“Rude service, awful management”
Review of Palazzo

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bloomfield Ave
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went there on a Friday night with my girlfriend. Server was good and very accommodating. We ordered a yellow fin tuna carpaccio which was bland, and entree a seafood pasta dish in broth which was very good. We also ordered a strip steak, which ended up being over charred and flavorless. When we sent it back, the chef came out personally and started asking us why we sent it back, after which part I told him it was over charred and lacking flavor. He made it seem like we didn't know what we were talking about, that it was a good piece of meat, and kept reiterating that it was made on a skillet (I've made many steaks before on skillets that were a million times better and didn't run 35 bucks). Anyway, we got the bill and turns out steak was still on there. I called the manager and turns out the chef is the owner..he was very rude to us, telling us that it was a good piece of meat and that since we ate 3 pieces it was going to stay on the bill. I figured I would at least take the steak to go..and this is the most appalling/disgusting part of all, he gives me the SAME steak, now cold, to go. We also had desert in the meantime, so this piece of steak was sitting in the kitchen for 40 mins after? Completely disgusted with the restaurant and will never go back there.

5  Thank Eugene G

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Really good food and a great waiter. I asked for a little change to my dish which they forgot to do. When i mentioned it, the waiter fixed it immediately. Clarinet and piano players were a nice touch. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I read the reviews of Palazzo in restaurant.com and some where good others not. This place is excellent. The service was impeccable. the waitress recommended the fried calamari with balsamic and was one of the best we had. I had steak and my husband had fish and both dishes were delicious, even the hot warm bread pudding. Two older gentleman were playing piano with romantic songs. it was very special. We will go back, because everything was good, even the chef came to our table and offered us some cordials. Excellent place. You will not be disappointed. we eat out at all and we know good and bad places.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Warm welcome ,reasonable prices,good service and great food...what more would you want? A nice spot to have a good meal where you can actually carry on a conversation...maybe because it was a Tuesday night the noise factor was not an issue...a very nice and enjoyable meal

1  Thank CHATHAM07928
Reviewed 11 August 2013

From beginning to end, our experience at this restaurant was terrible. Our meal consisted of a shared salad and 2 entrees of which it took almost 3 hours to get through this meal. We were neglected from the time we sat down, and did not have a consistent server waiting on our table. It was close to 2 hours before we received our entrees. Multiple staff members came by to say there was a "backlog" in the kitchen, yet those seated around us (who arrived after we did received their meals before ours were served. It was obvious they never entered in our order. We were close to walking out, and we are sorry we did not. When the meals did arrive, they were both mediocre at best. There are plenty of other options in this town. If you are looking for a place for dinner prior to seeing a movie (which was our plan), please steer clear of this place!

2  Thank Kathleen M