“Class Act!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Chestnut Hill on the Delaware
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our hosts, Linda and Rob thought of everything-beautifully decorated room, comfortable bed and gorgeous view overlooking the Delaware River. The whole house is charming, but we were especially intrigued by all the Milford collectibles. My husband grew up in Milford and visited the very same house many years ago and now has seen the beautiful transformation into a class act. We were there for a family reunion and usually stay with relatives, but will certainly return again and enjoy their wonderful accommodations and breakfasts and reminisce a bit of Milford's by gone days.

Room Tip: "Summer Morning" was awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Helga Z

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice for our anniversary getaway weekend and will return! We stay in the paradise suite. Linda's attention to detail and special little touches make us feel welcomed. The view is amazing, the room is amazing, the food is amazing! There are many things to do close by, such as ride bike on the canal path, shop in specialty shops (Bill Mitchell guitars), visit wineries (our fav is Villa Milagro), ringing rocks etc... Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbfarraday
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Not only is the area full of history, but the owners and the surroundings are beautiful! The breakfast is delicious and the room was delightful and so comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the surrounding restaurants and area and had a delightful visit - several times!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Sunday night in March. The town and b&b were quiet but that was the plan. We stayed in the guest house next door and had most of the 1st floor to ourselves. Living room, stocked kitchen, bedroom and bathroom -- all clean, nicely decorated and a very warm feeling. Nothing bad to say as long as you don't have anything against carousel horses.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I did a ton of research online, looking for the very first B&B I'd ever stay at, and the positive reviews and the amenities steered me to Chestnut Hill. I'm so pleased they did! The house is lovely, the rooms are sumptuous, the setting is idyllic, and the hosts, Rob and Linda, are as charming, helpful, and friendly as anyone might wish. Linda's breakfasts are spectacular, and she pays close attention to food preferences and sensitivities. She and Rob offer a store of great advice for day trips, restaurants, shopping--even what routes are the most scenic to take from one place to another.

I can't imagine a better experience, and I recommend Chestnut Hill whole-heartedly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I had never been to Chestnt Hill, but after staying at B&Bs in Cape May and the Brandywine Valley, we wanted to try someting different. Luckily, we settled on CH. The Inn is wonderfully mantained and decorated, in a charming small town with fantastic river views.
Rob and Linda are the perfect hosts, able to steer you towards the right place to eat or visit without being intrusive. They are very nice people whose passion for their establishment and their guests' satisfaction shows.
The rooms are fantasitc, and one immediately gains that sense of serenity you hope for. Next time, a picnic on the river deck for us is a given, or perhaps early moring coffee and pastries there, from the quaint bakery across main street.
When leaving, I asked if there was a TV in the room. There was (in a built-in cabinet), but I never even considered turing it on....
Matt

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We have stayed at Chestnut Hill on the Delaware many times and it just keeps getting better. This visit we were joined by 4 of our friends.
Linda and Rob are the best hosts. They do everything possible to help their guests. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The breakfasts are fantastic. We especially love sitting on the front porch in the comfortable rocking chairs and looking out at the Delaware. Special thanks to Rob for taking us out on the pontoon boat. The ride was enjoyable and we really loved Rob’s discussion of the history of the river.
We plan on returning to this wonderful bed and breakfast as often as possible. It is the best!

Eileen and Mike

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ebeard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
The Lafayette Inn
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Chestnut Hill on the Delaware? Share your experiences!