“Surpasses your usual tavern fare”
Review of TABOR ROAD Tavern

TABOR ROAD Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Surpasses your usual tavern fare”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

You would never guess that gourmet food was hiding in a place with the word "tavern" in its name but that's what we discovered here. The food was fresh and delicious. We did have kids with us but luckily they had a "bar menu" and we were able to satisfy some of the less adventurous eaters in our group. The hangar steak just melts in your mouth because it is so tender. My only negative comment was that the coffee is so strong that it was undrinkable to the majority of our dinner party. Bring your wallet and your appetite!

• Visited June 2014

New Jersey
“Delightful Evening!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This restaurant was built not too long ago to look like a 19th century Inn ...and it succeeds! One feels like you are walking into a old tavern, beautiful wood-hewn beams, comfortable booths! The duck was outstanding- best I've ever had, service excellent and prices reasonable. Don't miss it!

• Visited April 2014
Morris Plains, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Tabor Road is one of me and my husbands favorite places to go. The food is always delicious-I usually get fish and my husband gets filet mignon. The service is always fantastic with a knowledgable waitstaff. You will not be dissapointed!

• Visited May 2014
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Nice building; didn't enjoy the service”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

loved next door- Grato, but there, we had a problem with our wines by the glass which didn't taste fresh- I ordered a Cab Sav and my husband a Pinot Noir- problem was resolved nicely- and it seemed as if we should have 1 server when instead 3 or 4 were attending us, none with any real commitment. Our food was great but entrees came out while we were still eating appetizer. Better in a business group, perhaps, than as a couple.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank IslandAmber
Morris County, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,244 helpful votes
“Birthday with the extended family”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a birthday celebration here in the restaurant's private dining room, that was just perfect for our extended family. Our three small grandkids were served their pasta when the adults enjoyed their appetizers. We loved the private room, because the little kids could play with their toys when finished with their simple meal and not disturb other diners in the restaurant's main area. We could then take our time and enjoy our entrees with the kids being kept occupied.
We were a party of six adults, and the room was just the right size for us. We had a great time, everybody raved about their food and our server was very attentive. With all the dessert orders came a happy birthday dessert with a candle, a card signed by the manager, who stopped by as our celebration was winding down. It was really appreciated!
Next day I received a phone call from the restaurant inquiring if everything was to our satisfaction. Needless to say, I was surprised. In one word-classy! I reserved the room weeks in advance, so if you are planing a small gathering I would highly recommended to do the same.There was no extra charge.
This was not a first time we had dinner here, but it was always just my husband and I. We especially love it in the winter, hoping for a table by the fireplace.

• Visited October 2013