“Need to get their act together”
Review of The Porterhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

The Porterhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was restaurant week so we decided to try this place and the re do of the decor is beautiul, i always remembered this place so cigar smelling but it is still there they have a private area for that.
The new chef has to be commended as my beet salad , onion soup, was tasteful my beef was divine, but the service was over whelming the concierge asked us three times if everything was okay the bread came late but was hot, the cocktail was fine, but when I asked for water, they brought it in a miller's beer glass with a straw, ??
Here they have spent a lot of the redo, but the place seems to really get their act together.someone needs to sit down with them and go through a dining experience.
And last the parking lot is not well lit and that should be addressed.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Went to dinner to celebrate with 8 family members, service was absolutely horrible. One side of the room seemed to get water glasses refilled all the time and we never did. We ordered appetizers and took forever to come, than the drinks we ordered also took too long. Served a beer in a beer mug and asked for 2nd beer came in small appertif glass, what the heck? We waited over an hr for our dinners, also people that came in half hr later got dinners before us??? We asked and it still took forever, had ordered wine, but dinners were served and had to say where is the bottle of wine. The most offending thing about the restaurant was the smell of cigar smoke it permeated the restaurant, the waiters smelled of smoke and I felt like the food and everything smelled, it was sickening. We used to love this place but it was horrible. Unfortunately I had purchase a brunch coupon from living social and was not looking forward to it, because of the horrible service and awful smell. Now even worse, they seemed to have booked PRIVATE parties on the days I wanted to go, and now they are booked for the next month, so I have wasted the money on buying brunch tickets! I can sit in cigar bar if I want to, tells you something, the only place available to eat at is the cigar bar! Well they told me on the phone, that I can't get a reservation to use my prepurchased brunch coupon now, but can come early and wait for outside table if available, I will try but Never again!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Porterhouse serves a decent brunch on Sunday mornings. Like most brunches, it's buffet style. They offer everything you expect: fruit, cheese, waffles, sides of meat, omelets, and even a steak slicing station. My only criticism is that at times only one server was standing behind the buffet table doing all the serving. The brunch appears to be popular, so you need to reserve early in the week.

3  Thank KSE7
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Where can you get perfect prime rib, chicken, salads and all the standard breakfast and brunch items for $19.95 with coffee and a mimosa? Great food and service.

1  Thank wendeenyc
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Called to make reservation, couldn't get a 7:30 p.m. one so took 8:00 p.m. When we got there the place was empty, told the hostess that we had been told we were unable to get a 7:30 p.m. reservation and she said we don't take reservations, very strange. Anyhow we sat and had a drink outside the cigar bar but we could still get the smell of smoke, very off putting. Eventually we went into the dining room, still very empty and had a very nice meal, everything was good.