“Worst hotel Around”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Worst hotel Around”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Very poor overall experience. Poor internet speed, no restaurant, very small gym with average equipment in the same area with laundry so never able to exercise due to bad smell, no breakfast facility, no filtered water. I am sure all the positive reviews are by hotel staff only.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vikram B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Vikram B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The important things were taken care of here - my bed was comfortable, the hotel was well-located, and the staff was friendly. However, the stay just lacked in some of the "little things." I arrived at 2:00, and, while early, I have never had a problem checking in an hour early. Only, check-in time at the desk said 4:00. VERY late. The staff got me squared away in about 20 minutes. It has been years since I have had to sign a bill when checking out, but, I had to here. That added a bit of extra time to my morning (already on a thin timeline). The alarm clock in the room was broken. The shower curtain was hung too high/it was too short, creating a "flood" in the bathroom. The air unit was VERY loud. There was a light under the kitchen cabinet I could not figure out how to turn off, so there was a low-level light on all night (made falling asleep a bit harder). Now, this will sound picky, but as a Platinum-level Club member, I am used to getting a bottle of water at least. It was kind of disappointing to spin a wheel - where half of the "prizes" were 'Sorry, better luck next time.' C'mon, it's a 25 cent bottle of water. Really? I know, I sound snotty, but it is nice when loyalty is recognized.

Will I stay here again? Probably. It is well-located for my business in the region, it was reasonably-priced, and the bed was comfortable. But, it won't be quite as nice as some of the other IHC properties I stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Majorgal
Oregon
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is in a great, quiet location and is a wonderful value. The room is spotlessly clean, which is the most important thing to me. Finding a pet-friendly hotel that is modern and clean can be challenging, but this Candlewood fits the bill. I am surprised it has a handful of negative reviews-- I consider myself to be pretty particular, but for the price you pay, I can't find anything wrong with this one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stay in hotels all over the United States and never have I once experienced what happened at this location. Due to our hotel rooms not being ready my coworker stored her things on the hotel cart in my room. After 25 minutes we returned back to the hotel and here is where everything went wrong. The front desk agent notified us that she went into my room because she needed the cart for another guest. Yes, that's right .... she took it upon her self to ENTER my room WITHOUT my permission. I immediately look around the corner to assume that I was on an episode of PUNK'd. !! I must say that the front desk agent crossed the line. I would like to warn you that another guest told me that she experienced the same thing. Just be sure to look out for the camera's because you may feel like you have been PUNK'd too. Safe Travels !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank worldtravler2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear worldtravler2012,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the unacceptable service that you received during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

bangkok
Reviewed 13 May 2012

this is a type of hotel for a long stay so there is no daily house keeping service, they will clean your room once every week. I had to take my trash out and put in the bin provided, make my own bed, clean dishes everyday. So this is the down side considering you paid money for convenience of a hotel room. the queen bed suite I stayed in was quite small. the queen bed can only fit 2 persons. I had to sleep on the pull out sofa with my son. the pull out sofa was not comfortable to sleep in because the mattress was too soft.

special recognition and thanks to Ashleigh (if I had her name right). she was a wonderful receptionist and would always there to help with a smile. Candlewood did well in finding her and keeping her here.

don;t trust your gps to find this hotel. it was on the map all right but the gps will give you confusing instructions to go at wrong directions since this hotel is just off highway at crossed roads. just use your own observation and you won;t get lost. there are many good shops and restaurants nearby if you have a car.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 March 2012

SUPER Friendly staff, clean rooms, safe area, and not a bad price!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DBQE
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I typically like Candlewood suites. This one is under construction. The TV in my room didn't even work. There was plastic on the floors throughout the hotel. Things were generally a mess. Not sure how long before construction will be done. Required to sign a document saying I would not be excessively messy in the room or I would need to pay a fine of $250. I've never seen any hotel have this type of document before.

• Stayed January 2012
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!