“Perfect for an overnight family trip”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at Aloft on a Saturday with our four year old daughter and another family with two small kids. We chose it because of the close proximity to CoCo Key and the amenities it offered-- pool for the kids, courtyard and lounge for the adults. The rooms (theirs was a Queen, ours a King) were spacious, clean and comfortable. The decor was really fun and not the typical stale hotel room. The way they incorporated small touches (opaque panel from the living area to the shower to let in natural light) was nice and definitely lent a more upscale feeling to the place.

The best part was the staff! Melanie (sorry if that's wrong!) at the front desk was incredibly sweet and friendly to our little ones. She went out of her way to show us the pool and tell us about the area. Check in and out was a breeze.

The lounge, bar. pool area and general grounds were well maintained and clean. The bartender was very nice and our friends had a few drinks while I took the kids to the salt water pool. I'm not sure it's entirely salt water (there was a chlorine smell) but it was clear and that's the most important part! The re:Fuel Cafe is a little over priced but it's in the lobby and to be expected.

The rate was also incredibly fair and we got the Sip n' Stay Package which worked out even better. I'd absolutely recommend this hotel for families (kid friendly!) and adults wanting a fun place to stay for a girls/guys weekend. A big thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: We asked to stay away from the elevators because we read reviews saying it could be loud during busy...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Sue, I am thrilled to share your review with our talent members! Aloft is the perfect place to stay and play no matter what your age! The Splash and W XYZ Bar with our Backyard space makes for a very inviting family stay-cation! Our clean and comfy hotel is located near many area attractions, like Coco Keys Indoor WaterPark, which I'm glad you took advantage of. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your loft-inspired guestroom. Aloft is anything, but typical! And I'm so pleased you enjoyed the decor! We are very fortunate to have amazing talent members, like Miranda, who love making people smile. That's what hospitality is all about!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrived for a wedding where a block of rooms were set aside for everyone with early check in promised. Arrived at the hotel at 3PM - this is the NORMAL check in time, and there was a line at the front desk, not a good sign. Apparently rooms were not available yet, and I was about 10th in line to get mine. Probably about 30 people hanging out in the lobby that came from a wedding that was held in the hotel (my guess). They were loud to the point that you had to shout to talk. They should have been asked to move away from the check in area, but they weren't. Finally checked in around 4PM, dressed and dashed off to the wedding. The girl at the front desk was pleasant, however, she had no help and they should have had more people getting the rooms ready. The room was weird as I never stayed in Aloft hotels before, and quite frankly didn't like the setup at all so I won't be staying again. No dressers, had cubby holes in the sink area to put your clothes. TV didn't work in the room, needed them to come and fix. Cost of the room wasn't cheap, would stay at one of the adjacent hotels if in the area. Wouldn't stay here again, will avoid Alot Chain in the future as well due to the room setup.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you have to stay in this hotel. Otherwise, go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PAJAY
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear PAJAY, Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. As I am sure you can imagine, check in time before a wedding is always a little bit crazy. To avoid any wedding day hiccups, we always tell our brides and grooms to suggest to their guests that they book their rooms for the night prior to the event. Our check in time is 3PM and I am sorry that your guestroom was not ready at that time. Thank you for your patience during the wait time. I am pleased that our front desk agent quickly worked to accommodate you with pleasant and helpful service and I am glad that you did get to the wedding on time. I am disappointed that you did not care for the layout of our loft-inspired rooms. Our lofts are large and very modern, so the space features furnishings with clean lines and a minimalistic design. I am very sorry that you did not see the value in your stay. We do understand that the Aloft Hotels brand is not a perfect fit for every traveler, however, I do hope that you will stay with us again if you're ever in the area so that you can truly experiences the sassy, savvy travel experience that Aloft Mount Laurel does provide.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Aloft Mount Laurel in a block for a wedding. All staff that we dealt with were very nice even under stressful situations. The rooms are very nice and clean. We did not utilize the pool area but it looked beautiful. Our chief complaint was that check in was 3pm when we arrived a little after 3 our room was not ready. Normally this would not be an issue but we had to get ready for the wedding and be there for 5pm. The one thing that did impress me was that after filling out a post stay survey I received a personal e-mail from the manager addressing the concerns I had.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Jaime, I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced upon check in. Check in is at 3pm and typically, we are ready to go at 3pm! Thank you very much for your patience regarding this situation. I'm happy that our talented team members were able to address this quickly and efficiently in a friendly manner for you and the other guests of the wedding. We pride ourselves on friendliness and cleanliness, and I am very pleased that we delivered both! Thank you for submitting a post stay survey. Our guests our number one priority and I hope that that is apparent in our level of guest service.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been to Business meetings here in the past and they always did a Nice Professional job. I stayed here after a wedding and was disappointed by the room ( really Cut Up) and by the Lack of Food at the place. I've been more Impressed at Holiday Inn's Express. Based on the location I had High hopes for staying here but Average at best

