“One of the nicer hotels in the area”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of the nicer hotels in the area”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Hotel offerings in Mt. Laurel tend to be along the lines of the trick stop variety, so you really only have a choice of the Aloft, or the Westin across the street in this category.

Hotel is modern-feeling. Rooms had sort of a "man cave" decor, with lots of dark grays and browns and wood. Our room wasn't very large, but it was well-designed in terms of space and felt roomy enough. The bed was just ok. There was a mattress pad on top of it that was not secured or fitted and kept slipping and creasing in the middle of the night.

Hanging closet space is minimal (and clothes go in facing you, rather than sideways), though there is a lot of shelf space. Bath area had large countertops.

Lobby had a bar and food area (snacks available for purchase) though we did not use this.

It is conveniently located off the Turnpike exit, and about 1/2 hour from the outskirts of Philly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3RedDoxies
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Hello! We love getting great feedback from well-traveled senior Trip Advisor reviewers like you!
I'm glad that you found our hotel to be convenient and of a higher caliber for the Mount Laurel area. Our modern design and style lends itself to a sleek, yet homey atmosphere meant to appeal to all 5 senses. Thank you for your note about the platform bed mattress in your loft. We have never had that issue brought to our attention before and will need to look into that with our re:pair team. I'm glad you found the closet and bathroom space in your loft to be adequate for your needs and I do hope that you will visit us again when you're in the area....And please bring those cute little red haired doxies with you! We are pet friendly and would absolutely love to meet them!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Aloft is not the type of hotel we would normally stay, however, from the moment you walk in you are made to feel comfortable by the ultra friendly reception staff. The hotel is "trendy" and clearly targets the young end of hotel cliental, but despite that, they made this old man and his younger wife feel very much at home. Rooms were small but very functional, clean and well presented, albeit very modern, I guess ultra-chic is the way to describe them.

The facilities in the public areas were very good and there was a very busy bar in the evenings where you are encouraged to mingle and meet the other guests.

The Aloft concept is a very good one and I cannot find fault with the hotel or the staff, who were always polite, helpful and best of all smiling.

A great place to stay and I will use Aloft hotels in the future - unless they tell me I'm too old for their image.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Philip, We're thrilled that your first stay was an easy, breezy, sassy, savvy experience! It's always our pleasure to make every guest feel comfortable in our trendy space with above and beyond cleanliness and friendliness! The W XYZ Bar and re:mix lounge is a cool open space that I'm glad you got to enjoy with your wife. With fun events and live music most nights, the W XYZ Bar definitely drives an energetic vibe! I'm glad we made you an Aloft believer, and no matter what your age, you can have an Aloft attitude. All we ask is that you bring the sass when you stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2013

As a frequent Starwood stayer, we chose this over the Westin across street as it had more amenities our family wanted and price was a bit less. I sometimes worry about W and Aloft atmosphere being not as family-friendly and we had a grandmother and 2 pre-teens with us. Aside from the Friday night ear-blasting DJ, the staff couldn't have been nicer, more welcoming and totally accomodating to all of us. Property totally clean and loads of great public lounging places that were (no surprise) quite empy in the early mornings. Wish they had more hot food all day but breakfast was pretty awesome and fast as well. Rooms were quite sizable and super clean. Beds extremely comfy and very generous bathroom space for multiple people. As a Starwood junkie, this changed my view of the Aloft brand! Totally appreciate they are a hipster property, but on this stay, they did right by our picky NYC family for a weekend. Highly recommend if you are in the area! Would have given 5 stars if they had parking close to the hotel reserved for the overnight guests, but a small negative. Sports bar next door was absolutely massive, good food and equally ok for families.

Room Tip: If staying on a Friday night and want to be away from the DJ noise, which is considerable, ask to be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Firstly, Thank you for your loyalty the Starwood Brand! We appreciate our guests and love receiving your great feedback! I'm glad our hotel provided a fun family friendly backdrop for you, your grandmother and two teens at a price point that was convenient without sacrificing great standard amenities, cleanliness, or comfort. I will share your note about the DJ with our General Manager and Assistant General Manager who book the weekly entertainment. We appreciate your tip to our future guests about the sound at the W XYZ Bar. Our guests can always ask for rooms on upper floors, and if we have them available we would be glad to provide! Our talent will be pleased to hear your kind comments about the service they provided to you and your family. As a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award Recipient for three years in a row, we thrive on great service! Overall, minus parking....we're working on a solution for that, I'm glad you had a sassy, savvy stay! And although you find the brand to be a bit "hipster" even the best New Yorkers have a little "aloft style" in them, don't kid yourself!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed the weekend of the Philadelphia Marathon. I have been doing this since 2011. The staff at the hotel provided great customer service and the room was cleaned very well. Consistency and professionalism is what keeps me coming back here every year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Wow! The Philadelphia Marathon! I am impressed! I hope you enjoyed the race as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. It's our pleasure to make all of our guests feel comfortable in a clean space with customer service that exceeds expectations! Thank you so much for staying with us each year, and we hope you enjoy a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Until next year...stay sassy!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here to attend a conference in Phily. I selected this location so I could utilize the PATCO like to travel into the city. The hotel looks very modern and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was greeted promptly upon entering the hotel and the checking process was quick and painless. The room was not large, but was well appointed and contained everything I needed. The room contained an in room safe, and a unique media dock for hooking up just about any electronic device possible. Complementary water bottles were in the room as well. The room was clean and everything was functional. I did not hear any noise from the other rooms. Additionally, the area around the hotel appeared to be good, and I was not concerned about my car in the parking lot. The Haddonfield PATCO station was a little farther away then I had anticipated (2 exits on 295) but using PATCO was infinitely better than driving into the city.

