“Good sushi for the price”

Aji Sushi Japanese Fusion
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Morris Plains
Cuisines: Japanese
Morristown, NJ
“Good sushi for the price”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Near the Morris Plains train station, the family and I stopped by for a quick bit this past Saturday. We told the staff we were in a hurry and they did got us our food very quickly. Everything was well prepared and tasty. The price was also very reasonable. I would recommend this spot to anyone who asked.

• Visited June 2013

Morristown, New Jersey
“A Sushi Gem!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The BEST, freshest, well-priced sushi in town! When Aji opened up near our home, we had to try it. They have daily specials and unique, scrumptious rolls! You have to try the Dragon Egg - picture perfect! You can bring your own alcohol. There is limited seating, but they have a sushi bar if you like that. Service is always pleasant with a smile, swift and attentive. You can order take-out as well (the website below is an online menu that is subject to change).
Don't miss our diamond in the rough!

• Visited December 2012
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Small but very good Sushi Restaurant in downtown Morris Plains”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Formerly a Chinese restaurant this small but nicely decorated restaurant is close to the Morris Plains train station. It has a good selection of authentic sushi and sashima offerings and also hibachi dishes though not cooked at your table. The staff is very pleasant and efficient. They only take reservations for larger groups so you may have to wait if you arrive at peak time on a Friday or Saturday evening.

The hibachi steak was very good, served with three flavorful dipping sauces. My wife and daughter had the sashima dinner that they say was excellent, with very fresh fish.

We will certainly be back. A nice addition to the Morris Plains dining scene.

• Visited February 2013
NYC, NY
“Tiny place earns big okays”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

It's easy to miss this small storefront on busy Speedwell Ave. within a 5 minute walk of the train-station in Morris Plains. It's almost directly across from Arthur's, a big steakhouse that advertises a lot, if you need a landmark. Besides being so close for rail commuters, it also boasts free parking in back for motorists and is a BYOB restaurant. The service is friendly and efficient and while the kitchen has a deft hand with tempura, udon and grilled items, it's the sushi that will draw me back. The portions are quite decent and the fish quite fresh. The tuna, yellow-tail, scallops, salmon roe were all spot-on tasty. Our son gave the two special sushi rolls that he had an emphatic thumbs-up. A previous reviewer mentioned their house salad dressing and it might be the best I've had at a Japanese restaurant. This is the equal of any Morristown sushi restaurant, without the parking hassles or traffic jams

• Visited October 2012
Montclair, New Jersey
“My favorite lunch spot”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This started out as a place I went during my lunch break and quickly became one of my favorite restaurants which I now drive to from home when I have a craving. The noodle soups are fantastic and my favorite. Their pad Thai is excellent (especially considering this isn't a Thai restaurant). The fried rice is delicious. Portion sizes are perfect.