“Marriott--ideal for our wedding guests”

Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Arlington
Long Valley, New Jersey, United States
“Marriott--ideal for our wedding guests”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I selected the Courtyard by Marriott for our out of town guests coming to my daughter's wedding. I was impressed by Jareen Martin's calm, efficient, responsive and friendly manner and the attractive lobby and rooms. She guided me through all the steps needed from cards in the invitations to a website for the couple to bus transportation to the wedding venue. Our guests were pleased and I was a relaxed mother of the bride. Sue Swanson

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue S
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear "Sue S", Thank you for the excellent Trip Advisor review and congratulations on your daughter's wedding!! We truly appreciate your feedback and I must agree - Jareen Martin is a tremendous asset to my team!! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am planning my wedding nearby and this hotel has been nothing but accomidating. Jareen is so helpful and has gotten back to me within a day or two with every question we have had. Everything has been reasonable from the breakfast to the buses to and from my wedding. The hotel is clean and the bar/bistro area is newly re-done and large enough to hold my guests at after the weddding. Very affordable. Great hotel and great staff. I would recommend to any bride having a wedding nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toni L
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear "Toni L", Thank you for the excellent Trip Advisor review and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Jareen is a true asset to my Sales Team and you are in excellent hands working with her! Have an excellent day and thanks again!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I just had my second visit to this Courtyard location, which is conveniently just off of I-80. The first time I visited, they were re-doing and painting the exterior and seemed to be re-doing some of the interior so I skipped my review. As someone else noted, they have a nicely remodeled, expansive lobby/bistro area. I too was impressed by the space devoted as it beats some of the cramped spaces in newer Courtyard locations. Since I've been a loyal Marriott member for many years, I've grown accustomed to free breakfast, and the breakfast sandwich I ordered, along with a regular coffee, didn't measure up to the $12 tab. The rooms are nice, spacious and clean, the only downside being a dial adjusted heating/cooling unit that just seemed impossible to get right and mad it hard to sleep. I do like my wall mounted thermostats that I can dial in a temperature to. Over all, a good place and very convenient to I-80 makes me think I'd stay again when I'm in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian D
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear "IanD", Thank you for your review! I am happy to inform you that we have recently completed the renovations to our hotels' exterior and the building looks excellent! Thank you for being a loyal Marriott member for many years! We do hope to see you again soon!
Wenonah
Reviewed 1 August 2013

As always this Hotel continues to provide excellent place to stay. The facility has been kept in great condition on the interior and exterior, with recent up-grades . Very clean and staffed with a professional staff that are very helpful and always with a smile. Room rates are reasonable and comparable to other facilities in the area. Very conviently located right off of Route 80. Easy Off and On ramp within a 1/4 mile of facility. Also with adequate gas stations and eateries close by, some within walking distance.

Room Tip: Book your reservation early for weekend travel. This facility books alot of wedding rooms and does g...
Green Features: The staff was very helpful and professional. The facity does recycle
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frank W
Dear "FrankW", Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! My team and I strive to offer our valued guests with an excellent place to stay and it is clear that we accomplished our mission! Thank you for staying with us!
Wakefield, RI
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Convenient location off I-80. Approximately 15 yr old building, formerly a Sheraton. Nice expansive lobby/bistro area. I've stayed in 300+ Courtyard's, I was impressed by the space devoted as it beckons the business or recreational traveler to relax. As in all CY's, there is no free breakfast, just free internet and parking. Friendly and accommodating staff to greet you. Rooms were clean, much roomier space-wise then I've been accustomed to. Fridge, fast internet, tiny bathroom which was a bit odd given how much square footage the overall room had. I was a little bit put off by the musty smell, could be mold, could be the humidity, I couldn't tell. A/C-Heat units are the older version by the window, not the typical digitally controlled thermostat you usually find in CY's. No restaurants within walking distance but the hotel offers a nicely compiled list of nearby choices. We went for Muldoon's, an Irish pub with above average fare, 12 minute drive. 40 mins from Newark Airport, so logistically suitable for business travelers with nearby destinations, or the leisure traveler at any time, as it seems family friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank edtoby007
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear "edtoby007", Thank you for the recent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! We appreciate the positive feedback, noting our "friendly and accommodating staff", expansive lobby / Bistro and the cleanliness of our newly renovated guest-rooms! Thank you for staying with us!
Hewitt, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our daughter recently got married and our family (21 rooms worth) stayed overnight at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington. We had a wonderful time!! It was an extremely clean hotel and the staff was attentive to our every need. Check in was a breeze and we were all able to get in our rooms earlier than the normal check in time. Everything we asked for....we received. From housekeeping to management, the staff was approachable, kind, and ready to help. Thank you Jareen, Sharon, the bartender, housekeeping, the gentleman that brought us the stools that we asked for, the front desk, the kitchen staff and waitresses who made and served an delicious breakfast the next day, and everyone else that our family came in contact with at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington. You know how to make a family feel at home!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank k p
Dear "kp", Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!! Thank you for the excellent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! My team and I love to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests as we work hard every day to offer our guests the very best that hospitality has to offer. We appreciate the feedback regarding the hotel's cleanlines and service that you and your 21 rooms received from my team and that we "know how to make a family feel at home"! Thank you for staying with us!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was in town along with 12 other families for a softball tournament. The hotel was very fexible on our last day in letting us notify them at the last moment if we were staying another night or checking out.

Lobby is great, l though they do not like people sitting in the dining area if you are not eating or drinking for the bistro. The bistro has an ice selection of items for all meals and drinks too. The items are quite good, but it is a little on the pricey side. You are paying for the convenience however.

Pool area is nice, but does get warm if the sun is bearing down. It is nice if they allow you to open the sliding doors.

They have a courtyard area with a gazebo off of the pool area which is a great touch to enjoy some food or drinks and some conversation.

No complaints on the rooms. They include a sizable refrigerator. Rooms were clean at all times and had ample space to move around in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 315Rob44
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear "315Rob44", I would like to thank you for your review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott. My team and I truly appreciate all of the positive priase and as we work hard to provide our valued guests with the level of excellence each and every day! We hope to see you again at next year's tournament. Thanks again and I hope you have an excellent day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Arlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake

Been to Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington? Share your experiences!