“Relatives”

Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millville
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed at this Inn x2 The first time was great and food not bad so my grandkids had a good time. The next time was not so nice. The juice in the dinning room was broken so what was so hard to put juice in a pitcher as the juice had to be put in the juicer or container anyway.. I don`t think the staff even cared.
The room was ok clean but really needs some upgrade like the carpet,etc.
Marge and will be not staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MargeMartin
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Hello Marge,

I'm sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had. I can understand how that would be frustrating.

We appreciate your comments and I will be sure to forward them to management so that they can make the necessary improvements to remedy the situation.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. You can reach me at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com. Thank you for your review!

Regards,

Maurice

Reviewed 29 November 2012

we stayed here for 3 days in november 2012 for a wedding,,,whilst at the wedding one of the staff members or an accomplace stole $250 dollars from my hotel room!!...(room 215)..apart from this incident the hotel was fine ,not brilliant but fine....just to elaborate the cash was well hidden in a drawer inside an envelope inside a newspaper under some underwear(believe me most people would avoid my underwear..lol)....we had a wonderful time at the wedding but when we returned to the room the money had gone...i usually use a safe but as there wasnt one in the room i split my holiday cash between my wallet and what i consider a hiding place.....i have persued this with the hotel who are (maybe understandably)in denial about it and are saying that when i signed in i more or less agreed that the hotel wouldnt be responsible....i have persued this with the carlson group who basically say "unlucky"and offer no help...i am a very honest christian person and there is no other explanation than a premeditated theft abusing a guest whilst away at a wedding,,,whether this is a regular scam i dont know but the only thing i can do is warn others,,,dont stay here unless you absolutely have to and be aware that the staff in this hotel are very very very very suspect

Room Tip: consider your trip donating money to those less well off
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jasonrichardson88
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to post this review. We would like to discuss your stay with you further. Please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com ~Dana

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The Hotel was very dirty, the rugs were so dirty i was terrified to put my feet on them without shoes on. So was the bathtub. Even the curtains were filthy. TV wasn't working, Cleaning staff had dirty uniforms on. I immediately complained to the Manager who was very rude and refused to help or try to change us to another room. My friend was tired and tried to lie down only to get bit by something. I couldn't take it anymore and left.

Room Tip: Do not use Hotwire, they will put you in places like this at times then refuse to help you. BUYER BE...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

We are very sorry about the experience you had at our hotel. We do understand how upsetting this stay was for you. We take your comments very seriously and will use your review for training our staff. Thank you for taking the time to post it .

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I've stayed here before, it's usally an OK property, but this time I had a roach in my room, very uncomfortable beds. couldnt even get toothpaste. Not sure if I will stay here again, will probably go to the Holiday Inn Express in Vineland instead.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kcorson
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and will use your review to help improve our service and standards.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Good concept but poorly executed.
Staff was "decent" but had a I don't give a #$@! attitude. Room had dead insects all over the floor. My wife and I played a little trick to see if the staff could keep in step. We poured some coffee into the bathroom sink to see if it was taken care of during the day. We returned and found same stains, same insect bits and the beds made.
Their comp breakfast, go to your local McDonalds or 7-11 instead. It was sub standard.
We did meet some really nice people staying there but we all agreed. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you ever need to travel to Millville, NJ ... stay in Vineland a few miles away.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rbitner2016
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on your experience at our hotel. We are disappointed to hear of the lack of service from our staff. We apologize we did not meet your expectations, we are currently taking the necessary measure to improve our property and adhere to the standards of Country Inns & Suites. We hope you get the chance to visit us again in the near future so we can get the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I found it to be a nice quiet homey place to stay. I didn't try the breakfast so I have no opinion but I would go back to stay again when I am in that area. also...Millville Queen Diner.....great place to go if you like diner (I sure do) reasonably priced, plentiful platefuls.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cookiesgirl1
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but it was clean and nice. I stayed here because it was very close to NJMP. The air conditioner in our room was an older unit and it was loud when it ran.

The people made up the difference though. All the staff that I met were very happy and friendly. Even though the sign said the breakfast was at 7:00AM on weekends it was ready at 6:00AM and the lady who ran it was very nice. They know that their clientele was mostly racers and wake up early and they accommodated them which is nice of them to do!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RacerDad0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Millville? Share your experiences!