“Management Actually Made a Situation Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Montvale

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
Massapequa, NY
“Management Actually Made a Situation Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent the past weekend here for a baseball tournament. Hotel is nice. Lobby area was clean and had enough room for people to gather. Wish they provided free breakfast - thought it wasn't worth the money. Room was decent size and beds were comfortable. Hotel was very busy. Had a situation during the night to where I was woken up and had to go down to the lobby to rectify the problem. Needless to say I was not happy since the issue was not my doing. The next day went to the desk to complain. He said he would convey my feelings to the manager and will let me know how they plan on handling what happened. Needless to say I left the hotel without a response. When I got home, I checked my email and there was an email from the manager apologizing for what happened and actually making the situation right. Have to give him credit for just not dismissing my complaint and taking care of me. I would stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bobkat10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for 5-6 days on a business trip recently, and it was incredible. Definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed in, very up-scale, beautiful, and clean rooms. The interior designs in the room are very modern and contemporary which was nice.

Each time I called the front desk, they referred to me by my name, which I thought was an incredible personalized touch. The in-hotel restaurant, Fire and Oak, is also 5 star; delicious, fresh food. I also visited the Park Ridge Marriott during my stay, and I'm glad I was staying at the Courtyard Marriott. Id recommend this hotel to everyone going through the area!

• Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the recommended hotel for several corporate training centers nearby. And it is clear why. The staff is super friendly and professional. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. And the restaurant/bar is one of the best in the area. There is a hotel shuttle that took us to and from training nearby, but the one morning when the shuttle driver was busy, the hotel manager drove a couple colleagues and I to our training in his personal car. Breakfast is excellent and again, the staff is superb. You won't be disappointed by the hotel, staff, location, or restaurant quality here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Davidsonville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My office HQ is nearby, and this hotel has a lot of what I need when I travel for work. Free parking, breakfast, free wifi, clean/modern rooms (recently remodeled), etc. Also, there is a decent restaurant connected to the hotel with room service. I like that the hotel also has WSJ; not just USA Today.

The hotel is close to some local shopping, many office, and not too far from NYC.

One potential downside - the room rate is high for a Courtyard.

Room Tip: This hotel's hallways are very long; if you have trouble walking or a lot of luggage, ask for a...
Hayward, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times during the past couple of years because it is so close to friends and family for both my wife and I. Overall the hotel is reasonable clean and the staff are generally nice and friendly and mostly competent. The trouble is that on the weekends the place becomes one big part with people running up and down the halls yelling and screaming at all hours of the day and night. They don't have security to speak of (or so it seems) and when you call the front desk to complain they act as if it is your fault. I wish I had a better option in the area, maybe I will try the Hilton or the full service Marriott. Again if you need a place to crash during the week this is a fine hotel, DONT stay there during the weekend unless you don't value your sleep or want to join in the party.

Room Tip: Stay in the back
2 Thank George J
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room is nice...redone, modern. It's almost like it's not a Courtyard but something else redone. They carry the USA Today and WSJ. I didn't see the gym.

They have a bistro - but not a bistro food concept - so it's just the decor. Forget the breakfast buffet - unless you like warm yogourt and spoiled OJ.

The internet works well - but their printer downstairs lacks color - which I needed in a pinch. So much for being a business person's hotel. I asked the front desk - but they couldn't assist (in running a print for me).

1 Thank TravelManSouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very professional, kind and helpful staff! Michael Ferrara, the Front Desk Supervisor is especially warm and welcoming. He asked about my room preferences, and gave me a recently renovated room that was beautiful and far enough away from elevators and stairwells so that I would have restful quiet. My colleague arrived after the bar and restaurant had closed, so we decided to sit just off of the lobby to talk. Michael thoughtfully approached us to apologize for the bar and restaurant closing for the night, and offered to get us what he could. He and his staff also went out of their way to greet us each evening when we returned, and to make sure that our rooms were perfect (which they were!)

Great management and service coupled with the recent renovations makes this Courtyard a must-stay for business and personal travelers alike!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!