For starters, to understand my rating, I rate hotels against like quality hotels. It isn't fair to judge a Candlewood against a Four Seasons or Ritz property as they would come in at a 3 star or less. I am rating this hotel against other hotels similar in quality/price. I have stayed at a few hotels in the Morris Plains area and at this specific hotel a few times. For the price, it is very comfortable, convenient, and worth it. If you are looking for glamour or high end, go stay in town at the tower and pay twice as much for everything. If you have a long term trip, this place is well worth it.
I do have a suggestion, try to get a room in the 140's on the first floor. This would be on the end of the wing so you can pop right in the side door. Otherwise, you will have a long walk through the front. One thing that impressed me this trip was after a heavy snowstorm, the manager was out cleaning off everyone's car windows and workers shoveled to each car so you didn't have to walk in snow.
Others complain about the service, and I do have one complaint of not getting my room cleaned over three days. However, I called the front desk and they immediately brought clean towels and coffee packs. I have never had a problem here with the staff, all very friendly. Sleep quality is decent, pillows leave something to be desired, but the bed is comfortable, room is always clean, shower and bathroom are always clean.
I also prefer a one bedroom when I stay just to have a break from the bed area.
One thing that did change, the grocery store that was just behind the hotel has moved. I would suggest though going to the new Shop Rite grocery store about 2.5 miles away that just opened. It is huge, new, and has a food court that will rival anything around with just about everything you could want already prepared, hot, fresh, and ready to go. I found this place on my last night, otherwise, I would just stop by here on the way home and get dinner to go. Very reasonable price. If you do stay here, when you go to get out on the main road, do yourself a favor and don't pull out on to the little side street, go back up to the light, hang a right and go to the main intersection, will save you a lot of headache and adrenaline trying to get into traffic.
There is also a Dunkin Doughnut right behind the hotel for morning coffee, the area is safe, nice area to exercise outside when warm, and mainly filled with professionals. I've never had an issue with noise here or anything like that. I wills stay here again.
I would also pick this hotel over the Crowne Plaza just up the road, that is overpriced when compared to this place. They charged $32 for a salad and hamburger and the room was lesser quality. I'll stay here any day over there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Morris Plains Hotel is one of the most conveniently located all suites hotels in the heart of the business district of Morris County. Located near Morristown, Parsippany and only 30 minutes from New York City we are close to all major highways such as the New Jersey Parkway, RT. 80, RT. 287 and RT. 10. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located 2 miles from the train station which will take you directly to midtown Manhattan. If you are looking for leisure activities such as Atlantic City, you can take many local bus services which are only a few miles from the hotel. All of our suites (studio or one bedroom) include fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave & stove tops. Color TV, 2 phone lines, free high speed Internet access, free local shuttle service, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, DVD/VCR and CD Player. Complimentary parking, complimentary local and 800 calls, free use of our well equipped fitness room and complimentary use of washers and dryers. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the New Jersey/New York City area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains Hotel Morris Plains
- Candlewood Suites Morris Plains
- Candlewood Morris Plains
- Morris Plains Candlewood Suites