“You know you're in trouble when you have a problem BEFORE you arrive...”

Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Fletcher, North Carolina
“You know you're in trouble when you have a problem BEFORE you arrive...”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I put the site address (4225 US Highway 1, PRINCETON, NJ) - from the hotel website) into my GPS and drove. Upon arrival, I was NOT at the hotel! I called the hotel, and was told, "Oh, we're not in Princeton, we're in Monmouth Junction. A lot of people have the same problem with our address." It turns out I was 6 miles away. Now, if a lot of people have a problem finding your hotel because the address you post on the website is wrong, wouldn't you change it?

Well, anyway, we got there. Now, we chose this hotel because it accepts pets. But I would call it "pet-tolerant" rather than "pet-friendly". Pets must be kept in your room, or in designated pet walk areas, only. All other parts of the site are off-limits.

The room was on the first floor, convenient for getting to the pet walk area across the parking lot. At about 10PM, five or six people moved into the room above us. There may as well have been no separation, though, because every movement was heard loud and clear in our room. Even conversations in the hallway outside our room were clearly audible inside. Very poor sound proofing!

The free WiFi was slow.

The free breakfast was alright.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank etowahjr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I read many reviews before making our summer get-away plans and I decided on this particular Residence Inn based on other reviews, my love for Marriott hotels, as well as the roomy and spacious penthouses. The penthouse exceeded my expectations in terms of space. I liked the fact that there were 3 flat-screened tv's and the kitchen was roomy with enough table and chais to seat a family of 6. The beds were not too comfortable compared to the SPG hotels (e.g. Westin, Aloft). Initially there was a stale odor, however it seemed to lift somewhat when we opened the sliding door. The morning complimentary buffet was tasty as well as the hotel's offering of an early lite fare. Housekeeping managed our penthouse very well each day. Our kids loved the outdoor pool. The only disadvantage is that compared to today's standards, the hotel is a little outdated. If in the area again, this would unfortunately not be my first choice, but possibly my third.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This hotel was clean BUT I have to say that this place was not safe at all. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this to anyone. We didn't get a discount offered on our stay. When you stay at a hotel you are suppose to feel safe. I honestly think that some one connect to this hotel took our car. For all I know it would of been the housekeeper's boyfriend!

Stayed August 2010

Travellers are raving about these Monmouth Junction hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2010

This is a great place to stay for a short time or for an extended period. We stayed here during our relocation, which did not end up being as long as we expected, but we would have been happy to have stayed longer. The staff is very helpful, courteous and friendly. The location is right on Hwy 1 without feeling that it is and it is convenient to everything in the area. The exercise room and new equipment is great with separate tv's on each unit. There is a good breakfast provided each morning and light dinner several days each week. We stayed in two different apartment units here and both are quite nice, well arranged and furnished. It may not be a fancy new resort type place, but it was a very good place to call home for couple of months.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Greahm
NYC
Reviewed 24 December 2009

As a Marriott's Rewards member I've stayed at more than 15 Marriott hotels (including Residence Inn, Courtyard, etc.) . This particular hotel was on the low side of the pack - i.e. average. Reasonably clean; reasonably friendly staff; fairly well maintained grounds.

It's just that there was not a great level of detail with respect to most things. Bad fixtures in shower; fitted sheets that didn't fit the king size bed; bad TV reception; *very* uncomfortable furniture. You know - just little nagging things that I don't see at most Marriotts.

If I'm in the area again, and there was a special rate I might go there again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a week as we were travelling for business. One morning we found our car severe damaged while it was parked right next to the building entrance at the hotel property.
We started asking hotel management to help, come and view the damage of our BMW. No response. We even could not get hotel staff to get the police report left alone a discussion about the damages.
Receptionist was very rude and even made a comment about all non americans staying there...
We live in US for over 20 years and work professionally all those years. We came from Europe originally and have an accent, of course.

We found another hotel for the next visit to the area, so can you if you want to stay away from provincial ignorance and rudeness.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Mumbai
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I had a friend who was staying there on company accomodation so we stayed with him on our trip to NJ. Our main plan was to check out NY. The front desk wa very helpful when we asked them for directions and other help getting around New york. The breakfat they provided was great. The room also had a mini kitchen which was helpful as we often brought in food and ate at the hotel. The internet facilities provided were great and we could print multiple copies so that was helpful as well. Its very near to the Rutgers campus so can be a plus for people visiting friends there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monmouth Junction
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick

Been to Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton? Share your experiences!