“Wonderful Surprise!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Kept driving by this restaurant located in a strip mall on Route 73 North between Dunkin Donuts and Verizon. One day we decided to check it out. What a wonderful surprise!

The restaurant is tiny but that I think is part of its charm. The two owners were on premises sharing the cooking and serving responsibilities in the most welcoming way. The shrimp and scallop curry was over the top fabulous, as were the various appetizers and noodle dishes we tried. The sushi and rolls were fresh and tasted divine.

This could become an all time favorite. Give it a try!

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

This place rated #1 in Mt Laurel, so gave it a try....delicious and fresh sushi, presented beautifully. Usually, I avoid sushi made by non Japanese, but this was excellent....Only downside was that miso soup did.not accompany our sushi sets as is traditional....can't win them all. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I would go there every day if I wasn't staying seas away from the United States! Best sushi I've had in the US.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

located in a strip mall, only about 8 tables i think. Surprise that they have good sushi. spicy tuna roll, special rolls are very tasty.

4  Thank andy s
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Went here for lunch with 2 colleagues. We all had sushi. 2 of us had standard sushi rolls and both of us thought that they were excellent. Our third had a roll and a number of nigeri sushi. One complaint was that the Salmon Nigiri was not cut well, with each piece having a lot of silver skin and belly fat on it. It did not look as appetizing. This same diner complained of the large amount of sesame seeds in the sushi rice, though I thought that they were a nice addition. He also complained of the quality of the edamame, though again, I thought that they were fine. We all agreed that the service was not great. The place was only about half full, but there were multiple lags in service and I had to proactively signal her over a number of times. Also, I had ordered three rolls, but they were out of the main ingredient of that roll,but they did not tell me this until my other rolls were delivered, so the roll re-order didn't come until we were all done with our food (this to me is an extention of the questionable service). 2 of us felt that we would come back, the third said that he would not return.