Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
US$109
US$91
US$85
Priceline
All reviewswedding weekendflatbreadrehearsal dinnerwedding guestsfront desk staffthe entire stafffamily eventfridge and microwavebusiness travelerstaying at this hotelup to datecomfortable roomsnew jerseythe general managernice staybistromarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Attended a wedding in the area. The staff is pleasant. The hotel is very modern, clean and quiet. The rooms were very spacious. The beds comfortable. Had an excellent night's sleep after an 8 hour drive to N.J. from Virginia. The lounge area is very nice and open for late night drinks. Near the highway. Very picturesque area with lakes, marinas and windy country roads. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear "MagVeg", Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us! My team and I strive to provide our valued guests the very best that hospitality has to offer and we appreciate the kind words about our great staff, modern & clean facility and we are so pleased that you were able to get an "excellent" nights' sleep!! We hope to see you again soon! Have an excellent summer.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is a nice clean hotel. It is in a great location. Right off the highway exit. This was a plus to us.

The hotel is very clean, and the beds were wonderful. Very quiet for a good nights sleep.

Check in and check out was a breeze

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear "lovetotravelandread", Thank you for your recent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! You are 100% correct - our excellent location is convenient to Route 80 and thank you for recognizing the hotels' cleanliness - My team and I appreciate your positive feedback as we work extremely hard to ensure that each and every guest receives the very best that hospitality has to offer! We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The customer service was excellent! The assistant manager was Erica Berglind and she was outstanding! Anything I needed she provided for me. My rental broke down at one point and she took the time to check on me to make sure I was ok. The hotel was clean and the lounge was customer friendly. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa A
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear "Lisa A", Thank you for your recent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! My team and I appreciate your positive feedback as we work extremely hard to ensure that each and every guest receives the very best that hospitality has to offer! I agree that Erica is "outstanding" too! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Mt. Arlington for weeks as a long-term stay To Begin with the hotel is beautiful. The renovations are modern in design/decor, but are very suitable and geared towards the business traveler as well as a family atmosphere or weekend get away. It's kind of like a home away from home for me. complete with a big living room with wi-fi, several computer workstations, televisions, a bar and restaurant area.
. the hotel is super-clean, very comfortable and quiet. The bistro offers a selection of items that are cooked quickly and efficiently- and the staff in the bistro is the best!!. It is also reasonably priced- as a long term guest on a budget who has to pay lodging and food costs, i love the fact that Its afforadable as well as convienient , and did i mention how good the food is!!!. They also have a managers happy hour, you recieve a free apppetizer and drink. BUT< the hotel's greatest asset is their staff. Their energy is great- they always have smiles on their faces and are happy to see me , know my name and always ask how i am doing. They have mastered an appropriate blend of friendliness and professionalism, which is important to me who spends a significant amount of time at the hotel alone. I don't always feel like sitting in my room...it's nice to have a lounge to go into and make small talk with the staff. Front desk staff is also wonderful, they are very knowledgeable, helpful and were willing to go above and beyond to make me as comfortable as possible.
THe Marriott chain is pretty lucky to have them....right down to the Havier & Genero who brought a fridge to my room without asking because he knew I was long term, and who smiles and shakes my hand me everytime he sees me in the hallway...and the housekeeping crew led by Carmen & Havier who hooked me up everyday without having to request., you will never see a better housekeeping staff even at the RITZ.

I absolutely Love this place and the people there are now like family. That speaks volumes and i assure you, when a hotel feels like home its the best !!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear "passive", Thank you for your recent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! My team and I appreciate your positive feedback as we work extremely hard to ensure that each and every guest receives the very best that hospitality has to offer! Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here for a company function, this is not a "destination" hotel. That said, it is comfortable, courteous, and competent. The only shortcoming was the cafe; few expect five star service for breakfast, but here the staff pushed the boundaries of surly. In a state (New Jersey) that prides itself on its diners, it might be better to eat elsewhere. Otherwise it maintains a standard of hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business