Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington(Mount Arlington)
US$148
ExtendedStay
US$91
Priceline
US$89
All reviewscracker barreldunkin donutsfamily visitfree breakfastnew york cityhot tuba great place to staythe entire hotelking roombusiness travelerwould highly recommend this hotelbed was very comfortablenice roomvery nice hotelbusiness tripsaunadesk
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We had stayed at another local hotel recently that was twice the price and half the amenities and service. We couldn't believe what a great value it was to stay here in a King Jacuzzi Suite with Fireplace (which I highly recommend). The room was large, but not ridiculously large- just right. There was a separate television that we could watch while in the Jacuzzi or chair with ottoman next to the Jacuzzi, which was a great feature. The bed was huge and very comfortable, as were the pillows provided (one firm and one soft for each of us). The tub was clean as was the bathroom and the remainder of the room. We found that we could not order movies which was a little disappointing since we wanted to watch some new releases, but other than that, we had everything we could possibly want. I think that our suite was right next to another King Jacuzzi suite, which is kind of awkward if someone were staying in it since it's such a large room and a wall is shared, but during our stay I don't believe it was occupied. We went out for dinner and breakfast the next morning to local restaurants- everything is so convenient to the hotel, it's wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers of all types! We will certainly be staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: The King Jacuzzi Suite with Fireplace is an excellent value and a wonderful room! Ours was on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I usually don't use this brand--there are others out there that give better value--but this one was a pleasant surprise. Very comfortable room. Immaculately clean. Desk and service staff were very friendly and accomodating. Their evening reception spread of pasta was surprisingly good and completely unexpected. Breakfast, which has become somewhat standardize in this class of hotels, had a couple of nice touches. I will be back.

Your 'headed out on I80' pal,

Davy

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Very nice, clean, comfortable location. I highly recommend if in the area. Close to good food locations and the Rockaway Mall. Will definately stay here when back in the area again to visit my family.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I just got married 2 days ago at Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta, and used the HIE in Mt. Arlington, NJ for our hotel rooms and after party. Linda Dora and the entire staff were amazing at coordinating each detail up to and throughout the wedding weekend (including- shuttle service, after party, breakfast etc.). The rooms were clean and spacious and the meeting room was just what we needed for our 50 person after party. We were definitely not quiet but we had no problem enjoying ourselves until 3 am without a complaint. The bridal suite is beautiful with a fireplace and very large 2 person jacuzzi tub.

I highly recommend staying here, and especially recommend it for large bridal parties who may be getting married in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel was very cleans and the rooms were a great size. The room I was in had a King sized bed along with a pullout couch and refrigerator. Be warned that the rooms darkening blinds do not shut all the way, so if you like your room dark you won't get that here.

The staff here was so unprofessional, when I went to check into the hotel I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come to the front desk. There was just no one at the desk. When the woman finally arrived she was unapologetic and she seemed like I was inconveniencing her. I was also woken up 3 times by housekeeping starting at 8:15 am. I kept telling the woman not to come back, but all she could say was "I don't speak English". When I finally called the front desk they said they would do something about it and hung up. Needless to say that I couldn't get back to sleep and left immediately.

Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dks61885
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear dks61885,

Thank you for your stay with us and leaving a review. We are happy that you found the hotel clean and room size suitable to your needs. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel check in staff and housekeeping staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Your privacy is important to us and it is unacceptable for anyone to enter your room without announcing themselves. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to mount Arlington.

Zelyn N