“Absolute Best Stay At A Marriott Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Montvale

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
Reviewed 24 October 2010

From check in to check out this hotel was first class all the way.The location is perfect for almost anything you might want to acccomplish.We found the hotel and the room to be the cleanest of all the hotels we have ever stayed in.The breakfast was great and the ladies and gentleman who operate it were extremely accomodating.The general manager Paul has a great team.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Montvale for 3 nights. The bedroom was big enough with two beds. A big advantage was, that internet is included in the room price Unfortunnatelly the internet connection in my room was broken down and could'nt be repaired. Connection in the hall was a little bit to slow.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I have stayed in hotels that were so bad I saw 6 foot cockroaches leave gagging from the stench within the hotel.So I am always anxious when I book a room,and yes I do read the trip advisor.If I go to heaven and while waiting for Saint Peter I hope I can stay at a hotel that was a clean as comfortable as this Marriott.Skip the Xanex when you leave for this hotel you will be smiling and cozy in your room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank keyasset
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I went to Montvale on a business trip and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and found it to be a wonderful hotel ... much nicer than what I was expecting for a Courtyard. The room was large and spacious with a modern decor. Also, the restaurant (Fire & Oak) had very good food.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Whitby-Paul
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We had a confirmed reservation through Priceline at this hotel - which the hotel staff refused to honor. We arrived there late in the evening with a young child who needed to go to bed. They staunchly refused to give us a room, even though we had paid for it four days earlier. After keeping us waiting half an hour, we were surprised and shocked to find ourselves being shoved off in the dark, in an unfamiliar area, to try to find the sister property in Saddlebrook armed with nothing but a Post-it upon which the desk clerk had scribbled only the most rudimentary directions - not even the name of the sister hotel, its phone number, or a map to help us get there. So of course we got lost. A nightmare experience from start to finish. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Italinan
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I remember staying here for a business retreat and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was completely furnished like the newly decorated homes in the shows you see on TLC or HGTV! I was also pleased with the service.

The only thing is, I'm not sure what else goes on in Montvale, NJ that someone would need to go there. But it is not far from the Palisades Mall and is located near the NY/NJ border that is toll free!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank AnonymisslySpeaking
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I was recently at the Courtyard in Montvale, it served as my home base for a week.

The Courtyard looks like it went through a major restoration. The lobby and rooms are very nice. The room I had contained a HDTV which actually had HDTV pumping through, and a nice bathroom. I found the bed comfortable, and yadda yadda yadda. I say "yadda" because this is a courtyard and I know what to expect.

Some things that weren't positives.

- no wireless in the room, not a deal breaker, however, a tad inconvenient. Sometimes the internet did not work when I wanted to connect to VPN.
- i found the staff willing to accomodate those guests that they thought had big bucks. I am not a "high roller," I'm not broke. The folks at the front desk seemed to schmooze more with the older crowd. They also seemed more eager to please them.
- This was extremely evident at the bar. The guy at the bar is nice, and can poor a mean drink. He just didn't pay attention to the younger folks. I tipped him fine, and thought I was polite, he also schmoozed with the perceived high-rollers.

The hotel isn't close to much in walking distance. It is about a 10 minute drive to a major shopping mall. There are a few strip malls along Chestnut. The Commuter Rail Station is about a 4 minute drive, if you want to get to NYC without driving.

I will probably stay here again, and then expect that I will be treated differently. I guess that's life.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank moogie14a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!