“Great to Order In ”

Mausam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #79 of 224 Restaurants in Montclair
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Ordered in with my mom and we were SO happy with the food. We got vegetable and paneer tikka masala, samosas and the assortment of bread (roti, plan naan and garlic naan). Food arrived right on time, hot and delicious. I would highly recommend the tikka masala - we got the 'spicy' option and my mother who has a pretty strong tolerance for spice was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it. My paneer was perfect, the basmati was cooked well and and the roti/naan were super tasty. The one thing we didn't love was the samosas - they were huge, had a lot of batter and were over fried. Regardless, the rest of the meal was so great we didn't even care. We will be ordering again very soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

A friend and I had been looking for an Indian Restaurant that was not far from Bloomfield.
Somehow, we had missed seeing Mausam.
Its interior is very attractive, spacious and well lit.
Our waiter was attentive an unobtrusive. We dined at leisure.
I really enjoyed the variety of food, though I've been to other restaurants with a larger number of items, especially desserts. No need to complain, though. It was a buffet
and I was very satisfied. Plan to return.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Liked this neat restaurant done up in earth tones and minus the kitschy Indian art seen in other places on Bloomfield Ave. We tried the buffet, and though it is the standard fare of jeera rice, chicken tandoori etc., it was well executed. Reasonably priced with good service, pleasing decor, and ample options. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I ordered from the Montclair, NJ location & every plate I was charged $2 extra. When I brought it to their attention, they kept trying to convince me that I must have the wrong location. When the Montclair location was where I ordered from & where my husband went to pick up the food. Their dishonesty was appalling!! The food portions were very small & not worth the price they charged me. Never going back!!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Ambiance was very comfortable. The menu quite varied. Prices were reasonable. The quality was adequate. The service painfully sloooow