“Diamond in the rough”

Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have seen several shows in the last few years at the Papermill. Every show has been wonderful and skillfully done.
There sink anything bad to say about this place. It is small with not a bad seat in the house and offers broadway quality entertainment for less then half the cost. What more could you ask for?

Visited May 2014

West Orange
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A wonderful theater in Suburban Essex”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A convenient alternative to NYC. Parking on site, comfortable seating, and some quality productions make this local gem a great value.

Visited April 2014
Millburn, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice alternative to Broadway”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been going to The Paper Mill since I was a kid. Most of their productions are terrific and as good as any on Broadway. The theater has comfortable seats and great sightlines. They also have great family oriented productions.

Visited March 2014
New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fabulous Theater Great Value”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great theater, I love Broadways shows in New Jersey. Have a subscription and enjoy knowing I going to see a first rate productions. We saw Newsies before it went to Broadway.

Visited February 2014
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Very nice, professional, expensive theater”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went here with my boyfriend to see The Other Josh Cohen last weekend. We had been given free tickets from a friend and they were very nice when I emailed about them and picked the tickets up. The place is easy to find and parking in the adjacent lot was $8 for an evening show (cheaper during the week or during the day, I think). The inside of the theater is gorgeous and feels very upscale. There are food and drink for sale, but I knew it would be expensive so I didn't even check how much. The bathrooms have attendants and there is a very pretty chandelier. We sat on the left orchestra and could see everything very well. Before the show, we wandered around upstairs and were pleasant surprised to find a little museum-like retrospective of the Playhouse's 75 years. It was very comprehensive, interesting, and filled with facts and photographs. My boyfriend also pointed out at some point that every single person there was white and almost all of them were old. It was certainly understandable for Millburn, but still jarring to realize. I would definitely go back if I had the money or more free tickets! The show itself was very professionally done and fun to watch.

Visited March 2014