“Yikes”

Best Western Burlington Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Holly
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Drive right by and head to the Hilton garden suites. We drove in here at midnight, looked at 2 rooms, and walked right out. Moldy showers, ceilings falling down, light fixtures hanging off the walls. Didn't dare look at the bedding! I don't know what's going on here, but it's not hosteling.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Momomax

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Stayed here with a soccer team for a local tournament from 7/12-7/14. Horrible musty, stall cigarette smell as you enter the lobby. Reserved room 3 weeks prior, had confirmation #, yet person at check-in desk had no record of my reservation. After about 20 minutes, he agreed to give me another room but at a higher rate than our group rate...that's when I should have ran to another hotel! But we stayed so that we would be with the team. I learned later that other guests checking in that same day received a rate lower than our team, not sure how their room pricing works. The carpets throughout the hotel were dirty and stained. The musty, stall cigarette smell was worse in our room. The sheets and towels had that awful smell too. Some of the carpets in the rooms were damp and when guests asked for a dehumidifier, the front desk said that they couldn't help them. A teammate's family asked for another towel and staff told them only 2 towels per room, even if there were 3 people staying in a room. No lighting in rear parking lot, back doors left unlocked, and no security. Late Saturday night, way past midnight, people running down the halls, slamming doors....some kind of party going on and no staff at the hotel to stop the shenanigans . I don't think the tables in the lobby area, where guests eat complimentary breakfast, were cleaned. Crumbs and sticky syrup at 9pm at night. We opted out of the breakfast, I wasn't comfortable eating the food here, but fortunately there was a Cracker Barrel and Applebees within walking distance.
This hotel needs a thorough cleaning, it is filthy and smells so bad!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francine F
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stay at Best Western hotels frequently and have usually been happy with the results. Not this time!! The hallway going to my room was filthy. The lock on the door was broken. The lamp had a burned spot, the pillows had suspicious yellow spots, the sheets were bare in spots, the carpet was matted and filthy (even tho it had been deodorized), the tables were sticky, the towels were thin and small. I wore socks on the carpet to protect my feet, and put one of the small thin towels across the bedside stand so that I wouldn't get germs. There was no soundproofing and a family of 15 was across the hall from me. They were going in and out of the room constantly, yelling in the hallway, and slamming the door. I didn't get to sleep until they did...I trusted that the name "Best Western: meant something. Not this time!! Doesn't Best Western ever inspect these places? I should have slept in my car or at a rest stop. Nasty place!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here is my best advice!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank susan757
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Horribly managed and run hotel. Dirty, smelly, unsecure, Spent first three hours there calling other hotels to find another place. My kids didn't want to walk on the carpet, sleep in the bed or turn the lights off. Can't disagree. Pool closed for maintenance yet people were swimming in a pool with no pumps running. Fire alarm in the middle of the night. Cigarette burns in the bedding immediately visible. Exterior access doors didn't shut, so no key necessary to get in hotel at all hours. The Best Western organization should be embarrassed and should revoke the franchise here, hurts their brand. Who ever owns this has no business running a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 8of8
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is really surprising that the Best Western organization is tolerating a filthy place like that under its banner. Carpets super dirty and stained, rooms dirty, no hot breakfast (but who would want to eat there anyway), employees unpleasant, one can try to find a positive side, there's none. Even the room maid was looking filthy.
I have to admit that we stopped there for the night because we had passed by and we were trusting the name Best Western. But there are exception to every rule.
So go anywhere else, sleep in your car if needed, but don't go there. No matter the price ask, it's a rip-off.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank André F
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I left NYC late at night headed south planning to visit Washington, DC the next day. Everything was booked and the only room we could find was at the Best Western. I don't even know what to say, it was filthy and smelled of urine and cigarette smoke. Walking down the hall on the lobby level to our room, I had never seen such filth and most of the doorjams looked as if someone had use a crowbar to break the doors open. It only got worse as we got into our room. There was rat droppings behind the sink, which is just a pedastal sink with nowhere to put your toiletry,there was no heat and this was on April 23 and it was in the 30's that night. Called the front desk about it and was told I just didn't know how to use it. As it was already 11 p.m, we just went to bed. We did have this silly looking fireplace on the wall and kept it on all night, by the time we got up the next morning, it was warm enough to get a quick shower and get dressed before freezing. They have a free breakfast, which there was no way I was eating after seeing all the filth. When we checked out, we were not asked how our stay was and I told the lady working the desk that everything was filthy, that there was rat droppings in the bathroom of our room, everything smelled of urine and we had not heat, and she literally looked at us, smiled and said "thank you have a nice day". I was totally blown away at their total disregard for cleanliness and this is a hotel that charged us more than $150 for one night. I made my husband stop on the way to our hotel in Silver Spring, MD and I bought a small bottle of bleach and when we got to the hotel, we both put bleach in our bath water and bathed in it first thing. I felt so filthy after staying in this cesspool and am not wondering what disease we may have.

Room Tip: Stay away from Best Western Hotels, they are filthy, expensive and should be demolished!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Red Roof Inn & Suites Westampton-Mount Holly
Best Western Bordentown Inn
Best Western Bordentown Inn
#2 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Best Western Burlington Inn? Share your experiences!