booked late so we got stuck there. Go some where else. There is and Outback right in the parking lot which is a nice feature.

Room Tip: Elevators are in the front of the hotel you may want to consider that if steps are a problem or walk...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry to hear about your disappointing stay at our hotel. I am also sorry to hear you felt stuck with us. We work hard every day to maintain a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. To the best of my knowledge all the fitness room's equipment are in working order and all appropriate parts are accounted for. Our complimentary hot breakfast is an ammenity available to our guests so they can get a head start on the day. It is conveniently located in our hotel so our guests do not need to leave the property, if they so choose, to get something to eat. Since all hotels are configured differently, we rely on our guests to let us know if they require something specific such as a first floor room or a room near an elevator, etc and we do our best to meet that request. We certainly do not want to have an unhappy guest and I am sorry you were unhappy.
West Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Business took me to Middletown, NJ so I returned to this Comfort Inn. Very friendly front desk staff, which is always a nice surprise in Jersey. Room was compact, but clean and had everything I care about. It was quiet, the HVAC system worked at a constant speed (to provide white noise) and did what I asked. Shower was warm enough.

My only complaint was that the free internet put constant pop-ups on my screen. I have my computer set to block pop-ups, but the free wireless somehow over-rode this.

Room Tip: All rooms off the main road. One side fronts onto a noisy commercial establishment, so pick the oth...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Fort Lewis, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

The room was clean, customer service was excellent, and there was nothing broken or needing maintenance (the simple things that keep me happy). Housekeeping was perfect, breakfast was pretty standard, and the pool was outside so closed at this time of the year (the only disappointment honestly). We stayed for 5 days, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed one night in a room with 1 king bed. The room was very large with nice amenities (flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, nice sized bathroom, two bottles water). The smells were another story. The lobby smelled of smoke when I went to check in (this was gone when I went to check out - replaced by good breakfast smells). The entryway and hallway near our room had a different smell, maybe kind of a damp/old hotel smell. Our room had yet another odor, some kind of sickie-sweet glade-plug-in-type aroma, although the smell persisted even after I unplugged the glade thing I found in the bathroom. It was not masking smoke -- I would have smelled that -- but maybe used to cover any potential lingering animal smells (? I didn't smell those either, just the annoying glade smell). I know the hotel allows dogs, as we have stayed here multiple times in the past and have brought our dogs with us. We have never had a problem in the many times that we have stayed here, and I don't remember any issues with smells before.

The view out the window of the pool area was very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
BEST WESTERN Hazlet Inn
#2 of 3 in Hazlet
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands

Been to Comfort Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!