“Pleasantly surprised.”

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Naples, FL
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Given the other hotels in the area, this is very nice and reasonably priced. The rooms are very quiet due to the setup and the amenities are very practical.

Staff was polite and helpful. Hotel was kept very clean.

No drawers to put things. Just open shelves in the bathroom area. This was my one complaint.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We're so glad you had a sassy, savvy experience, minus the storage space in our loft guestrooms. I'm thrilled that we are a stellar choice for you in the Mount Laurel area. Our talented staff, clean rooms and great amenities at a savvy price are sure to wow every time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at other Aloft's before, so I understand the concept. Trendy without being over the top pretentious.

This one was average to below average...I wish I could give it 2.5 stars. First, the rooms. Standard Aloft, big bed, medium comfort, bar bones amenities in the room...which I guess is supposed to be trendy? Toilet/shower separated from sink area by sliding door that doesn't work very well. Shower has the soap and shampoo dispensers on the wall, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Low rent. Very tight "Closet" space if you can call it that. Nice TV, DirecTV stations.

There was also a bad smell in the hall...almost a sewage smell. Thankfully it didn't permeate in my room. But this may explain the intense cleaning solution smell in the rest of the hotel.

The gym...small. Very few machines. The tv's on the machine didn't work...until I learned you had to actually use a separate remote control to work them??? I've never seen that. The machine wipe down wipes were broken, there was no water.

The lobby...this is not a night club...come on. I appreciate the daily specials ($3 drafts on Monday and Wednesday)...but a DJ? Karaoke? It can be annoying when you are just looking to relax after work. It seems like karaoke was populated by a bunch of locals not even staying at the hotel.

Stay at the Westin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you overall enjoy the Aloft Hotels concept of being edgy, but not too modern at an affordable rate. However, I am sincerely disappointed in your comments as our loft guestroom amenities are Aloft brand standard. I will follow up on the scent you picked you up on in the hallway as well as the small inconveniences you experienced in the Re:charge fitness center. Any time the gym or pool is missing anything or something is not working correctly, feel free to grab any of our talent agents and ask. We'd be glad to promptly assist! Also, our W XYZ Bar, like the hotel, is always a buzz with energy! It is a local South Jersey hot spot with live music and events most nights. I'm so sorry that the vibe of the W XYZ Bar is not what you were expecting. For that reason, Starwood does have a broad portfolio of brands, including Westin which is a more traditional luxury brand and we are proud to have this sister hotel right across the street. Thank you very much for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and thank you for your sincere review of Aloft Mount Laurel.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Aloft Mt. Laurel for my boyfriend surprise birthday weekend it was great. Check-in/check out was fast. My bf & I was very impressed with the hotel. And my bf loved the "w xyz bar" that was located in the lobby. The pool & gym area was great. I love the area it was quiet & relaxing for our weekend stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Can we say, best girlfriend ever! We're so pleased that you and your boyfriend were impressed with your stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the W XYZ Bar, in the Splash indoor pool and the Re:charge gym. But most importantly, we are happy that you enjoyed a successful surprise birthday weekend full of relaxation and each other's company. We love being a part of special moments like this, and we can't wait to see what he has in store for you for your birthday!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here a few times over the last couple of years for business, and I can say that this is a classic Aloft property. Very consistent with every other Aloft property I've stayed at. It is located right next to Miller's sports bar, which is a good place to grab a drink and play a round or two of pool. Overall, its a no frills kind of place, but feels like a good value for the cost.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels as your preferred hotel of choice, that sounds like a pretty travel-savvy decision to us! It's important to know that a hotel will meet your expectations, and we're proud that we deliver on that promise consistently. Thank you for your business and continued support throughout the years. And remember...you can always grab a drink, play a round of pool and watch the game at our very own W XYZ Bar! The Bar menu will be updated next month, if you're visiting us in the spring be sure to try some of our new tasty bites!
medford, oregon
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

First visit to the Aloft chain...a very unique and modern style...nice, clean. This location just didn't seem to be near anything...and seemed a little sterile. One issue I had was with a heater that when it kicked on, made a real racket. I tried a few tricks and finally shut it off completely. Staff was nice. Trip from and to Philly airport $60 to $70. I'm not familiar with the area so may have misjudged.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for trying us out on your business trip! I'm glad you enjoyed the ultra modern look and feel of our loft-inspired guestrooms, however, I'm sorry that our energy-saving heating and cooling system disturbed you. Our location is right off all the major highways which is great if you need to get South Jersey areas. Traveling into Philly is still fairly easy and quick, but I'm afraid that you may have mistaken us for the Aloft-Philadelphia Airport possibly. Either way, I'm glad that our staff was professional and helpful during your stay and I do hope that you will choose Aloft Hotels in your future travels.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in an Aloft hotel for a 2 night business trip. It was clean and modern with simple conveniences like a mini-store in the lobby, lots of outlets in well-placed locations, free wifi, and a spacious room with ample space to sit and work. It has a modern, minimalist in feel and I think is a great value for the price. If you want luxury, this is probably not what you're looking for, but for a clean and simple room at a great price...this is a perfect choice!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
We're so glad that you had a sassy, savvy first stay with us! I'm glad that you saw the value in our modern design, large spaces, and convenient amenities throughout the hotel. We do love our business travelers, but I hope that this experience will encourage you to travel for fun to Aloft Hotels in the future!
Hazlet, NJ
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

It was my 1st time staying at Aloft brand of spg. So far it seems to be better than sharaton brand. This hotel is in a nice location, check in and check out was a breeze. I wish they had room service and full dinner options.

The rooms are very nice and clean. Had no issues during my stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hello, Thank you for your loyalty the Starwood Preferred Guest program, we're honored to be your first Aloft Hotels experience! Truth is, we love our business travelers. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient with an easy breezy check in/check out process. You're right, we do not offer room service, however, Miller's Ale House restaurant next door will run take out deliveries to our guests. So, next time you're in town, try them out!