“Solid breakfast experience...”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I decided to head down to Montclair for a weekend breakfast on a beautiful Sunday morning. We read about REC on. TA so decided to give it a whirl. The actual restaurant is bustling and the outdoor seating is a nice addition. The wait staff were pretty attentive, nice, and helpful. The food arrived quite quickly and the coffee was excellent. The croissant was above average as well. As for the breakfast courses we were not impressed. They were good but not something I will crave or go out of my way to taste again. Their signature "green eggs and ham" was a nice twist but didn't live up to its reputation. All in all a nice experience and glad we tried it...worth a shot.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

i came here for lunch once (it was amazing) and stopped in for lattes a bunch of times. its always good and has a nice ambiance.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Well my fiancé and I are a bit of food snobs and red eye cafe was perfect! The menu has a good balance of sweet and savory dishes. The green egg and ham is one of their signature dishes and was great. The French toast is sweet and light . Also we shared the Hong Kong waffle with their homemade salted caramel ice cream AND crispy bacon. Was divine perfect balance of sweet and salty, I'm glad we ordered it after our" breakfast". Was the perfect finish

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Last night had a great cuban sandwich with brussel sprout side salad ($10). I've been here numerous times and have never been disappointed. It's what I call 'clean food'. Fresh and prepared nicely, without alot of fluff. Another favorite is their fish tacos. They also exceed at brunch/breakfast items. Pricing are the best around.

Service was great last night. Sometimes when crowded it's slower. Great staff. Stop by, you will enjoy.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

good for a quick unpretentious bite, its open all day and much better then hitting panera bread for a quick bite, most sandwiches are a good bet