“DONT STAY HERE!!!”

Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millville
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This place needs a BETTER Front Desk Staff, I work at 2 hotels and have been for years. This was my vacation so I tried to stay away from the Hotel World for a day. I was extremely upset about the check in process, it took more than 20 minutes for the lady to check us in. you have unknowledgeable staff at the desk, there’s 3 people there and it took over 20 minutes. Donna screwed up my stay as I called in to conform it and also asked for an email conformation, like I said before I work at a hotel so I know the process. I work at a Radisson which is also part of Carlson. The pool was not clean at all dead bugs in the water, drinks were left outside. I checked in about 9pm NO manager was available, and the Indian lady at the desk gave attitude, when like I said before I work in this industry so I know what I am doing. NEVER again will I stay here and I will write a review on Trip Advisor and Foursquare also. The staff told us on the phone that Atlantic City was 30 to 45 minutes away it was OVER an hour to get there. Now I know I would get in big trouble and can get terminated on spot for doing such a thing like this. I stay at many hotels due to my points; your hotel was by far the WORST. I’ve stayed in Comfort Inns with better service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Please keep in mind that Radisson and Country Inns are two very different chains. Radisson hotels are known as a full service hotel , which requires more staff and Country Inns is not so they have less staff in the evenings. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed here for many years on our way to Cape May. But this experience was a shock. This hotel is deteriorating. Our recent experience included: keys that did not work, a broken sofa bed, a non-working thermostat, a dirty toilet and tub, a missing privacy curtain in the suite, fire alarm rang on and off all night, the phones were dead. And no manager on the premises deal with complaints. Need I say more?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I think there are some trolls putting in bogus reviews on this site. I booked a room at this hotel during my kid's soccer tournament with a great deal of trepidation after reading some of the alarmist "DO NOT STAY HERE" reviews. Here's the real deal: this hotel is comfortable, well-located and most importantly, immaculately clean. The carpet in my room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the beds were clean, the public areas were clean, etc., etc. The people at the front desk were also polite and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic, but pretty much what you would get in any mid-priced hotel.

My one complaint was the heating/cooling units in the room. It was hard to get the room to a comfortable temperature.. the air conditioner ran too cold, and the fan was too loud. Other than that, i was pleasantly surprised during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We recently had occasion to need a motel in Millville, and having stayed here a year & a half ago, we jumped at the chance to return. It has really declined since my "Top Notch" evaluation. Now I'd say average in every way. The property is privately owned and operated under the Country Inn name now, so that may be the reason for the decline. The desk staff appeared to be Pakistani or Indian and didn't understand English very well, although they were very courteous. The room was clean but not in good repair. The paint had been touched up with glossy paint on the flat wall, so it looked spotty. The mattress pad was so old that the elastic would not hug the mattress and the bottom sheet completely removed itself while we tryed to sleep. The shower curtain rod was loose and slanted so the curtain would not stay up to the wall. Consequently the floor was flooded and the water sprayed on the door and soaked part of the carpet outside the door. Will definitely be a mold problem very soon! I tryed to tell the man at the desk when we checked out, but I don't think he understood what I was telling him. The breakfast was very good and included lots of hot items. But based on the problems with the room, we would probably not be choosing to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank friskybug
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We had a great rate here, but after checking in... we realized why.

This property is OK... at the very best, on its best day.

We were in town for a wedding nearby and spent two nights.

Our stay was shortly after Hurricane/Super Storm Sandy - and given this hotels distance from the shore, it wasn't effected. There were some folks displaced by the storm staying there, as well as a lot of contractors.

The hotel is in rough shape all around. The carpets aren't fresh, the walls are scuffed and marred, the doors are scraped and banged, the bathrooms fixtures are showing their age, the mini-fridge in our room made more noise than most farm equipment, and the exterior of the property is looking a little shabby.

For the price... would I stay here again? Yes, but not before pursuing all of the other options in the area for a deal for the same value. I would gladly have paid $20 more a night for a nicer property.

The location is a little out of the way, but easy enough.

Would I suggest this property to others? Eh... that's a mixed bag. If you know what you're getting, and you're paying for what you're getting - sure, I would stay here again. BUT, like I said - I would make sure there wasn't a better deal to be had in the area.

To comment on some of the previous reviews... they aren't out of line. The property isn't a gem.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank admit_it
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Just off route 55 exit 26. Hidden by the tress. Years ago it used to be visible form the highway but the vegetation along the highway has flourished. Not a lot of people go here. It is always clean and the staff is always helpful. Sad that the restaurant next door has closed. The Wheaton arts glass works is next door and that is a tour that is great of a day out. If your lucky enough when Michelle is working you will find some unique conversation. Continental Breakfast is nothing special but the setting is nice. Less than 1 hour from Wildwood and less than 1/2 hour to Glassboro. Some interesting history in South Jersey. If you are ever checking out South Jersey area with the glass manufacturing, river life, clamming and oyster history, and peach farms, this is a central location.

Room Tip: No elevator so consider that in this two story hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diplomatok
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed at this Inn x2 The first time was great and food not bad so my grandkids had a good time. The next time was not so nice. The juice in the dinning room was broken so what was so hard to put juice in a pitcher as the juice had to be put in the juicer or container anyway.. I don`t think the staff even cared.
The room was ok clean but really needs some upgrade like the carpet,etc.
Marge and will be not staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MargeMartin
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Hello Marge,

I'm sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had. I can understand how that would be frustrating.

We appreciate your comments and I will be sure to forward them to management so that they can make the necessary improvements to remedy the situation.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. You can reach me at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com. Thank you for your review!

Regards,

Maurice

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Millville
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Millville? Share your experiences!