“Great hotel - only place i'd consider in the area”

Comfort Inn Middletown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We're from Lancaster PA and were going to a concert at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank NJ. We discovered all the accommodations in Red Bank were way too pricey for "just a place to sleep for the night".

Being a Choice Hotel chain regular customer, we found the Middletown Comfort Inn through their website.

What a great place! The people couldn't be nicer or more accommodating and helpful. We asked directions to the theatre and they even printed out a lot of helpful info. The coffee was always fresh & delicious, and things were clean and in order.

The adjacent Outback was very handy.

I would definitely stay there again.

Oh, and when we checked out, we just mentioned we might like to at least walk on a beach briefly, and again, lots of good advice and directions.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Minglew00d, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

The Count Basie Theatre has great shows all year round. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and comments, it greatly appreciated. ~Barb Youchah

Reviewed 20 February 2010

My husband and I live in Pennsylvania - but our favorite Beach is by far Sandy Hook, Atlantic Highlands NJ. When we drive there - we usually don't feel like driving home so we found the Comfort Inn in Middletown. We love it. The staff is friendly and accomodating, the rooms are immaculate AND there is an Outback Steakhouse right next door...that's a bonus!!!

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorihoffman
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Disclaimer: I have not ever stayed at this Comfort Inn, but did tour it and chose it a hotel option for our wedding in the summer of '09.
We needed a moderately-priced hotel for our guests at our wedding in the Highlands. The hotel looked good and comparable to others in the area, and the pool was a great selling point. My initial interaction with one of the managers (a man), was not that great, customer service-wise. He didn't believe me when I said we'd need more than 10 rooms blocked, even after I said that 100 of our 125 guests would be traveling for the wedding. The problem was that he wouldn't guarantee that they'd open a second block of rooms after the first 10 filled up. Certainly hotel managers have experience with this sort of thing, but he could have found a more tactful way of expressing it; he came across as a know-it-all and spoke down to me; even if you think the customer is clueless, don't make it so obvious. But thankfully, my then-fiance spoke to another manager (Tracy, I think), who confirmed they would release a new block of rooms - which they did, and which was filled, as I originally suspected.
From then on, the Comfort Inn staff (we dealt with all women) were responsive whenever we called for an update; they were wonderful when we dropped off the many, many hotel/welcome bags, telling us not to worry about it (so I didn't!). They were great with the two large buses we had booked; they had the schedule on the front desk to remind our guests. They even sent my husband a card when he graduated from grad school! So thoughtful.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Stayed here August 14 to see a concert at PNC Bank Arts Center (about 20 min away). This was a nice motel – as expected for a Comfort Inn - comfortable beds, nice-size room, refrigerator. Friendly staff. The landscaping around the property is beautiful, especially around the pool area. Complimentary breakfast was sufficient with Danish, muffins, freshmade waffles, yogurt, fruit. There is an Outback Restaurant right next door for a nice dinner. Would highly recommend as a place to stay near the PNC Center.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The hotel is OK for one night in a bind. The room was clean and weird. The ceiling reminded me of a 70's ski chalet look. Bed was hard and OK. Lamp was broke and I hurt my finger which I told the Manager and he seemed not to care. The first woman I spoke to was nice but he chimed in and was abrupt which prompted me to write this, He said that he would look in to it .... .still waiting. The food taste sour at breakfast and is filled with packaged danish and muffins. If you like spunkmeyer this is good. The hall way was ghetto and smelly and moldy. Told this to the manager and he said that they just washed the rugs, Interesting. Aside from the yellow glob on the bath tub that was stuck on the room was clean so that was a plus. The lobby is small and there is no indoor pool. For the money they charge go some where else as this was a comfort inn without comfort.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank chefIrene
pappasdude, manager at Comfort Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

The manager who was at the desk does very much care. The lights in the guest rooms are all activated by using a light switch - One located at the door when you first walk in and the others are located by the beds. The continental breakfast offered at the hotel does include some items that are prepackaged, but it is for sanitary purposes as well as convenience for guests on the run. We have a very aggressive cleaning schedule for all public areas including carpet cleaning. Unfortunately our area is quite humid during the summer months and because of the humidity it does interfere with the scent. Yes it is true our hotel does not offer an indoor pool, but our outdoor pool is very well maintained and quite peaceful. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our hotel. I see that you had tried another hotel, also in this area, that you weren't pleased with and I hope during your future visits to this area you will find a hotel that makes you happy.

Reviewed 23 May 2009

stayed one night in king room on second floor. room was very quiet, reasonably clean, some aspects of room are worn, but what you would expect for comfort inn. my internet cable did not work and i had to call the service provider who confirmed it was equipment failure. there was only one person working hotel at front desk, but someone else showed up in about 15 minutes with a new cable which fixed the problem. it's not the hyatt or hilton, and the price was somewhat high for a comfort inn, but it was the closest place to where i needed to be. the outback steakhouse next door is convenient.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank mybusinesstraveller2
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Stayed at the Comfort Inn last night for my daughter's graduation at the PNC this morning. We were looking for something clean,quiet with a continental breakfast. I requested two queen beds,which were clean and ready to use when we arrived at 11pm. We forgot our toothbrushes, but the wonderful night attendant ( Ellen) was nice enough to provide us with some. The hotel was very clean, loved the screen door going out into the back. Didn't get a chance to use the pool. The continental breakfast was great!!..Cereal,coffee,waffle maker,danish, etc. everything you need to have a great breakfast. Opens at 6 am!...
2 things I didn't like- the location. There's not much to do around the area, there is an Outback Steakhouse next door ( pretty good, clean). The other was the Internet,all rooms have high speed Internet but unfortunately it's not wireless.
Other than that wonderful one night stay!

PS: Be sure to know your license plate number if you're coming in a car, they request it upon check-in!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsM0918
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Comfort Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!