“Clean generous sized rooms, but not great for a business stay”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This property is clean, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are spacious. The look is very contemporary with a bit of a hipster vibe. It is a great location for a vacation or long weekend stay. It is not a great location for a business stay. The desk in the room was a built in with a funky dining style chair. Not great for getting work done. The wireless was brutally slow. The good news there is Starbucks was a short walk out the back door for email and a coffee. The ale house next door packs them in at night and that displaces a lot of parking. If you arrive back after 9:00pm you are in for a bit of a walk. In all fairness this brand does not advertise itself as a productivity property. Stay here if you are going to a wedding or other social event. If you need to work there are better choices.

Room Tip: The ale house is rocking at night. Try to stay on the other side if you want to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean M
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi Sean, We appreciate your kind comments and can't tell you how much it means to us that we made your stay a sassy, savvy and a-list one! Although we are a fantastic social hotel, many of our repeat guests are business travelers coming to the area. I'm glad you were impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness we provide in an unexpected urban space. Thank you for noting our easily accessible location just outside of Philadelphia, near a bunch of corporate parks at Exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike. I'm sorry that you felt the desk in your loft was a little more funky than functional. We do have plenty of space with outlets in the lobby to accommodate our business guests that need to be more comfortable when connected. Speaking of connected, sometimes the wireless does get slow especially if a lot of guests are on it at the same time. I'm glad you found relief at the Starbucks next door! Thank you for mentioning the parking situation for our future guests. Miller's Ale House is a great spot to enjoy the game or a casual dinner. They usually get busy during the evening hours, however there is plenty of parking in the front, rear, and right side of the hotel for our guests. The Miller's lot is to the left side of the hotel. I'm sorry that Miller's Ale House was a little loud, the front desk will always try to accommodate our guests, based on availability, if they make requests to be on the other side of the building as you suggest to our future guest. Sean, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and do hope you will stay with us again so that we may exceed your expectations!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very loud at night. The Internet service was slow slow slow slow. The TV service was hard to navigate it kept freezing up and the interfaces looked cheap and hokey. The room was clean and modern but thats it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hi Joe, Thank you for staying with us while travelling for business. We are typically referred to as one of the best hotels for corporate travelers, so we are surprised to receive this feedback. We understand that sometimes the karaoke crowd can get loud on Wednesday nights. Karaoke does end at 10pm, and we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm sorry that you experienced slow wireless internet. If at any time you have trouble with the internet or your loft TV you can always call the front desk by dialing 0 on your loft phone. The front desk agents or re:pair department can reset the wireless router or come up to take a look at the TV for you. Thank you for trying us out, I do hope we see you again to deliver a 5 star experience!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here one night to be close to my son's weekend sport tournament. The location is good. The Ale house restaurant was a nice, bar atmosphere next to the hotel--convenient and pretty good. Starbucks also across parking lot. Right off of highway. The hotel is very modern which I thought was an interesting change. The staff was helpful. The reason for the "average" is because I didn't sleep well due to noisy air conditioner with blowing air right on the bed. I also found a few little spots (including the door that slides out from the wall) that weren't as clean as I'd like. Not terribly offensive, but definitely missed 1-2 details when cleaning. The price was good, so nothing to overly fuss about, but I really needed my sleep that night.......didn't happen.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Aloft Mount Laurel. We hope your son's team did well at the tournament! Thank you for noting our great location and the great restaurants we have within walking distance of the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our modern look and found our talent team very friendly. I am disappointed, however, to hear that you did not sleep well. Our climate controlled HVAC units do turn on and off throughout the night in an effort to conserve energy. And I do apologize for the level of cleanliness in your loft. If you could please email us at aloha@aloftmountlaurel.com and let us know which loft you stayed in, we will be glad to re-inspect the cleanliness of the room for our next guests. Overall, I'm glad you saw value in the price, and had a great experience with our staff and Miller's Ale House. We do hope you'll stay with us again so that we may exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Aloft hotel in Mount Laurel and I have to say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is super trendy. Loved the bedding! Absolutely so comfortable especially the comforter. I don't like those other flimsy comforters at other hotels that are very thin and rough to the touch. The pool was nice although I would have thought it would have been much bigger. The backyard area is really nice. We went right next door to Millers for a few drinks and appetizers. Later on that evening we got hungry, ordered dinner from Millers and they delivered it with no extra charge. The room is very nice. Clean. I like the flat screen television in the room with a lot of channels to choose from. What I liked the best is that this hotel has adjoining rooms for when we stay with the kids. This hotel is good for couples and families. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for your sassy, savvy, 5 star review of the Aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel, NJ! From our trendy atmosphere to the amenities in your guestroom and our award-winning staff, it's our pleasure to always exceed your expectations. We're so glad you had a chance to take a sip in the Splash, hang out in our Backyard, and experience Miller's Ale House next door. Our management company is actually building another Miller's closer to you, in the North Jersey area! We hope to see you again and we look forward to meeting the kids! Make sure that when you make your reservation you ask the reservationist to note that you'd like adjoining rooms so that we can try our best to accommodate that request for you!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have stayed at the Aloft twice now and both times I have dealt with amazing and friendly staff. The rooms are amazing and the fact that they have direct TV available is fabulous. I stay in hotels a lot and I am so sick of the same 30 channels they all offer. Aloft goes above and beyond in every way. Both times I have stayed I have had the pleasure of dealing with Tishante' Jackson at the front desk. She has made my check in, check out, or whatever else I have needed extremely smooth. I do travel with a pet and she has been great at assisting me with that also. Although the hotels I stay at allow pets many of them have not been pet "friendly". Tishante' and the rest of the staff have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to make our stays beyond comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Hi Tina, Thank you for staying with us again. We're so happy that for each stay we were able to exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendless and we're so happy it shows! It would be my pleasure to share your kudos with Tish. We are very proud to have her on our team. Our staff and guests alike are all very friendly which makes Aloft a great place to showcase your pooch. Afterall, animals are family too! We look forward to accommodating you and your furry friend again soon. Best wishes for safe travels!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Was going to try and save some $ and stay at super 8 right by the Aloft , went to check in and found the room dirty and smelly left and went right over to Aloft...greeted and graciously accommodated. AS usual clean, spacious, great service and awesome wxyz bar in hotel with DJ and live music, and Millers Ale house next door that serves good pub food till 2am. Another great stay at Aloft! Clean,spacious room with clean, crisp linens. A+

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

I'm so happy your family was well accommodated in a clean, spacious loft with great service! I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere at the W XYZ Bar and the menu at Miller's Ale House next door. We're so pleased you had another sassy, savvy stay with us. A+ guests make it easy to supply A+ service!

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel was generally nice (clean rooms and good value) but the hotel customer service during the evening hours (Marty) was less than desired. Females who approached the service desk received much better service than did the males. Also, the speed dating night in the lobby was weird for a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad saw value in your guestroom amenities, but am disappointed to hear that you did not receive the level of service you expected from our staff. I will forward your email to our General Manager who will address these issues with our front desk. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and deliver a-list service every time.