This was my second stay at this hotel for work. The hotel is off the beaten path just a little bit, but also close enough to the highway and other necessities. There is a Dunkin Doughnut and a grocery store just in back of the hotel which comes in handy for long stays. Also, there is a pretty good Mexican restaurant just across from the grocery store. Fast food choices are limited but I did see a Wendys. The staff is friendly (both times) rooms were well maintained. They are a little worn and dated, but still in very good shape. Both times I stayed, there were families here with smaller children who were out and about playing with them. If I was traveling with family, I'd probably stay here, safe, clean and comfortable. If you want to take a day trip into NYC, you have about a 45 minute train commute, about 25 to Newark Airport by car. Highway is within 5 minutes. Only difficulty is coming out the back exit on to the highway can be very, very difficult. 15 minutes to downtown Morrisplains. I much preferred this hotel to the big hotel complex downtown which I think was a Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Morris Plains Hotel is one of the most conveniently located all suites hotels in the heart of the business district of Morris County. Located near Morristown, Parsippany and only 30 minutes from New York City we are close to all major highways such as the New Jersey Parkway, RT. 80, RT. 287 and RT. 10. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located 2 miles from the train station which will take you directly to midtown Manhattan. If you are looking for leisure activities such as Atlantic City, you can take many local bus services which are only a few miles from the hotel. All of our suites (studio or one bedroom) include fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave & stove tops. Color TV, 2 phone lines, free high speed Internet access, free local shuttle service, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, DVD/VCR and CD Player. Complimentary parking, complimentary local and 800 calls, free use of our well equipped fitness room and complimentary use of washers and dryers. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the New Jersey/New York City area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains Hotel Morris Plains
- Candlewood Suites Morris Plains
- Candlewood Morris Plains
- Morris Plains Candlewood Suites