“Nice place for the money”

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Service and the attitude of the staff is one the most important aspects of any hotel stay to me and In that respect this place is great. I find myself again having to say again that it is not the Hilton, If you can afford the Hilton go there. I wouldn't because they don't have smoking rooms. Once in a while I go to a nice Hotel looking for some peace and quiet and this hotel is tucked away and surrounded by stands of trees, with the windows closed it was pretty and quiet. Do not complain about highway noise in New Jersey, there is virtually no place to get away from it. Everything in the room worked, I was very comfortable and felt very secure.

Room Tip: The smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Pluses: Cheap, located on NJ 10, a main commuter artery. Ample parking. Dogs allowed and welcomed for minimal fee, including larger dogs...rare in the industry.

Minuses: Checkin was horrible. They weren't even prepared with paperwork, and I reserved a week before. Time lost: 20 minutes.
Rooms are not quiet. This hotel is a wood frame construction, you hear everything above, below, and on both sides. Most rooms adjoin, so you get the added benefit of cooking smells and late night noise from the neighbors. No thanks.

Internet: slow, varies with time of day.

Cable channels: surprisingly good variety, but with a 90's era television and DVD, no HDTV here.

Decent cleanliness, but my bathroom needed retiling...loose tiles are a safety hazard and should never be tolerable. Bed linens were clean, and towels were fluffier than I expected.

In-room kitchenette was poorly equipped (no bottle opener, a basic) but the microwave and fridge were handy.

This hotel caters to families in transition from rental or home, and the budget traveler. I thought I'd try it out, but I'll be scaling up for my next visit to this area. There are alternatives.

Overall, I never expect much from IHC properties. They are inconsistent, and vary with the licensee. The property is probably spot on for the price point, but not my preferred.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travel_wahoo
Reviewed 24 January 2010

This is an extended stay place, somewhat geared towards business travelers staying a week or more, so it may not be for everyone. It doesn't have a swimming pool or restaurant on site or some of those other features of 3 star and higher hotels, but that didn't bother us.

For us it was everything we could hope for. It is tucked away in a quiet location. It was very clean. It has a small kitchenette, fridge & mircrowave so we were able to heat up our own dinner and save $$. Bed was comfy. They had a place to buy snacks, breakfast or microwave meals.

Our only complaint was the lack of a free continental breakfast that so many other hotels offer, but since this is an extended-stay place, that might explain why it's not offered. Also, if you need two beds this may not be the place for you. No rooms had two beds, except for a suite (with pull-out sofa).

All-in-all it was a pleasant, but brief stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PeterPiper1
Reviewed 17 December 2008

Reviews for Candlewood Suites are always mixed due to the varied expectations of the individual. I have been nothing but pleased with the value. I usually stay for a week to 10 days, often with my wife and dog. I have stayed in this brand numerous times in different states, they are all the same (more or less). These are basic rooms with kitchens and cook tops. See my photos.

There are no hookers in lobby of this hotel! Its in a suburban area, set back in woods off main road (confusing to get to on first visit). Staff was quite nice and upgraded me for free to suite (basically gives you a separate bedroom).
Other reviews say "i was there 5 days and they did not even clean my room!" Well, then you did not know what you were buying. They do housekeeping once in week in these extended stays. However you can exchange sheets and towels at front desk if you require.

Our room was clean and basic. We did have a plumbing leak under sink but did not notice until we were checking out.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank jmr-nyc
Reviewed 10 November 2008

After reading a couple of bad reviews we were hesitant about this hotel, but picked it anyway because it is highly competitive with other nearby hotels.
We could not have been more pleased. We found the hotel to be clean, modern and well run. The rooms have a small but complete kitchen with top burners, microwave, refrigerator and the usual coffee machine. The parking is free, as is the internet and local phone calls.
There is a well equipped exercise room, and free outdoor grills and picnic area.
The bathroom and rugs were spotless, with a very comfortable bed and well appointed furniture.
Since the hotel is for both long and short term guests, the linen is not changed daily, but there is a fresh linen issue anytime you want it.
There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there is a small store that sells food and personal items on an honor basis, and there are several excellent restaurants nearby, We also made a trip to the nearby lake area, and a day trip to New York on the nearby I80.
It is a little difficult to find off Route 10, but using our GPS we found it, tucked away on its own grounds away from traffic noise.
We paid $75 a night for two persons, which was nearly half of what we paid last time at a nearby hotel. We will use this place as our base anytime we travel north. Definately recommended

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank waylward
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Situated in what seems like a nice area, this place looks nice from the outside. The inside is a different story. From the wierd smells in the hallways, rusted and pitted plumbing fixtures, poor caulking of the fixtures in the tub and of the commode, stain in the bathtub, slow internet (touted a "gigaspeed", more like nanospeed), loss of satellite, the absence of a luggage rack, and less than pleasant staff, this is at the botttom end of the residence-type hotels at which I have stayed.

There is no pool or restaurant, but there is a well stocked freezer of fat-laden as well as healthy foods. The fitness center shares the same room with the laundry, providing for a warm, humid, and Bounce-scented workout. There is a weight machine that was out of order, two treadmills, and an elliptical machine.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2007

I stayed a week on business in Morris Plains. I found the hotel to be very clean, the staff to be friendly and helpful and the location to be great. It is set back off of the highway, so it is so quiet and peaceful!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morris Plains
Residence Inn Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
#13 of 16 in Parsippany
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!