All reviews cracker barrel parking lot indoor pool nice breakfast room was clean new jersey desk clerk the breakfast area fresh fruit first floor very nice hotel easy access convenient location bagels applebees bw pets
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed for 2 nights along with a big group. There was a definite smell of smoke in the hallway and in the "non-smoking" room we had reserved but when we requested another room it smelled just as bad so we just stayed in the first room. We got some Febreeze from maintenance and sprayed it again and again.
The breakfast was pretty good. The staff was very accommodating to the large group and allowed us to order in some dinner for the kids and eat it in the breakfast area which we cleaned up after we were done. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance that were okay and a big mall with a movie multi-plex is also very close.
It is a budget hotel and for the price it isn't bad.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Looper745
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Room smelled of previous animals. Neighbors dogs started barking after they checked in in the evening. Owners probably left the room for the evening, and dogs were still barking at midnight. When I called the front desk, for the third time, they tell me that the people are not in their room and not answering the phone # they left. So after midnight we moved to another room far away from the barking dogs next door, so we could get some sleep. I was told they would probably never change their PET FRIENDLY policy because they make a lot of money on it. I will never return becaue I value a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sleepytraveler23
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Luckily we only stayed here for one night. We almost left in the middle of the night anyway.

The hotel itself is what you'd expect from a budget hotel ... very, very basic of course. Yes it does smell like cigarette smoke and the towels are like sandpaper. But, it was clean and the continental breakfast was OK. I've slept on worse beds and we knew we were only staying for one night so it was tolerable in that respect.

But .. the walls are very, very thin. We could hear everything our neighbors were saying. And that's where the problems began. Our neighbors went out for the night and came back around 1 a.m. and decided to have a party in their room. Yelling, cursing ... you get the idea. The "F" word every other sentence. My husband called down to the front desk and asked them to send someone up. The front desk called the partiers and asked them to keep it down which did no good. Make a long story short, three phone calls to the front desk and a visit to the desk by my husband begging them to move us or do something, anything, about it and we were denied. The front desk told they wouldn't do anything to help us. Nothing. So, be aware of this if you're travelling with your family that the walls are very thin and don't expect any help from the hotel if you're stuck in a similar situation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank gwenandjason
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I can't believe the recent good reviews of this hotel. I have never reviewed a hotel before. But, felt I had too for this one.
This was, by far, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The walls are paper thin. We thought we could handle hearing our neighbors conversations, but not when one of the neighboring rooms started partying at 1am!! I complained to the front desk several times for an hour. He refused to do anything about it..."they're part of a large group" (all about money, of course) and could not move us because the hotel was full.
The "breakfast" was a joke. The room can only hold about 20 people and it was overflowing. The room is down a set of stairs and not wheelchair accessable (my daughter is disabled). Find another hotel!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason1436
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Anyone who has ever taken a road trip with me knows that I travel with one of those free maps from the Cracker Barrel in my car. Why? Because when you're in a pinch and don't know where to stop, you can usually find a reasonably priced chain type hotel next to a Cracker Barrel directly off a highway exit.

And that's exactly how I stumbled upon the Best Western in Mt. Holly NJ. It was late after a long drive from Boston that afternoon, and I was tired & hungry. Got a great walk-up rate ~$80 and a good room. And choice of dinner at either Cracker Barrel or Applebees, both in the parking lot.

The room at the BW was pretty basic, but comfortable. We were only staying overnight so didn't have much use for any of this, but the room came equipped with a fridge, coffee maker & microwave, and a table with a couple of reasonably comfortable chairs if you brought any food back. The coffee/tea service for the breakfast area was also still available when we arrived late - not sure if this is normally 24x7.

Beds were comfortable, and the rooms were fairly quiet, so I got a good night's sleep which was the plan. Temperature was easy to control with an in-room unit.

The water pressure was practically non-existent though, so I'm not sure I would stay here for any extended period. It took a long time for me to get my hair wet, and then clean, and I don't have terribly long or thick hair.

Continental breakfast was a bit more than expected, and they kept it freshly stocked. In addition to standard pastries, toast, etc., there was cereal, fruit and make your own waffle. It was just the thing before hitting the road again.

• Stayed: April 2010