A+ for the Aloft hotel. I will use it again when in the area,

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Bill, We love getting comments from well-experienced travelers like yourself, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are located just outside of Philly for easy driving. PATCO is a very efficient way to travel into Philadelphia, but we also have a Greyhound Bus Station next door that is within walking distance. It's our pleasure to greet our guests with a smile upon arrival. We know how relieved our guests must feel when they finally get to us after driving long distances. For that reason, we try to make check in as quick and easy as possible so you can get to the bed faster! I'm glad you had everything your needed in your loft including bottled water, a safe and our entertainment jack-pack for all things tech-savvy. We're pleased that you had a quiet, comfortable and easy breezy stay. We hope you enjoyed the conference as much as, if not more than, your stay with us and we're looking forward to your next visit to the area!

A+ for the Aloft hotel. I will use it again when in the area,
Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Well, you read so many reviews here on TripAdvisor, and much of it you figure is just a bad personal experience. Many of the reviews I read of this property were not great, but I was using SPG points for the stay, so I looked past it. Bad move, it is trying to be an eclectic property like the W, funky layout, lounge, courtyard, color schemes...the lobby had an odor, the rooms had lumpy beds like I've never seen before, and the walls were paper thin. Saturday night stay, apparently they cater to hosting large blocks of rooms to a local wedding caterer. When I checked out on Sunday morning and commented about how it seemed people were partying all night long in their rooms, the reply at checkout was well we do cater to wedding parties, and try to put them on the 2nd and 3rd floor only...well I was on the 5th floor and wherever they were, were loud enough to keep me up all night. The staff at the checkout didn't seem to care that I had an awful experience. Don't walk from this one, run, too many other reasonable properties in the area, wish I could get my points back. Also, right along busy road, not quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg S
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Greg, We absolutely do care about our guest's experiences and we understand that your feedback is a gift. I'm sorry that your stay with us was not outstanding. Weekend nights fill the hotel with more leisure guests who are in the area for events or to visit area attractions and tour Historic Philadelphia. With that said, I would like to apologize for the noise level you experienced in your loft. If at any time another guest disturbs you please call the front desk and a manager on duty will address the situation for you. It is our goal to take action to solve problems, but we can only do that when we're given the opportunity. I do hope you will stay at other Aloft hotels to experience what the brand truly has to offer to the independent and modern traveler.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place is terrible. Hands down one of the worst properties I've ever stayed in. If I were 25 years younger, traveling through Europe on a shoestring budget, and used to sleeping on the floor, I would probably think this place was nice. Honestly, it's little better than a hostel.

Where to start? The decor is a combination of high school and jail cell, and the rooms resemble overnight train compartments. The bedding is awful - the comforter looked like it had been stuffed with cotton balls. The walls of my room were scuffed in odd places, and the carpet in the hallway looked like it had suffered recent water damage. When I stepped off the elevator, there was a huge trashbag filled with garbage that stayed there for several hours.

As I was putting some things away, someone came right into my room. It was housekeeping, who then was embarrassed because she hadn't knocked - she sort of threw a towel out me and then ran out. I'd go on to complain about the food and service at the evening reception my company held for us in one of the Aloft "meeting spaces," but it would just be a continued rant.

After three hours here, I checked out and called a friend to stay at her place instead.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Phlyjets
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hello, Aloft Hotels are a modern approach to travel that offers loft-inspired spaces and a social atmosphere, which actually is very much like a European hostel! The layout and design is meant to encourage guests to meet and mix in the common areas. I do apologize for the wear and tear you noticed in and around your guestroom. Please know that we are working on consistently maintaining our property. Now that our Regional Chief Engineer is back full time, these issues should be repaired in no time! The bag that you noticed just off the elevator should not have been there and I am sorry that you noticed it. I will address this, and the situation you experienced with the re:fresh attendant in your guestroom, with our new Executive Housekeeper. Also, I am very surprised that you were not impressed with our meetings and events team. As you can see from other reviewers below, we do throw fantastic social and corporate events with great food and drink. Since you have a friend in the area, next time you visit them, we hope that you will stay with us or check out our W XYZ Bar events calendar to see what entertainment we are have in our lounge area. And if you are not coming this way any time soon, I hope that you do try to out another Aloft Hotel to experience what the brand truly has to offer to independent and modern travelers.