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Tom, Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to get your point of view from a business and social event stand point. As you know, party planners choose the menu for their events and I am sorry that you were disappointed in the items that were offered at the wedding compared to your business meetings. In addition to our event space, the Re:fuel grab and go lunch area is 24/7 and the W XYZ Bar hosts a plethora of appetizers. Miller's Ale House is next door for an added restaurant experience and Starbucks is also in our parking lot for an additional convenient breakfast/lunch option. I am surprised that you were not thrilled with your loft-inspired guestroom. I will share your feedback about the condition of the room with our maintenance team who handles the preventive maintenance of all of lofts so that they can improve the quality of the condition of our guestrooms. Thank you very much for your honest feedback and I do hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can exceed the expectation of an average stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and friendly. I will stay here for Parx trips and drive 30 minutes for the added comfort. Big south beach feel in the lobby with live music in the afternoon . Coffee is room is the only bad thing.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Coldstonedave

Dave! We love those 5 stars and sincerely appreciate your great review! We are glad to be your hotel of choice for fun, overnight trips to Parx Casino. Thank you for sharing the vibe of our South Beach flair and our fun atmosphere with live music at the W XYZ Bar most nights. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the in-room coffee available. I do hope that the breakfast blend available in our breakfast area is better for you. Overall, I am ecstatic that you have had many a sassy, savvy experience with us and are excited to have you back for some more fun!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Currently staying at the hotel and are very disappointed with a few things. Take the "complimentary bottled water" at face value that really means 1 small bottle in your room the rest you pay for. Also booked sip and stay for two nights but only received the the drinks for one night not two. Rooms are fine and clean. Just expected more. Also no ice machines on floors must go to lobby, kind of a pain

• Stayed: July 2014
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience. I do apologize. I can understand your disappointment when you did not receive drink vouchers for the W XYZ Bar for the second night of your stay. When you book the sip and stay package the front desk usually gives you the drink tokens upfront at check in. Usually we give 2 tokens per night for these stays. You can always ask for additional tokens if you realize that you are missing some. This sometimes happens with our ARF, pet-friendly, stays too. If there is ever anything you need or if there is anything you are missing, please speak up and ask the front desk. We want you to see the value in an Aloft stay and if there is anything that we can do to enhance your stay we will do that if we aware of an issue.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

After having 2 disappointing hotel experiences in the area, my family tried this one. We liked it enough to stay the remainder of our trip. This hotel as an air conditioner that you can actually set to the temperature you want. I am so frustrated by the hotels that have a thermostat that is just a false sense of temperature control. The layout of the room made good sense. All of the furniture is actually built in, which eliminates the concern of a small child being able to inadvertently pull furniture down on top of themselves. The TV is mounted on the wall, which is another safety benefit for those with small children. The cable TV offers far more channels than any other hotel we've stayed in recently. There is an empty mini fridge, which was convenient for us. The only complaints I have are that the fitted sheet kept coming off due to a slippery mattress pad underneath, the shower head was annoying because the spray was covering such a large area that I couldn't get enough water directed at me and there was a disposable coffee cup near the coffee maker that had been used. Given that I was satisfied with everything else, I could deal with these things. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: July 2014

I am very sorry for your previous experiences. It is so important to be able to relax after being on the road traveling! I could imagine your frustration. I am glad that you found your way to Aloft Mount Laurel where you could enjoy a fun and safe retreat for the remainder of your trip. I am happy to hear that the whole family was able to enjoy the comfort of our the loft-inspired guestrooms. With a European layout and modern design, everything in our lofts is safe, comfy and convenient. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about the fitted sheets, rainfall shower head and the disposable coffee cup. We are thrilled that you were satisfied with your stay and are excited to hear that you will recommend us. We sincerely hope that you do come back to visit us again for another sassy, savvy South Jersey stay!