“This isn't the Ritz but very nice and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Naples, Florida
“This isn't the Ritz but very nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

For starters, to understand my rating, I rate hotels against like quality hotels. It isn't fair to judge a Candlewood against a Four Seasons or Ritz property as they would come in at a 3 star or less. I am rating this hotel against other hotels similar in quality/price. I have stayed at a few hotels in the Morris Plains area and at this specific hotel a few times. For the price, it is very comfortable, convenient, and worth it. If you are looking for glamour or high end, go stay in town at the tower and pay twice as much for everything. If you have a long term trip, this place is well worth it.

I do have a suggestion, try to get a room in the 140's on the first floor. This would be on the end of the wing so you can pop right in the side door. Otherwise, you will have a long walk through the front. One thing that impressed me this trip was after a heavy snowstorm, the manager was out cleaning off everyone's car windows and workers shoveled to each car so you didn't have to walk in snow.

Others complain about the service, and I do have one complaint of not getting my room cleaned over three days. However, I called the front desk and they immediately brought clean towels and coffee packs. I have never had a problem here with the staff, all very friendly. Sleep quality is decent, pillows leave something to be desired, but the bed is comfortable, room is always clean, shower and bathroom are always clean.

I also prefer a one bedroom when I stay just to have a break from the bed area.

One thing that did change, the grocery store that was just behind the hotel has moved. I would suggest though going to the new Shop Rite grocery store about 2.5 miles away that just opened. It is huge, new, and has a food court that will rival anything around with just about everything you could want already prepared, hot, fresh, and ready to go. I found this place on my last night, otherwise, I would just stop by here on the way home and get dinner to go. Very reasonable price. If you do stay here, when you go to get out on the main road, do yourself a favor and don't pull out on to the little side street, go back up to the light, hang a right and go to the main intersection, will save you a lot of headache and adrenaline trying to get into traffic.

There is also a Dunkin Doughnut right behind the hotel for morning coffee, the area is safe, nice area to exercise outside when warm, and mainly filled with professionals. I've never had an issue with noise here or anything like that. I wills stay here again.

I would also pick this hotel over the Crowne Plaza just up the road, that is overpriced when compared to this place. They charged $32 for a salad and hamburger and the room was lesser quality. I'll stay here any day over there.

Room Tip: On the first floor, take a room over like 138 and park on the end and pop in the side door, if secon...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Narberth, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

When I arrived at the motel, late at night, the hotel front desk staff person was very nice. I was a bit disappointed that the check-in took quite long - everything was supposed to be ready in advance, as a IHG Gold Customer.
At night, there was a light emanating from a lamp above the stove, which apparently could not be switched off (at least I didn't find how to) and there was no one answering calls to the front desk.
The biggest issue was the front desk waking me at 8 AM because they needed my credit card. I also received several calls from them and from housekeeping, when I was checking out, although it was still before the checkout time. In short - a disappointing experience, unfriendly and rude staff. There are much better motels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Moolieisenbach
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Moolieisenbach,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was given an older room. The problem was that the thermostat was stuck at 88 degrees!! No matter what was tried, 88 degrees! So finally, they helped me move to a better room which was also updated. Once the drama was over, I could enjoy myself and relax. They have a full kitchen which is great. The room was clean. You have to search for the driveway it is extremely hard to find on a little side road and the sign wasn't lit. There are a few nearby attractions and it is a 15 minute drive to downtown Morris. It is also a shopping and restaurant area. I like this brand alot in general. Of the 4 I have stayed at, this is #4. A great perk here is FREE laundry room and they have an exercise room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Some rooms seem to be older.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Syracuse, New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed about six weeks this summer while on business about 4 miles away.

Pros: Very nice facilities. Clean / modern rooms. Probably one of the best managed/friendliest staff I have seen at the IHG Chains.

Cons: No outdoor pool. Do not get enough Priority Club Points.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WishinIMFishin
Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband was hospitalized at Morristown Hospital and this hotel is about 5 easy miles away. The room I had was attractive, comfortable, spacious, and very attractive with a few small defects. Refrigerator door hung wrong so that it would open to the door/wall instead of into the room. Refrig pretty noisy as well. No housekeeping! Stay a week and then you will have housekeeping which is OK if you are a weekly rate. Very nice towels must be exchanged at desk. By not offering daily housekeeping they cut down on such amenities as toiletries and coffee. Coffee is complementary in the first floor pantry in a large urn. I was pretty close to the pantry but it is a 3 floor hotel pretty spread out. Full kitchenettes nicely furnished with pots, dishes,etc, so no breakfast. Shuttle service but only for business destinations. Wouldn't take me to the hospital. Front desk personnel - some (Moya) outstanding, some (Sunday afternoon not as good, ignoring me while taking phone, other walk-ups. Overall friendly and helpful staff. Despite researching I was somewhat discomfited by the absence of some services which is my own fault and I will be more careful in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

The good:
I stayed in this hotel over Labor Day weekend as I was in town for a wedding. The hotel desk was friendly, and check in was very easy. The room was very clean (I think they just underwent a remodel) and I love all of the amenities like the fridge, microwave, iron, etc...It is an extended stay hotel, and I booked it online for very cheap. I used the gym, and there is also a pay laundry on site.

The not as good:
The location is okay. There's not much around, but it was close to where we needed to be. New Jersey has this weird system of not being able to turn left, so sometimes it's difficult to get to. The bathroom still had old light switches and plugs, and you could tell there was some older stuff underneath the new stuff. But that didn't affect my stay, just an aesthetic note.

Overall:
I would recommend to anyone coming to this area. There is a grocery nearby, a few restaurants, and a Dunkin that I went to for breakfast in the morning since that is not included with the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morris Plains, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is one of the worst hotel I have ever seen. There is no customer service and no hospitality.... Front desk assistant are rude , and never show intent to help you....
Staying in this hotel is total money waste and would not recommend any one to stay

Room Tip: I do not recommend any one to stay in this Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Sandeep T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction our level of service has caused you. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service and customer care and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this instance.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!