“Lunch break”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Shamong, New Jersey
“Lunch break”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had been summoned for jury duty at the Mt. Holly Court house and was looking for something a step up from the basement coffee shop. Another juror had found High Street Grill and since we were in the midst of the Polar Vortex and since High Street was only 2 minutes away, we decided to brave the elements. We were there for lunch on a Thursday and the restaurant wasn't at all crowded but the server, aware of our time constraint, served us promptly. My lunch partner had an appetizer titled Pork Belly Dumpling which turned out to be an upscale version of Chinese won ton soup. She said it was delicious, but not as filling as she would have liked for $13. I had a smoked brisket sandwich with caramelized onions that came with a small side salad and home made chips for $12. This plate was VERY filling!

• Visited January 2014

Plainsboro, NJ
“Good beer, bad food...”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I liked the ambiance and the separate dining area upstairs, but that was about it. Food was mediocre at best. My $6.75 side Caesar salad was small, full of old lettuce, had only 3 croutons and was tossed in a bland thin dressing. My $11 burger was way too much meat, probably half a pound; the mushrooms and onions were mushy, and I could barely taste the cheddar. I'd like to see them use half as much meat and add a fancy mayo or sauce. Very disappointing meal, I left hungry.

The server was very polite and knowledgable about the beer and food pairings.

I won't be going back, it was terribly overpriced for such bad food.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Al”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a memorable dinner last week. Our server Kim provided excellent suggestions for pairing with the courses, and was all around a gracious server. The menu lived up to the new American cuisine emphasis, and local-sourced ingredients, and it took some time to make final decisions on what to get. The fish & chips, reuben sandwich, and scallops with pork belly hit all the right notes. The cheese plate appetizer had three great selections from Cherry Grove. We split a rich, perfectly glazed creme brulee for dessert. I salute the McDevitts and new chef Jon Slack for a great experience. We aim to try a wine-paired dinner next time. For a restaurant with an unpretentious name, in a relatively off-the-beaten track location, the High Street Grill is a winner!

• Visited November 2013
HIlton Head Island
“Lived up to our expectations”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We selected this after reading reviews. We certainly did not want to eat at a chain after traveling for a month. Great staff, outstanding food and wine and nice cozy atmosphere upstairs. We would happily go back if we were ever in the area again. Mount Holly also looked like it would be a fun town to explore.

• Visited August 2013
Mt Laurel, NJ
“Pub with great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Don't miss this small pub that serves an excellent assortment of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. Our bartender/server, Matt, was certainly patient as we asked a lot of questions about the beers on the menu. The craft beer list was terrific and my wife enjoyed the wine too. Televisions have sports on while the background music sets a terrific atmosphere. Had a great evening and know you will too.

• Visited July 2013