1) Religious Conference taking place. Attendees converged throughout the whole hotel. Checked in and was given a room on the 2nd floor next to the conference room. Attendees occupied the hallway and the noise level was ridiculous. Went to management and was rectified immediately and given a new room.
2) Apparently, the conference attendees were a higher priority than other guests...they took over the lobby and pool area. They played religious music and left all their garbage behind in the pool area. When their wasn't enough seating they took it upon themselves to take indoor chairs out to the pool area. I was left wondering who was actually managing the hotel. The people who booked the conference or hotel management.
3)I was assured by management that the attendees would be checking out by noon the following day and was anticipating a quiet day after a day of chaos. However, when I woke up the next morning and noticed that the pool area was still a disaster. The pool water was murky and clearly not chlorinated for today. I immediately addressed this issue with management only to be told that they didn't know when facilities/housekeeping was coming in for the day(the lobby was also a disheveled clearly not tidied up). I also then found out that the attendees would not be leaving at noon that they were having a BBQ for a 100 + people in the pool area, which is a small area. Leaving once again other guests thrown to the wayside.
4) Clearly, there is a miscommunication from the owner of the hotel and middle management. Middle management was left in the dark just as much as I was as a guest.
5) My only positive experience throughout my stay was with middle management (behind the desk). Kudos go out to Michael and Irene. They did everything within their power to accommodate me.
6) The end of my experience is this....I wound up checking out and going to the Park Ridge Marriott, which was all the experience I expected from a Marriott Hotel. Lesson learned...beware of the franchised out Marriott Courtyard. They do not have to uphold the same standards as a corporate Marriott. As the front desk clerk at the Park Ridge Marriott said and I quote if you don't see a portrait of Mr. J.W. Marriott hanging in the lobby it simply is not a Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated hotel from the ground up. A very unique and contemporary courtyard with a signature restaurant, "Fire & Oak." We offer complimentary high speed Wi-fi in all guest rooms and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Montvale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Hotel Montvale
- Montvale Marriott
- Montvale Courtyard