“Nice alternative to Broadway”

Paper Mill Playhouse
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Millburn
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been going to The Paper Mill since I was a kid. Most of their productions are terrific and as good as any on Broadway. The theater has comfortable seats and great sightlines. They also have great family oriented productions.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great theater, I love Broadways shows in New Jersey. Have a subscription and enjoy knowing I going to see a first rate productions. We saw Newsies before it went to Broadway.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went here with my boyfriend to see The Other Josh Cohen last weekend. We had been given free tickets from a friend and they were very nice when I emailed about them and picked the tickets up. The place is easy to find and parking in the adjacent lot was $8 for an evening show (cheaper during the week or during the day, I think). The inside of the theater is gorgeous and feels very upscale. There are food and drink for sale, but I knew it would be expensive so I didn't even check how much. The bathrooms have attendants and there is a very pretty chandelier. We sat on the left orchestra and could see everything very well. Before the show, we wandered around upstairs and were pleasant surprised to find a little museum-like retrospective of the Playhouse's 75 years. It was very comprehensive, interesting, and filled with facts and photographs. My boyfriend also pointed out at some point that every single person there was white and almost all of them were old. It was certainly understandable for Millburn, but still jarring to realize. I would definitely go back if I had the money or more free tickets! The show itself was very professionally done and fun to watch.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I love Broadway shows on Broadway! That being said, I find going to the Paper mill Playhouse a lovely experience! The whole ambiance of going to this beautiful little gem of a theatre is like going to a wonderful "summer stock" show. We saw "The Other Josh Cohen" this past Sunday and last year I saw a wonderful production of the "Sound of Music".Prices are so reasonable compared to going into NYC for a show!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Top quality shows, actors, music, and theater. I highly recommend seeing shows here. Many of the shows and actors actually do go to Broadway eventually.

It's a lot more convenient than having to commute to the city to see a great show.

Pricey, but worth it.