“Need to close, repair, clean, and update-Nasty place!”

Best Western Burlington Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Holly
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stay at Best Western hotels frequently and have usually been happy with the results. Not this time!! The hallway going to my room was filthy. The lock on the door was broken. The lamp had a burned spot, the pillows had suspicious yellow spots, the sheets were bare in spots, the carpet was matted and filthy (even tho it had been deodorized), the tables were sticky, the towels were thin and small. I wore socks on the carpet to protect my feet, and put one of the small thin towels across the bedside stand so that I wouldn't get germs. There was no soundproofing and a family of 15 was across the hall from me. They were going in and out of the room constantly, yelling in the hallway, and slamming the door. I didn't get to sleep until they did...I trusted that the name "Best Western: meant something. Not this time!! Doesn't Best Western ever inspect these places? I should have slept in my car or at a rest stop. Nasty place!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here is my best advice!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank susan757

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Horribly managed and run hotel. Dirty, smelly, unsecure, Spent first three hours there calling other hotels to find another place. My kids didn't want to walk on the carpet, sleep in the bed or turn the lights off. Can't disagree. Pool closed for maintenance yet people were swimming in a pool with no pumps running. Fire alarm in the middle of the night. Cigarette burns in the bedding immediately visible. Exterior access doors didn't shut, so no key necessary to get in hotel at all hours. The Best Western organization should be embarrassed and should revoke the franchise here, hurts their brand. Who ever owns this has no business running a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 8of8
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is really surprising that the Best Western organization is tolerating a filthy place like that under its banner. Carpets super dirty and stained, rooms dirty, no hot breakfast (but who would want to eat there anyway), employees unpleasant, one can try to find a positive side, there's none. Even the room maid was looking filthy.
I have to admit that we stopped there for the night because we had passed by and we were trusting the name Best Western. But there are exception to every rule.
So go anywhere else, sleep in your car if needed, but don't go there. No matter the price ask, it's a rip-off.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank André F
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I left NYC late at night headed south planning to visit Washington, DC the next day. Everything was booked and the only room we could find was at the Best Western. I don't even know what to say, it was filthy and smelled of urine and cigarette smoke. Walking down the hall on the lobby level to our room, I had never seen such filth and most of the doorjams looked as if someone had use a crowbar to break the doors open. It only got worse as we got into our room. There was rat droppings behind the sink, which is just a pedastal sink with nowhere to put your toiletry,there was no heat and this was on April 23 and it was in the 30's that night. Called the front desk about it and was told I just didn't know how to use it. As it was already 11 p.m, we just went to bed. We did have this silly looking fireplace on the wall and kept it on all night, by the time we got up the next morning, it was warm enough to get a quick shower and get dressed before freezing. They have a free breakfast, which there was no way I was eating after seeing all the filth. When we checked out, we were not asked how our stay was and I told the lady working the desk that everything was filthy, that there was rat droppings in the bathroom of our room, everything smelled of urine and we had not heat, and she literally looked at us, smiled and said "thank you have a nice day". I was totally blown away at their total disregard for cleanliness and this is a hotel that charged us more than $150 for one night. I made my husband stop on the way to our hotel in Silver Spring, MD and I bought a small bottle of bleach and when we got to the hotel, we both put bleach in our bath water and bathed in it first thing. I felt so filthy after staying in this cesspool and am not wondering what disease we may have.

Room Tip: Stay away from Best Western Hotels, they are filthy, expensive and should be demolished!!!!
1  Thank Dovie P
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Walked into our room, my daughter went to use the restroom and called me because the toilet seat was filthy. It was if someone peed on the seat and it dried. I cleaned it. Then we all (four of us) had to get showers but had towels and wash cloths for 2. The phone in the room did not work so I used my cell and called and he told me it was only him to come down and pick them up! In the end someone did deliver them quickly. We went to dinner and came back exhaused from a day at the ballfield only to find out my sheets were dirty. They had not been changed!!!!!! hair and some crusty stuff on them. I called (from my cell) again to only be told that he would bring me sheets but i had to change them myself because he was alone! I laughed thinking it must be a joke and told him the he will be alone changing my sheets because I would not! He did send a lovely, kind woman Tanya to change the sheets and the manager Penny was very accomodating the next morning and did not charge us for the room. Thank goodness! It truly was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. The entire hotel was FILTHY. Not to mention the smell of cigarette smoke that comes through the vents. I went in knowing it was not going to be a great hotel but this was beyond bad. Breakfast was decent that is a plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
995PennyT, General Manager at Best Western Burlington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Pay the extra to go somewhere else! This place is in shambles! Rude staff, not cleanly, bad ammenities!

I usually stay at this hotel when visiting my sister. Over the years my stays have gotten worse. During my most recen stay, this past weekend, I called over the phone to book a room for me and my family. I emphasized the fact that the room absolutely must be non-smoking because my boys are asthmatic.

Upon check-in I'm notified that the indoor pool is closed for maintenance. At this point I'm upset already because that is one of the biggest reasons we kept coming to this hotel, for their indoor heated pool. Now I have to break the hearts of my 4 and 6 year old. It would have been nice to hear that when booking the room. We would have booked somewhere else. I get over it and move on into our room. As soon as I open the door I smell of tabacco hit me like a ton of bricks. Immediately I asked for another room and was given a hard time because according to the reservation, I didn't mention non-smoking. At that point I was smoking!

So we walk into our second room, where upon entering there is a dead roach belly up on the bathroom floor, the shower curtain rod was hanging off it's last thread, literally, no blankets on the bed (just a flat sheet and cover), dust bunnies hanging off the ceiling (I just grabbed a towel and wiped them off as much as I could) and the microwave was not working. I was furious at this point and didn't want to deal with the front desk again nor ruin the weekend for my family so we went through the night with the discrepancies.

The breakfast was nice, waffles, fruit, bagels, yogurt, and more. It was a very pleasant spread.

So we're ready to go home and I go to check-out. Lori, the "front desk manager" waits to finish her conversation with another employee about how she's from the "hood" before she acknowledges me. She takes my key cards and hands me a receipt. I'm walking out the door and realize, she gave me someone else's receipt. I bring it back to her and she says that I told her the wrong room number thats why. I never even gave her a room number so I don't why she said that. After a little eyeball rolling, she finally gave me that correct room receipt, never acknowledged her mistake, never appologized for any of the inconveniences, and didn't even say "thank you" or anything costumer service like at all.

Needless to say, I will never come back here again. This place has gone down the toilet. My one night stay cost me $105.00 and was not worth it at all. There is a brand new hotel behind this one that costs $30 more and I will most deffinately check that one out next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn & Suites Westampton-Mount Holly
Best Western Bordentown Inn
Best Western Bordentown Inn
#2 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Best Western Burlington Inn? Share your experiences!