My wife and Children (7 & 2 y/o) stayed at this property in August 2014 fir three nights while visiting Sesame Place. Check-in was seamless, and the hotel staff is very courteous and eager to please. There were many maintenance personnel throughout the property, which made me feel like any problem we encountered would be dealt with immediately. Thankfully, there were no issues that needed attention!
The common areas of the property are very nice. The lobby, pool, and outside seating area (fire pit/BBQ) are all well kept. There is also an onsite laundry facility that charge $2 per wash and 2$ per dry. The front desk will give you free Tide detergent upon request.
The room was smaller than I had anticipated, but was still adequate. There was limited room to extend the pull out couch for my son, so we just left it closed. They offered a pack and play for my 2 y/o at no charge! The room was very clean, with all amenities in working order. It was nice to have a full kitchen with all the necessary items.
Complaints I have regarding the room are as follows: we were on the first floor near the exterior entrance and the constant slamming of the exterior door, and the feet stomping above us were an annoyance. The bolt latch on the exterior door didn't line up properly making it difficult to close. The interior doors to the closets and mechanical room were worn and didn't match the exterior door. The bi-fold closet door's track was damaged which caused it to come off the track often. There is not a door between the shower/toilet area and the sink/mirror area. Lastly, the full-length mirror is mounted in an unusual location directly opposite from the toilet. One does not need to bare witness to themselves while doing certain things.
The breakfast was very good, with an adequate seating area. However, there is limited seating for families as the majority of the tables were small round tables. There were only two square tables capable of seating 4 or more people, along with a raised counter seating area in the back.
Overall, I felt that this was a good hotel but I am not sure the cost was justified. I would stay there again, but not before looking for something less expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton. We are the premier choice for all-suite hotel stays in Princeton, New Jersey just minutes from the Ivy League Princeton University. Located near our hotel are near area companies such as Dow Jones, IBM, Hewlett Packard, ETS, Novartis, BMS, Sarnoff, Loreal, Accenture and more. Spread out in one of our large suites, start your day right with our free hot breakfast buffet, stay productive with our business services that includes free high-speed Internet and rest easy with the Marriott bedding experience. If leisure brings you to the Princeton area, start your day shopping at Jackson Premium Outlets, catch a performance at McCarter Theater or a university event at Princeton's Forrestal Campus, then return to relax in our outdoor pool area. Travel to Princeton is made even better when you choose the all-suite Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton. When using GPS, use the following address: 16 Deerpark Drive, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Princeton-South Brunswick Hotel Monmouth Junction
- Residence Inn Monmouth Junction
- Monmouth Junction Residence Inn