“Great Food, Huge Portions”
Review of Segovia Restaurant

Segovia Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Moonachie
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Segovia where enticing cuisine, inviting ambiance and impeccable service effortlessly combine to create a rich and authentic Spanish dining experience. Our menu is based on only the finest seafood and meat and the freshest seasonal produce, all meticulously prepared and pleasingly presented. Our talented chefs add a fresh, modern approach to traditional favorites creating a menu perfectly balanced between rusticity and refinement. Family owned and operated for more than three decades, it is our commitment to the true spirit of hospitality that has earned us a place in the hearts of our very loyal customers. We invite you to let us be your hosts again - or for the first time. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Fantastic restaurant, especially for impressing clients and family. The food is great and the portions are huge. Consider sharing a dish, especially the paella.

1  Thank plinebaugh

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Segovia has excellent food, excellent service, and the best Sangria, anywhere. The waiters are friendly, and the atmosphere is fun and relaxing. Segovia serves Spanish Food at its finest. The only problem is the wait can be very long on the weekends, so it is better to go to Segovia, during the week, if possible.

1  Thank Sue Y
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When I lived in New Jersey years ago, I was at Segovia's at least once a month. On this trip back to Little Falls for a wedding, my wife and I decided to take lunch at Segovia's. The restaurant hasn't changed much, except they have updated the restrooms. The menu still has many of my seafood favorites, and wide selection of specials. The wait staff is always dressed professional and provides attentive and knowledgeable assistance in making a menu selection. The surprising thing for me was the menu pricing, which I found quite reasonable. My wife chose the stuffed Dover sole and I had the sea scallops. Both entrees were seasoned and cooked perfectly. Each selection comes with steamed carrots and green beans, saffron rice, and these wonderful crispy thick freshly fried potato chips. It may be an old restaurant, but the food is really fresh and appealing.

1  Thank Iambigred
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've given this place many tries because it's close to my work but regardless of what I've ordered over the years, my opinion remains the same: there is little resemblance to real Spanish food (i.e. what you may get served in a restaraunt in Spain), the quality of their product is not very good and everything is extremely oily and greasy. In fact, most dishes taste exactly the same - of the same oil that is - and if you have any tummy issues (and most of us do nowadays) you will suffer the consequences soon after your meal (runny, heartburn or a combo of the two). One of them had a tossed salad with 'grilled shrimp' ... except that the shrimp was not actually grilled but fried and went through her like a bullet train as soon as we god back to the office. Aside from the paella, most dishes do not re-heat well as leftovers. In fact, it's when you re-heat that the amount of oil in the dish becomes obvious and pretty mind blowing (and not in a good way)

It's perplexing to see so many raving reviews for this place but if you actually read them you realize the one consistent thing people love about this place is the volume. To me, large portions of semi-adequate food is just that - large portions of MEH! food - and that's a waste of my money. I would have been happier paying same price for half the portion of a meal that tasted fresh and was bursting with flavor.

Also be warned the place is a TIGHT squeeze! and on a busy night you are likely to be sitting on top of someone at the next table and participating in their conversation ... whether you like it or not. Interior looks like an older diner, there is nothing cozy, classy or hip about the place. Service is not the most comfortable because it's cramped and waiters often bump into people. A lot of the wait staff often seems frazzled and unattentive. Not planning a return visit any time soon

1  Thank LexiBelleville
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Our friends suggested this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was authentic Spanish, very large portions, great taste. We had left overs for days. The atmosphere is dungy, place could definitely use a face lift

1  Thank George710