“Comfortable hotel for staying”

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Naples, Florida
“Comfortable hotel for staying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel for work. The hotel is off the beaten path just a little bit, but also close enough to the highway and other necessities. There is a Dunkin Doughnut and a grocery store just in back of the hotel which comes in handy for long stays. Also, there is a pretty good Mexican restaurant just across from the grocery store. Fast food choices are limited but I did see a Wendys. The staff is friendly (both times) rooms were well maintained. They are a little worn and dated, but still in very good shape. Both times I stayed, there were families here with smaller children who were out and about playing with them. If I was traveling with family, I'd probably stay here, safe, clean and comfortable. If you want to take a day trip into NYC, you have about a 45 minute train commute, about 25 to Newark Airport by car. Highway is within 5 minutes. Only difficulty is coming out the back exit on to the highway can be very, very difficult. 15 minutes to downtown Morrisplains. I much preferred this hotel to the big hotel complex downtown which I think was a Hyatt.

Room Tip: I always go for the first floor which is convenient here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear jmoonesq,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the condition of the property during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that the next time you come through, you give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Limestone, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was my second stay at this location. Spent three months here from April thru June and I didn't hesitate to reserve a room again for a much shorter but last minute work assignment.
Even though it meant a forty minute drive each way this time, it was worth the effort. Quiet, safe, comfortable, very pleasant staff and enough amenities in the immediate area to take care of most travel needs. Slept with the window open and woke to the birds chirping in the woods behind the place. Nice!
Bill K

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Gibbstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

My only complaint about our stay on the night of May 28th, 20013, was no fault of the hotels...other guests decided to be noisy between around midnight and 1:30am.
The desk girls were very, very nice.
The room, a two-room suite with kitchen, living area, bedroom and bath, was modern, sleek, clean and had everything to make you feel at home and spread out.
My husband has a bad back yet had a fine nights sleep, with no pain in the morning, on the bed in the bedroom. We think it was one of the memory foam type mattresses.
The kitchen had everything you'd need...full size refridgerator, 2 burner stove, microwave complete with a complimentary packet of microwavable popcorn. Dishes & utensils, including a hand-held can opener and cork screw were provided. Coffee maker. Enough condiments (sugar, sweet & low, a packet filter of regular and decafe coffee, salt & pepper) for a one night stay. My husband felt there should've been more coffee packets left, but since there was free coffee available in the lobby area, I didn't see the big deal.
The room supplies two small soaps, a hair dryer, a bottle of shampoo/conditioner combined, a VCR/DVD combo player with lending movies in the lobby, and also a clock radio in both the living area and the bedroom area. I find the clocks very convenient.
There is a small "pantry" which is basicly a little convenience store where you can purchase things you might want, need or forgot...it's on the honor system and everything is under $5. We did not purchase anything as we brought everything we'd need to save on expenses.
The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a 5 star rating is that there was no pool or hot tub. Even though for a one-night stay and the reason for our trip, we weren't really looking to swim, it just would've been nice to have the option to if we'd decided we wanted to swim or soak.
I'd like to make a note on one thing someone else mentioned in their review for this hotel. There is a over-counter light underneath the microwave. If you don't look carefully, you'll miss how to turn that light off. There is no switch under the counter or on the wall for it, there IS, however, a button on the microwave that says "surface light"...that is how to control that light. My husband spotted it. I don't know if I would've spotted that if I'd been alone. For the one-room efficiencies, that light could be a problem for people who like to have darkness when they sleep, if they couldn't figure out how to turn the light off.

Room Tip: We were in room 243 on the second floor, I'm not sure if that is East or West or what, but the r...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat H
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed for two nights so i did not receive housekeeping due to how that hotel works. I was ok with that. Room was very nice and spacious, bathroom clean, soft towels, good selection of microwavable food in the pantry for sale, internet worked fine. Amazing surrounding with a lot of wilderness. i saw rabbits and squirls right in the parking lot. Nice BBQ área with outside seating. Just a few steps away there is a dunkin donut and other restaurants. The área i choose because i had business in the área. I would stay again if returning to this área.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Dawn M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Lera P
Morris Plains, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Very poor overall experience. Poor internet speed, no restaurant, very small gym with average equipment in the same area with laundry so never able to exercise due to bad smell, no breakfast facility, no filtered water. I am sure all the positive reviews are by hotel staff only.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vikram B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Vikram B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera P

Travellers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

The important things were taken care of here - my bed was comfortable, the hotel was well-located, and the staff was friendly. However, the stay just lacked in some of the "little things." I arrived at 2:00, and, while early, I have never had a problem checking in an hour early. Only, check-in time at the desk said 4:00. VERY late. The staff got me squared away in about 20 minutes. It has been years since I have had to sign a bill when checking out, but, I had to here. That added a bit of extra time to my morning (already on a thin timeline). The alarm clock in the room was broken. The shower curtain was hung too high/it was too short, creating a "flood" in the bathroom. The air unit was VERY loud. There was a light under the kitchen cabinet I could not figure out how to turn off, so there was a low-level light on all night (made falling asleep a bit harder). Now, this will sound picky, but as a Platinum-level Club member, I am used to getting a bottle of water at least. It was kind of disappointing to spin a wheel - where half of the "prizes" were 'Sorry, better luck next time.' C'mon, it's a 25 cent bottle of water. Really? I know, I sound snotty, but it is nice when loyalty is recognized.

Will I stay here again? Probably. It is well-located for my business in the region, it was reasonably-priced, and the bed was comfortable. But, it won't be quite as nice as some of the other IHC properties I stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Majorgal
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is in a great, quiet location and is a wonderful value. The room is spotlessly clean, which is the most important thing to me. Finding a pet-friendly hotel that is modern and clean can be challenging, but this Candlewood fits the bill. I am surprised it has a handful of negative reviews-- I consider myself to be pretty particular, but for the price you pay, I can't find anything wrong with this one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
#13 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!