“This is the worst place in the world.”

Red Carpet Inn Morris Plains
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morris Plains
Red Carpet Inn Morris Plains
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Denvillle, NJ
“This is the worst place in the world.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

You would not believe the attitude of the staff at this hotel. I called to make a reservation on 11/25/08 for a family member. The reservation's clerk told me that they would not make a third-partly reservation over the phone unless I sent them a faxed copy of my credit card and photo- identification, or stopped at the hotel in person.

I asked the clerk to reserve a room for 11/27/08 until I could stop on the next day. The clerk said that there would be no problem and to stop by the next day.

I called the the hotel inb the evening of 11/26/08 to tell the clerk that I was stopping by to make the third party reservation as instructed the day before. The clerk told me that that the person who would do this was gone for the day and I could not make a third party reservation.

I asked to make a reservation for myself. The clerk originally agreed to do this and took my information for a 11/27/08 reservation. The clerk called back shorlty afterwards and told me that "since I could not not take instructions like an adult" that they would not rent a room to me.

Surreal too much....

• Liked — Stay away
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank 9752forester

Berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2007

The price was the No. 1 reason to stay a night there before we went to NYC. And it was one disturbing experience. The unfriendlyness of the people at the desk was breathtaking, the 2nd sentene we heard was a threat that if more than the 2 regestered people were "detected" in the room we would be thrown out. What a warm welcome for tourists from Europe! But the dirty room was even worse. We left that strange place without catching a major desease, that's the good news.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirt
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boehrenfeld

Travellers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

boise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

As soon as we explained that we booked through an online provider, the hotel became uncooperative. Apparently a prior guest had booked online, prepared to stayed there several nights. After the first night, that traveler had a confrontation with the front desk, asking to cancel the rest of their reservation, and then refused to pay the tab because their accommodations were so terrible and their customer service was poor.

The price advertised online was higher than the price on their billboard, and they refused to match the lower price since it was booked through an online provider.

There were bed bugs.

Internet was dial-up only. Ancient technology in terms of today's market. This was not mis-advertised, but it became just a part of the entire awful experience. It was super slow.

• Liked — it happened to be in the same town as my meeting
  • Disliked — pretty much everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
#8 of 16 in Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
#11 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Red Carpet Inn Morris Plains? Share your experiences!