“Dirty rooms and rude staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Austin, Texas
“Dirty rooms and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this particular hotel a couple of times. This time has been the worst. The rooms were not the most pleasant. The hotel had a distinct order. Handicapped front desk staff girl was very helpful and came to my room with air freshner as well as manager who offered to change rooms.

Upon check out, I had to wait for about 5 minutes till the front desk lady finished her conversation . She was speaking in Haitian or another language to another black women and didn't even acknowledge me. Just gave me my reciept and turned around and continued her conversation.
I've stayed at hotels all around the state and have never seen such bad customer service. Miya made my stay experience horrible. I called and left a message to speak to managment and it was the same women who picked up. Still have not received a call. At this point I will never return.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stevenbal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Stevenbal,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Checked in for 4 days. HOTEL DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY HOUSEKEEPING AT ALL! Towels or getting garbage thrown out is not available. Shuttle service is a JOKE. Not sure why its even offered when the driver is "busy" and the scheduling system consists of getting a cell number and being told to figure it out with him. Not impressed

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samuel M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Samuel M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some aspects during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.

Travellers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Thompson s Station, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I drove into the parking lot around 11pm, this was a few days after a huge snowstorm. The parking lot was horrible, there was snow every where, no safe place to park on the premises. I wound up squeezing my rental car into a back corner with the tires up on a snow bank so I wouldn't block anyone. Next walking across the lot with my luggage was treacherous, there was very little salt on the parking lot so extremely slippery.

I next walk into reception, the lady was nice enough (I am probably being overly critical because of my feelings on the whole stay). She handed me my check-in documents, I filled them out and handed them back. She said I forgot to sign the "Damage Waiver" and handed them back. I asked what it was for, and she said it was an agreement on my part that if I make the room too dirty they can charge me extra for the cleaning. I replied that I have never signed one of these in 15 years of travel and was this hotel in such a bad area it was necessary? She said it was for big parties...

Finally feeling frustrated and annoyed I just wanted to get to my room, do a little work, go to bed and leave this hotel. I walk to my room, open the door and felt like I had walked into one of those indoor smoking areas you see at airports. It was awful and normally I would have returned for a new room, but after the rest of my experience I just decided to get through it and leave in the morning. I should have walked out, I had a low grade upset stomach the rest of the night from that smell.

I tried to do a little work, several websites I tried to get to were blocked by the wifi provider as file-sharing. I gave up, went to sleep and left early in the morning.

Stay anywhere but here, sleep in your car if you must. I used to be a regular at IHG hotels, I traveled extensively overseas and would stay at Holiday Inn's and Intercontinentals. This experience has made me question the judgement of IHG, is there no quality control in your hotel chain?

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, sleep in your car
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertInTN
Brian C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and experience. We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during your visit. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. In this case we have fallen short of your expectations. We take all comments and concerns seriously and will be discussing your comments in our next management meeting. Please contact management directly and we will be happy to assist you with your next visit to the area. If you allow us another chance, you will see that we can deliver what you want.
Brian C
Jupiter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was snowed in here in this terrilbe winter (2014) and the Suite was comfortable, well designed, with free wifi and a far above average Kitchen. I checked in more than two hours early (about 1:30 pm) because of the weather, and was accomodated with understandng and no drama or fuss. The Suite had a fine bath, modern facilities, and staff that couldn'b be more helpful. Needless to say, I was impressed with the caliber of this suite hotel available at a more than reasonable price for this area. It is also conveniently located for the area. I've stayed in many hotels with far more stars after their name that are not even close.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

For starters, to understand my rating, I rate hotels against like quality hotels. It isn't fair to judge a Candlewood against a Four Seasons or Ritz property as they would come in at a 3 star or less. I am rating this hotel against other hotels similar in quality/price. I have stayed at a few hotels in the Morris Plains area and at this specific hotel a few times. For the price, it is very comfortable, convenient, and worth it. If you are looking for glamour or high end, go stay in town at the tower and pay twice as much for everything. If you have a long term trip, this place is well worth it.

I do have a suggestion, try to get a room in the 140's on the first floor. This would be on the end of the wing so you can pop right in the side door. Otherwise, you will have a long walk through the front. One thing that impressed me this trip was after a heavy snowstorm, the manager was out cleaning off everyone's car windows and workers shoveled to each car so you didn't have to walk in snow.

Others complain about the service, and I do have one complaint of not getting my room cleaned over three days. However, I called the front desk and they immediately brought clean towels and coffee packs. I have never had a problem here with the staff, all very friendly. Sleep quality is decent, pillows leave something to be desired, but the bed is comfortable, room is always clean, shower and bathroom are always clean.

I also prefer a one bedroom when I stay just to have a break from the bed area.

One thing that did change, the grocery store that was just behind the hotel has moved. I would suggest though going to the new Shop Rite grocery store about 2.5 miles away that just opened. It is huge, new, and has a food court that will rival anything around with just about everything you could want already prepared, hot, fresh, and ready to go. I found this place on my last night, otherwise, I would just stop by here on the way home and get dinner to go. Very reasonable price. If you do stay here, when you go to get out on the main road, do yourself a favor and don't pull out on to the little side street, go back up to the light, hang a right and go to the main intersection, will save you a lot of headache and adrenaline trying to get into traffic.

There is also a Dunkin Doughnut right behind the hotel for morning coffee, the area is safe, nice area to exercise outside when warm, and mainly filled with professionals. I've never had an issue with noise here or anything like that. I wills stay here again.

I would also pick this hotel over the Crowne Plaza just up the road, that is overpriced when compared to this place. They charged $32 for a salad and hamburger and the room was lesser quality. I'll stay here any day over there.

Room Tip: On the first floor, take a room over like 138 and park on the end and pop in the side door, if secon...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Narberth, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

When I arrived at the motel, late at night, the hotel front desk staff person was very nice. I was a bit disappointed that the check-in took quite long - everything was supposed to be ready in advance, as a IHG Gold Customer.
At night, there was a light emanating from a lamp above the stove, which apparently could not be switched off (at least I didn't find how to) and there was no one answering calls to the front desk.
The biggest issue was the front desk waking me at 8 AM because they needed my credit card. I also received several calls from them and from housekeeping, when I was checking out, although it was still before the checkout time. In short - a disappointing experience, unfriendly and rude staff. There are much better motels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Moolieisenbach
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Moolieisenbach,

Ben J
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was given an older room. The problem was that the thermostat was stuck at 88 degrees!! No matter what was tried, 88 degrees! So finally, they helped me move to a better room which was also updated. Once the drama was over, I could enjoy myself and relax. They have a full kitchen which is great. The room was clean. You have to search for the driveway it is extremely hard to find on a little side road and the sign wasn't lit. There are a few nearby attractions and it is a 15 minute drive to downtown Morris. It is also a shopping and restaurant area. I like this brand alot in general. Of the 4 I have stayed at, this is #4. A great perk here is FREE laundry room and they have an exercise room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Some rooms seem to be older.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!