“Phenomenal and Top Notch Service!”

Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently wrapped up my 4 week stay at this Marriott Residence Inn, and truly cannot say enough positive things about the staff and facilities here. From the initial touch-point with Mary at the front desk, to the kind and attentive care that the kitchen staff provided (Dee, Bertha, and Theresa) to the housekeeping department (Lizzette and team)- I truly felt at "home" during my entire stay. The front desk team was always quick to respond to all of my requests and always went the extra mile to help me locate different vendors in the area, specifically Rebecca and Nari. The senior management team of Thomas and Felicia- always carried themselves with top-notch professionalism and ensured every day that my boyfriend and I had everything we needed to make our stay even more comfortable. The amenities at the hotel between the well-equipped gym and the outdoor BBQ were such nice and unexpected perks. Plus, the generosity and quality of the breakfast and dinners really exceeded my expectations.

I would like to thank this amazing team for everything, and I will be looking for an excuse in the future even after my move into my new house in Princeton- to ensure I can re-connect with genuine and clean/well-run facilities. I would highly recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a comfortable and pleasurable stay in the area. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!

Regards, Alice

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicekao04

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. I travel frequently and have certain expectations. #1, when I checked into my room, on the ground floor, the sliding glass door was completely unlocked. #2, I called for maintenance for lack of hot water for a bath... The maintenance person only knocked once, before attempting to enter my room (i had the safety bar on thankfully). I reported both to the manager the morning I checked out. He did research the situation, stated it had been corrected and did put 10,000 marriott points in my acct. ON a good note, the little lady who serves breakfast is fantastic, the sweetest thing ever. And some of the front desk staff are excellent, remembering names, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you, ruthbrown27, for your recent feedback about your stay with us. We are thankful for the opportunity to have you as our guest while you were visited the Princeton area and again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. It was great to hear that we could address the issue and the rest of your stay could be enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to host you again on your next trip to the Princeton area

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is definitely nothing to write home about, but the rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. The breakfast scene left much to be desired with sticky floors and mess that wasn't cleaned up, but I only wanted some coffee, smiled and went on my way.

Room Tip: there is only one king suite per building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you L W for your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s delightful to hear that our rooms were clean and beds were comfortable during your stay. I’m sorry to hear about your breakfast experience and I will be sharing your experience with my managers to ensure we are adjusting our procedures to our demand. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we would be grateful for the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to the Princeton area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location and nice hotel. We were in the area when the magnolias were blossoming and it was really nice. Close to the highway, but you don't hear the noise from all the traffic. A friend of our highly recommended this hotel (former employee of the hotel) and we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed 3 nights. The staff was very nice and friendly. They offer breakfast and dinner if you are not picky, you will be perfectly fine. The breakfast was more than I was expecting from warm eggs and hash browns to waffles, yogurt, fruits, etc. It was way better breakfast than other hotels that I've been. The dinner was OK also. They have nice barbecue area and swimming pool, but the pool was closed in April :-( , it was still cold. The room was clean and well kept.
The hotel offers free shuttle to the train station in the morning and at night. We used it to get to the commuter train to New York. It worked great. I am reading all the bad reviews and I can't understand why people are complaining.... I am not paid by the hotel to make this review believe me :-)! I will gladly go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Guest654321

Thank you, Guest654321, for your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of just about all the amenities that we have to offer our guest. Our staff will be more than happy to hear about the wonderful stay that you had and know that their great service is appreciated. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you again, as our guest, on your next trip to the Princeton area.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Where do I start reviewing such a terrible hotel? I've stayed on 4 seperate occassions now as it's the closest Marriott to my corporate office. I'm a Platinum member but clearly this hotel has no concept of what that is. Don't get me wrong as I don't expect much but do expect to be checked in by trained personnel and provided with a comfortable room. Every experience has been consistently poor so at least are are consistently bad.
Rooms are dated with nastycarpet in the bathrooms. The beds are like boards with a very thin blanket on top and not a comforter. You get the point...
To top it off, I took the time to write a Marriott review and to my surprise the manager actually emailed me directly with apologies and offering me 5,000 Marriott points for my troubles. Sounds great, right? WRONG! That was over a month ago and no points have arrived in my account. Clearly this disaster of a hotel is being run into the ground from the top down.
Marriott should be ashamed of themselves. I'll be staying in Princeton from here on out.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
1  Thank DiscriminateTraveler
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you Discriminate Traveler for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced while staying with us and thankful for the time you took to communicate with me about the problems you experienced. Your feedback will help coach my staff and review our procedures for handling guest problems. Thank you again for your feedback and the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to the Princeton area.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

this is an older RI that is major need of a refit. Everything is old and slightly beat up or frayed. they had replaced the old tube tv units with new flat panel and just slapped up some wallboard and just painted that spot - didn't even tape the seams

brekkie is standard issue which is fine

stay here for the rate and location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you TomWaldwick for your feedback from your recent stay with us, we are thankful for the opportunity to hear our guest feedback and I will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate departments to address your concerns. Thank you again for opportunity to host you while you visited the Princeton area and your feedback.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed there while on business, the young lady at the desk was so overwhelmed, she could not keep up with people checking in and the demands from guests while the phone was ringing non stop. She even assigned the same room to two different people, or at least wrote the same room number on the key holder for two different people. As for the room, the stains on the carpets, the closet door that is off the tracks, and the beat furniture is an indication that it is time for a renovation. I will not stay there again any time soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Valiant10000
Thomas R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you Valiant10000 for taking the time to give us some feedback about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had and thankful that you could share your experience with us as it will help us better improve our guest service for our future guest. All feeback from our guest is important and we appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest while visiting the Princeton area. Thank you again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monmouth Junction
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick
Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast

Been to Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton? Share your experiences!