“Convenient, interesting modern property”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
NJ
“Convenient, interesting modern property”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here one night to be close to my son's weekend sport tournament. The location is good. The Ale house restaurant was a nice, bar atmosphere next to the hotel--convenient and pretty good. Starbucks also across parking lot. Right off of highway. The hotel is very modern which I thought was an interesting change. The staff was helpful. The reason for the "average" is because I didn't sleep well due to noisy air conditioner with blowing air right on the bed. I also found a few little spots (including the door that slides out from the wall) that weren't as clean as I'd like. Not terribly offensive, but definitely missed 1-2 details when cleaning. The price was good, so nothing to overly fuss about, but I really needed my sleep that night.......didn't happen.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Aloft Mount Laurel. We hope your son's team did well at the tournament! Thank you for noting our great location and the great restaurants we have within walking distance of the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our modern look and found our talent team very friendly. I am disappointed, however, to hear that you did not sleep well. Our climate controlled HVAC units do turn on and off throughout the night in an effort to conserve energy. And I do apologize for the level of cleanliness in your loft. If you could please email us at aloha@aloftmountlaurel.com and let us know which loft you stayed in, we will be glad to re-inspect the cleanliness of the room for our next guests. Overall, I'm glad you saw value in the price, and had a great experience with our staff and Miller's Ale House. We do hope you'll stay with us again so that we may exceed your expectations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Aloft hotel in Mount Laurel and I have to say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is super trendy. Loved the bedding! Absolutely so comfortable especially the comforter. I don't like those other flimsy comforters at other hotels that are very thin and rough to the touch. The pool was nice although I would have thought it would have been much bigger. The backyard area is really nice. We went right next door to Millers for a few drinks and appetizers. Later on that evening we got hungry, ordered dinner from Millers and they delivered it with no extra charge. The room is very nice. Clean. I like the flat screen television in the room with a lot of channels to choose from. What I liked the best is that this hotel has adjoining rooms for when we stay with the kids. This hotel is good for couples and families. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for your sassy, savvy, 5 star review of the Aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel, NJ! From our trendy atmosphere to the amenities in your guestroom and our award-winning staff, it's our pleasure to always exceed your expectations. We're so glad you had a chance to take a sip in the Splash, hang out in our Backyard, and experience Miller's Ale House next door. Our management company is actually building another Miller's closer to you, in the North Jersey area! We hope to see you again and we look forward to meeting the kids! Make sure that when you make your reservation you ask the reservationist to note that you'd like adjoining rooms so that we can try our best to accommodate that request for you!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have stayed at the Aloft twice now and both times I have dealt with amazing and friendly staff. The rooms are amazing and the fact that they have direct TV available is fabulous. I stay in hotels a lot and I am so sick of the same 30 channels they all offer. Aloft goes above and beyond in every way. Both times I have stayed I have had the pleasure of dealing with Tishante' Jackson at the front desk. She has made my check in, check out, or whatever else I have needed extremely smooth. I do travel with a pet and she has been great at assisting me with that also. Although the hotels I stay at allow pets many of them have not been pet "friendly". Tishante' and the rest of the staff have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to make our stays beyond comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Hi Tina, Thank you for staying with us again. We're so happy that for each stay we were able to exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendless and we're so happy it shows! It would be my pleasure to share your kudos with Tish. We are very proud to have her on our team. Our staff and guests alike are all very friendly which makes Aloft a great place to showcase your pooch. Afterall, animals are family too! We look forward to accommodating you and your furry friend again soon. Best wishes for safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Was going to try and save some $ and stay at super 8 right by the Aloft , went to check in and found the room dirty and smelly left and went right over to Aloft...greeted and graciously accommodated. AS usual clean, spacious, great service and awesome wxyz bar in hotel with DJ and live music, and Millers Ale house next door that serves good pub food till 2am. Another great stay at Aloft! Clean,spacious room with clean, crisp linens. A+

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
I'm so happy your family was well accommodated in a clean, spacious loft with great service! I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere at the W XYZ Bar and the menu at Miller's Ale House next door. We're so pleased you had another sassy, savvy stay with us. A+ guests make it easy to supply A+ service!
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel was generally nice (clean rooms and good value) but the hotel customer service during the evening hours (Marty) was less than desired. Females who approached the service desk received much better service than did the males. Also, the speed dating night in the lobby was weird for a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad saw value in your guestroom amenities, but am disappointed to hear that you did not receive the level of service you expected from our staff. I will forward your email to our General Manager who will address these issues with our front desk. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and deliver a-list service every time.
Wrentham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I just stayed there this week for one night on business. It has kind of a funky vibe and reminded me of some European hotels that I have stayed at, with the Hotel ME in Barcelona, Spain coming to mind. I did not have a chance, because I stayed there for only one night to use all the facilities so this will be more useful for business travelers.

The rooms are clean, pretty spacious and comfortable. Normally, I do not sleep well the first night in a hotel but I slept like a rock here. The beds are very comfortable.

There is a coffee pot in the room which for me is an absolute necessity. I also liked the fact that the two bottles of water in the room were complimentary, which seems to be a rare thing these days.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but you can order room service from the place next door. I ordered my meal and it was delivered within 25 minutes and it was pretty good and not overly priced. There is a small area in the lobby where you can buy pre-made sandwiches and salads, fruit, etc along with sodas. You can also buy some breakfast sandwiches in the morning and they have cereal, yogurt, bagels, danishes etc and the coffee is free.

The Wireless Internet worked like a champ and was a breeze to get on. The front desk folks are very friendly and bend over to help. I had a problem printing my boarding pass at their guest work station so the front desk clerk did it for me on her computer!

All in all, I would recommend this place and enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend the night with us while on business in New Jersey! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay asleep and awake. We love our super soft platform beds! We completely agree that coffee in your guestroom is a necessity, as well as complimentary bottled water! The Re:fuel grab-n-go area is 24/7 (minus the coffee), but I'm glad you had a chance to try the menu at Miller's Ale House. We love having a great place with reasonably priced meals next door that has great food options. There's also a Starbucks within walking distance. I figured it was worth mentioning with all this coffee-talk! It's our pleasure to assist our guests in any way we can. Whether it's helping with luggage or printing a boarding pass, we aim to make every stay easy breezy and all abuzz!
Seaford, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

On a Friday or saturday night, this place is alive. Very trendy but not obnoxious. Great for a younger crowd. Nice outdoor area and the lobby has sort of a "club" atmosphere. Great indoor pool. The rooms are simple and modern with very comfortable beds. The price per night can't be beat.

• Stayed June 2013
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
We're glad you enjoyed our weekender vibe! The live entertainment that we host at the W XYZ Bar on Saturday nights really adds to the atmosphere and attracts a great crowd. I'm glad you had a great experience outside in the Backyard, taking a dip in the Splash, and had a fantastic sleep in our ultra comfy platform bed, all at a savvy rate!