“Nice hotel, comfortable but too expensive !!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Middletown

Comfort Inn Middletown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Nice hotel, comfortable but too expensive !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This is a nice Comfort Inn hotel...

I think it's a little too expensive though...

I got a nice small queen bed room... The room was equipped with flat screen tv, fridge and microwave...

The bed was comfortable but the wifi Internet was ok but not great :-(

Breakfast area was very nice offering hot items as well as basic oatmeal, cereal, fruits and pastries...

They should buy a few more carts since they only had one and it was hard to get it with all the guests...

Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank benoitleblanc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I recently spent a few weeks working in New Jersey. This hotel was the only vacant place in the area due to Hurricane Sandy. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean but the carpets could use a good cleaning. Very dusty around edges and corners. I'm not a smoker but the only room available was a smoking room. The walls are terribly stained with smoke and the smell was horrible!!!
The breakfast was the typical for this type of hotel. Dining area was clean and breakfast bar was kept well stocked. Coffee was always fresh and hot!
It was kind of hit and miss with the staff working the front desk. The ladies working in the early mornings were very kind, cheerful and helpful but I found a couple of the staff (mgmt. type) that worked during the day to always be unpleasant and cranky.

Room Tip: I was in a downstairs room but never heard any noise from overhead!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel. Nice tv, fridge, microwave. Bath was decent, room was nice size. Back balconys were nice and Outback Steakhouse is right next door.
Sheets were clean.
Water in vending machine is $1.75
Room seamed clean, nothing fancy.
Wifi doesn't work real well, fades in and out.

• Stayed February 2013
Crescent City, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting relatives who live about 4 miles away and recommended this hotel. We are Choice Hotel members so we were glad this was the hotel near them.
The 2 queen bed room was large and comfortable. There was a sliding door leading to the patio to the pool, which we used one afternoon. Very quiet nights, hot breakfast with lots of choices.
Decent cost, convenient parking.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for the room near the second entrance.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Southampton, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this motel due to its convenient location. The staff is friendly; we and the desk clerk are on a first-name basis. The room is decent, serves our basic needs; bathroom has both a bathtub and shower. While different settings were shown on the shower head, I was unable to adjust it. The heating/cooling unit lacks a thermostat, so in cold weather, if you want heat, the place can turn into a sauna after about 15 minutes; in hot weather, the room can turn into a large walk-in fridge if you leave the AC on after about 20 minutes. The bed was fairly comfortable. My biggest complaint? The rates, which I consider a bit steep even for this particular area, and for the type of property this is -- clean, basic, nothing terribly fancy, with a view of the parking lot. This CI does offer a full breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Kissimmee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I join with others in complementing this staff. They were super warm and friendly. The "family experience away from home." That being said, I cannot give it a four because, My room was next to a guest who ran the bathroom shower every morning 10 to 15 minutes and the pipes being so close to the bedroom side, that was it! Sleep time over! My room was clean, the corridors and stairwells were nice and clean each and every day, so that was also a plus, and what one would expect.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
York, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Well, I worked a thirteen hour day with a three hundred mile drive at the end only end up here. My company uses a travel agency who booked the room and has assured me they booked a non-smoking room. They told me that some hotels lie about the non-smoking when they are booked up. Anyway, I got the last room and it smells like an ashtray. The hallways smells like dirty underwear. The sheets and pillow cases are stained and I am pretty sure there was a pubic hair in the bed! Since I got here after 4 PM I'm on the hook. I am sleeping with the patio door open and the heat on full blast. I will be sleeping in my clothes on top of the sheets and keeping my clothes in the bag until morning..... This will be on our company's DO NOT BOOK list. No big deal really, we only have sixteen thousand workers that can find someplace better.

Room Tip: Get on this web site and read the bad reviews first. I can assure you they are accurate. The good...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CIGSMGR, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your candid review. The discrepancies you highlighted are not the typical fashion in which we keep our hotel rooms nor our hotel's public space. We are so terribly sorry you experienced so many flaws during your overnight stay.

We are truly sorry your preferred sleeping arrangements were not reserved by your travel department as you expected. We are also sorry that since the hotel was sold out we did not have the option of moving you to another guest room when you learned the arrangements booked were in smoking.

We would have done anything to make your stay enjoyable.

We also took the extra step of contacting your travel department to ensure that there were no translation errors when rooms were being booked at our hotel. We confirmed the computer systems were communicating correctly and the reservations were coming over exactly as booked by them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
BEST WESTERN Hazlet Inn
#2 of 3 in Hazlet
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands

Been to Comfort Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!