“tired hotel”

Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Waldwick
“tired hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

this is an older RI that is major need of a refit. Everything is old and slightly beat up or frayed. they had replaced the old tube tv units with new flat panel and just slapped up some wallboard and just painted that spot - didn't even tape the seams

brekkie is standard issue which is fine

stay here for the rate and location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you TomWaldwick for your feedback from your recent stay with us, we are thankful for the opportunity to hear our guest feedback and I will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate departments to address your concerns. Thank you again for opportunity to host you while you visited the Princeton area and your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed there while on business, the young lady at the desk was so overwhelmed, she could not keep up with people checking in and the demands from guests while the phone was ringing non stop. She even assigned the same room to two different people, or at least wrote the same room number on the key holder for two different people. As for the room, the stains on the carpets, the closet door that is off the tracks, and the beat furniture is an indication that it is time for a renovation. I will not stay there again any time soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Valiant10000
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you Valiant10000 for taking the time to give us some feedback about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had and thankful that you could share your experience with us as it will help us better improve our guest service for our future guest. All feeback from our guest is important and we appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest while visiting the Princeton area. Thank you again for staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Monmouth Junction hotels

Ashland, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Family matters caused me to have to visit South Jersey for a couple of days. I stayed at this Hotel and was thoroughly pleased with the staff and accommodations. They deserve your business because they earn it.

Green Features: The Hotel is aware of the environmental concerns in today's world and works to address them
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, Joseph M, for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that we could have you as our guest while you were in the Princeton area and that our staff could make your stay more enjoyable. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next trip to the Princeton area.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation for a suite with a fireplace and at check in asked about logs. Desk clerk said they had none and when I groaned said she would send someone out for some. Coming back in at 11:30 pm, no fire log. When I called the desk the clerk said the manager didn't authorize someone to go get logs. When you have fireplaces and it is cold you should have logs. Further I would have stopped and picked some up if I hadn't been told they would supply. Aggravating.

Stayed March 2014
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you ellenStateCollege_Pa for the feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m sorry to hear about the experience you had with us as that does not sound like it was handled appropriately. I will be sharing your feedback with my staff and thankful for the opportunity to hear about your experience with us.This will help us review and improve our guest service training plan for our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Checking in was smooth. You need to walk up a flight of stairs to your room. I stayed in a bi-loft suite. It is a bit of an odd design. You have to pull out a murphy bed. The second bed is upstairs in a loft right above your murphy bed. You get to hear the bed squeek, the t.v. etc. The housekeeping has much to be desired. The bathroom was small and smelled like smoke. The easy chair was stained. This has to be the worst Residence Inn I have ever stayed in. It certainly doesn't live up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you Kathy S for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to here your stay was not up to the standards you expect from a Marriott hotel. I am glad you were able to share your experience with us as it will help ensure my staff is focusing on our guest concerns. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope you continue to use Marriott for your travel needs.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We lost power and found this hotel to stay at. As a marriott elite member I got a free upgrade to a penthouse. In now way it was a penthouse. The bathrooms were out if date, no HD, even though we had 3 TV's. Kitchen was nice except very worn cabinets. Staff was ok, not great. Small things like sheets wrinkled, low shower pressure, not many upgrades for a so called penthouse.

Stayed February 2014
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you Thomas S for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you may have been experiencing some probelms with the HD channels while staying with us, I will make sure our engineering staff checks the TVs in that room. I will review your feedback with my department heads to ensure we are addressing all your concerns. Thank you again for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The front desk staff was very unaccommodating. Their customer service was poor. I found my room to be old and stale. The décor was dingy and the room smelled stale. The bed was very poor. The mattress was lumpy and the linens made me itch. I asked to have the bed totally changed 5 mins after walking into the room. The bathroom was not clean to my standards. The fireplace in the room was dirty and stained with soot. The curtains were old and dirty and in serious need to be changed out. The entrance door leading into the building to get to my room in building 8 was broken and made a very loud noise. I had to call and ask 2 days in a row before maintenance came to fix it. I asked for the manager and that is what got the action. The staff was rude. This is a very poor quality motel. Very disappointed in this Residence Inn. I am a frequent business traveler and have stayed in many Residence Inn s in the US. This is one of the worst stays. I would not recommend this motel or stay here again even if it was free.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank b4me4ever203
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you, b4me4ever203 for your feedback about your recent stay with us. This does not sound like you had the experience you came to expect from a Marriott hotel and for that I would like to apologize. I want you to know that we value our guest’s feedback and this feedback will help us improve our guest experience overall. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you continue using Marriott for your travel needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monmouth Junction
Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick
Holiday Inn Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
#11 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton? Share your experiences!