“smoking or non smoking” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn

BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Holly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Walked into our room, my daughter went to use the restroom and called me because the toilet seat was filthy. It was if someone peed on the seat and it dried. I cleaned it. Then we all (four of us) had to get showers but had towels and wash cloths for 2. The phone in the room did not work so I used my cell and called and he told me it was only him to come down and pick them up! In the end someone did deliver them quickly. We went to dinner and came back exhaused from a day at the ballfield only to find out my sheets were dirty. They had not been changed!!!!!! hair and some crusty stuff on them. I called (from my cell) again to only be told that he would bring me sheets but i had to change them myself because he was alone! I laughed thinking it must be a joke and told him the he will be alone changing my sheets because I would not! He did send a lovely, kind woman Tanya to change the sheets and the manager Penny was very accomodating the next morning and did not charge us for the room. Thank goodness! It truly was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. The entire hotel was FILTHY. Not to mention the smell of cigarette smoke that comes through the vents. I went in knowing it was not going to be a great hotel but this was beyond bad. Breakfast was decent that is a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
995PennyT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Rutherford, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Pay the extra to go somewhere else! This place is in shambles! Rude staff, not cleanly, bad ammenities!

I usually stay at this hotel when visiting my sister. Over the years my stays have gotten worse. During my most recen stay, this past weekend, I called over the phone to book a room for me and my family. I emphasized the fact that the room absolutely must be non-smoking because my boys are asthmatic.

Upon check-in I'm notified that the indoor pool is closed for maintenance. At this point I'm upset already because that is one of the biggest reasons we kept coming to this hotel, for their indoor heated pool. Now I have to break the hearts of my 4 and 6 year old. It would have been nice to hear that when booking the room. We would have booked somewhere else. I get over it and move on into our room. As soon as I open the door I smell of tabacco hit me like a ton of bricks. Immediately I asked for another room and was given a hard time because according to the reservation, I didn't mention non-smoking. At that point I was smoking!

So we walk into our second room, where upon entering there is a dead roach belly up on the bathroom floor, the shower curtain rod was hanging off it's last thread, literally, no blankets on the bed (just a flat sheet and cover), dust bunnies hanging off the ceiling (I just grabbed a towel and wiped them off as much as I could) and the microwave was not working. I was furious at this point and didn't want to deal with the front desk again nor ruin the weekend for my family so we went through the night with the discrepancies.

The breakfast was nice, waffles, fruit, bagels, yogurt, and more. It was a very pleasant spread.

So we're ready to go home and I go to check-out. Lori, the "front desk manager" waits to finish her conversation with another employee about how she's from the "hood" before she acknowledges me. She takes my key cards and hands me a receipt. I'm walking out the door and realize, she gave me someone else's receipt. I bring it back to her and she says that I told her the wrong room number thats why. I never even gave her a room number so I don't why she said that. After a little eyeball rolling, she finally gave me that correct room receipt, never acknowledged her mistake, never appologized for any of the inconveniences, and didn't even say "thank you" or anything costumer service like at all.

Needless to say, I will never come back here again. This place has gone down the toilet. My one night stay cost me $105.00 and was not worth it at all. There is a brand new hotel behind this one that costs $30 more and I will most deffinately check that one out next time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank diana s

Travellers are raving about these Mount Holly hotels

Mount Holly, New Jersey, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I found the hotel very convenient for my monthly trip. People were very helpful and friendly. The only issue I have is the rooms needed to be cleaned earlier and replaced with supplies including the coffee maker. Overall I feel very safe and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Palmer, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had some issues during our stay here. First they overcharged me. She took my card and started telling me how much it was per night and I said I had already made a reservation. She quoted me a price and was charging my card as she was telling me!! I stated, NO that is not what my reservation (which she claimed she couldn't find in the system) said the amount would be and I had to retrieve the paperwork (thank god I printed it out!!). She then said she would put a refund through (which took 3 days). The next two days after this our cards did not work and we had to go to the front desk to get it straightened out. The response for this was "this happens sometimes". Seriously??
Our room had disgusting carpet in it and there was no latch or lock on the bathroom door. We also did not have any blankets on our beds, just sheet and bedspread. In addition, there are no key locks on the outside doors which means anyone could just come right into the hotel from any entrance--even the pool area. The ONLY 2 good thing about this hotel was that we were allowed to have our dog with us.....OH which by the way.....the web site did not mention that having our pet would be an extra $5 a night!! And the housekeeping staff respected our wishes about not coming in and bothering our dog. Therefore, every morning they would always ask if we needed anything.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Good value, clean, comfortable. Location quiet but not far off the highway. Used it as a stepping stone to Philadelphia.
However, beware of the service charge for Cable TV. It was never mentioned, just added to our bill as "service charge". It was only $1.99 +tax, but it's just one more thing to watch out for.
We didn't even use the TV.
Ask about extra charges before you sign when you check-in.
I would stay there again, still good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the top floor, away from the ice machine